Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal 17:13 - Jun 28 with 3065 viewsNYC_Saint

Looks like we won't be getting a new keeper then. I'm surprised we have made this decision but maybe it points to some pragmatism that we can't try and play for 70% possession in the Premier League.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 13:02 - Jul 25 with 431 viewsButty101

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:23 - Jul 25 by SaintNick

We should all have realised by now that what managers say and what they do is too completely different things, when you are chasing a player you don't want to sound desperate, you do not want to show chinks in your armour.

So when Russell Martin is asked if he is after a keeper he can say one of several things.

1. Yes I am desperate for a keeper, I am well aware of the limitations of the current keepers and if i don't get one we are f*cked.

2. I am happy with what we have, however if one of them were to leave and the right man came up we would consider it.

I know what reply I would like and I also know that neither reply probably actually means anything, Martin is covering all bases by saying number two and he is not upsetting the current keepers.

Why give Mccarrthy a 2 year contract? One at best would have been sufficient. He’s now going no where

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 07:11 - Jul 26 with 355 viewsBuenosSaint

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 13:02 - Jul 25 by Butty101

Why give Mccarrthy a 2 year contract? One at best would have been sufficient. He’s now going no where

Potential to sell him instead of a free?

Poll: The Long Future

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 11:28 - Jul 26 with 315 viewsdirk_doone

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 07:11 - Jul 26 by BuenosSaint

Potential to sell him instead of a free?

Sell him????

You seriously believe another club would actually pay money for him?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:23 - Jul 26 with 250 viewsSaintNick

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 13:02 - Jul 25 by Butty101

I think McCarthy is as much a coaching role, last season when he was 3rd choice keeper he would still be out on the pitch pre match working with the goalkeepers to warm them up

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:27 - Jul 26 with 245 viewsdirk_doone

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:23 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

I think McCarthy is as much a coaching role, last season when he was 3rd choice keeper he would still be out on the pitch pre match working with the goalkeepers to warm them up

I would not like our future goalkeepers to be coached by McCarthy. Are we never going to get rid of him?

Nowadays, the top clubs, like Man City and Arsenal, are bringing in goalkeeping coaches from Spain.
[Post edited 26 Jul 12:33]

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:57 - Jul 26 with 224 viewsSaintNick

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:27 - Jul 26 by dirk_doone

I would not like our future goalkeepers to be coached by McCarthy. Are we never going to get rid of him?

Nowadays, the top clubs, like Man City and Arsenal, are bringing in goalkeeping coaches from Spain.
[Post edited 26 Jul 12:33]

Most Goalkeeping coaches did not play at the highest level, its a bit of a coincidence that the two clubs with Spanish managers fill their coaching staff with Spaniards.

Look at Manchester United Ten Haag has mainly Dutch coaches including his goalkeeping coach, Liverpool have just appointed a Brazilian, Chelsea have an English goalkeeping coach and each subsequent manager brought his own in alongside him.

Spurs have Rob Burch who is English, Newcastle have Adam Bartlett & Shwan Jalal both English

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 13:03 - Jul 26 with 218 viewsdirk_doone

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:57 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

Most Goalkeeping coaches did not play at the highest level, its a bit of a coincidence that the two clubs with Spanish managers fill their coaching staff with Spaniards.

Look at Manchester United Ten Haag has mainly Dutch coaches including his goalkeeping coach, Liverpool have just appointed a Brazilian, Chelsea have an English goalkeeping coach and each subsequent manager brought his own in alongside him.

Spurs have Rob Burch who is English, Newcastle have Adam Bartlett & Shwan Jalal both English

Aston Villa and Brighton have also done well with Spanish goalkeeping coaches. When you have the whole world to choose from, why not bring in the best? Choosing someone because he's English and been at the club for a long time does not bring you the best, especially as English coaches, all taught from the same FA coaching manuals, seem to be lagging behind nowadays.
[Post edited 26 Jul 13:10]

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 13:18 - Jul 26 with 187 viewsSaintNick

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 13:03 - Jul 26 by dirk_doone

Aston Villa and Brighton have also done well with Spanish goalkeeping coaches. When you have the whole world to choose from, why not bring in the best? Choosing someone because he's English and been at the club for a long time does not bring you the best, especially as English coaches, all taught from the same FA coaching manuals, seem to be lagging behind nowadays.
[Post edited 26 Jul 13:10]

Again Spanish manager at Villa bringing in people he has worked with , I never said that a goalkeeping coach has to be English, I just said that McCarthy was helping out with the warm up sessions

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024