Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure what to think 22:38 - Oct 25 with 2543 viewsLondondale

I really don't know whether we're going forward or backwards.

I don't know whether we're starting to 'gel' or just showing glimpses of good play amongst the swathes of awfulness.

What I do know (or think I know) is that -

1) Balkestein is NOT a full back. He is clearly a slow-paced centre half who has no idea what he's doing at left back.

2) We CANNOT pass the ball out from the back with the current players we have playing there.

3) We CANNOT persist in playing '4-3-3' with these personnel. Grimes and Eccelston end up being played out of position, and JLAA was not good enough to be a target man for Hill and should not be our target man now. I appreciate his energy and effort, but this is a man who could barely get a game for us last year.

4) Tutte, Grimes, Adams, and Darby are good individual young players with, I think, bright futures.

5) Holness is not as good a player as we thought he was.

6) If we play 4-4-2 and keep things bloody simple (cross the ball into the box and provide grimes/eccleston/JLAA with some service) we might do better. We're not Arsenal or Chelsea and this 4-1-2-2-1 does not work with poorer players.

7) That was one of the worst first halves of football I've seen from a Rochdale team while I've been supporting the team (since Barrow).

I'd appreciate your thoughts!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024