Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't Buy an EV Until 2028- Solid State Batteries 22:31 - Sep 23 with 1182 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Solid state batteries are here, half the weight, twice the range and charge in 10 minutes.

[Post edited 23 Sep 22:41]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: Your World Cup Verdict

0
Don't Buy an EV Until 2028- Solid State Batteries on 23:08 - Sep 23 with 1102 viewsonehunglow

Thanks
Just changed to my second one
2028
?
Don’t assume you will love to see it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Don't Buy an EV Until 2028- Solid State Batteries on 23:25 - Sep 23 with 1093 viewsmajorraglan

Too late for me - I bought a used EV 2 weeks ago. My previous car was an 11 year old diesel which I’d looked after and serviced regularly, but it had started playing up and after a big job on it my mechanic told me to move it on - which is what I did. I bought a 3 year old EV which has a warranty, good battery life and so far I’ve been really impressed.

Driving an EV is different, but it doesn’t take long to get use to it. It’s very economical and costs £4.00 for a full charge (home charger on an EV tariff) which gives me a range of around 250 miles which is more than enough for what I need. If we need travel a long way, then we’ll use the wife’s plug in hybrid, that has a range of of about 35 miles on its battery so it’s great for local journeys too.

I can’t see me going back to petrol or diesel. If these solid state battery’s are as good as they say they are, I may well look to get one of them instead of the hybrid.
[Post edited 24 Sep 8:05]
0
Don't Buy an EV Until 2028- Solid State Batteries on 07:21 - Sep 24 with 970 viewsDr_Winston

I don't often drive more than 200 miles in a round trip, but when I do I prefer to be able to do it without sitting in a services for 40 minutes charging the car, even if I can find a charging point, so I'll stick with my hybrid for now.

If SSB's are as good as advertised then they will be a game changer and I'd definitely consider one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

0
Don't Buy an EV Until 2028- Solid State Batteries on 08:07 - Sep 24 with 923 viewsWhiterockin

Don't Buy an EV Until 2028- Solid State Batteries on 07:21 - Sep 24 by Dr_Winston

I don't often drive more than 200 miles in a round trip, but when I do I prefer to be able to do it without sitting in a services for 40 minutes charging the car, even if I can find a charging point, so I'll stick with my hybrid for now.

If SSB's are as good as advertised then they will be a game changer and I'd definitely consider one.


They will be and the value of the current models will collapse, those currently considering changing I would really recommend to wait.
1
Don't Buy an EV Until 2028- Solid State Batteries on 16:29 - Sep 24 with 796 viewsSullutaCreturned

Don't Buy an EV Until 2028- Solid State Batteries on 08:07 - Sep 24 by Whiterockin

They will be and the value of the current models will collapse, those currently considering changing I would really recommend to wait.


half the weight, twice the range, 10 minutes to charge...I'll wait and see because something else we need to know is, how much will these cars cosr and I bet they aint cheap.
0
Don't Buy an EV Until 2028- Solid State Batteries on 17:46 - Sep 24 with 774 viewsDr_Winston

Don't Buy an EV Until 2028- Solid State Batteries on 16:29 - Sep 24 by SullutaCreturned

half the weight, twice the range, 10 minutes to charge...I'll wait and see because something else we need to know is, how much will these cars cosr and I bet they aint cheap.


Like most new technologies they'll be expensive premium products until the manufacturing economies of scale kick in.

Expect a rollout in the premium marques for the first few years before gradually becoming standard across the ranges.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026