Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Chairman should... 00:20 - Sep 21 with 2672 viewskrafty80

...get Eyre and Bunn into his office first thing tomorrow morning, and read them the riot act. He has a right to know exactly how the management team can justify such a lacklustre performance in a game that was so important to us financially. We were 1-0 up at half-time, but at no point did any of us feel sure we'd win the game. At 2-1 down, we more or less gave up.

I hope at the very least that the chairman will be asking Steve to reiterate his plan to ensure we are more robust defensively, and I also hope there are some searching questions asked about his ability to sign players from within the lower divisions. I am willing to give Matt Barnes Homer the benefit of the doubt as an individual for a few games, but on tonight's evidence he was woeful and, I reckon, pretty overweight. There are other examples, as we know.

The chairman might also like to ask Steve about the Gary Jones quandary. We are more dependent on Jonah now (in my opinion) than at any time since 1999, and yet the man is well into his 30s, and cannot be expected to deliver the kind of performances we have seen so far this season (and last) without significant support from other players around him. If Jones gets crocked, do we still have a midfield? Answers on a postcard.

Football is supposed to be a squad game, but do we really have a squad? We have a first XI that looks both nervous and knackered, and fringe players we haven't even seen -- like Twaddle and Marshall, who is available to both us and Droylsden, if I understand correctly.

Lastly, I am seriosuly worried about the general lack of enthusiasm and poor body language of many of the players, especially at half time and during warm up. Maybe it was something I didn't look at during the previous regime, but it stands out to me now and it worries me. In addition we have a pretty woeful disciplinary record. Ashley Grimes is a prime culprit in my view -- too often remonstrating when he doesn't get a pass, even in gmaes we're winning, eg Bury. But generally we are collecting too many bookings. Why?

Sorry if these issues have been raised on other threads, I'm just hoping that, rather than letting any clamour for the manager's head to take root, the Chairman reminds Mr Eyre of his responsibilities and asks for concrete plans indicating where an improvemnt is to come from.

We missed a critical opportunity to put the club in a more financially stable position tonight, despite having the best possible springboard. The Chairman must intervene.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024