Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today. A credit 19:10 - Jan 28 with 876 viewsofficialdale

Before the game I was thinking to myself, we're either going to drum the life out of 'em or its going to be the other way round. When I say drummed, I didn't think of slaughtering them from the 1st to the 93rd minute.

Bury had the kick, and we started our structure with two wide men on the left of midfield leaving the right hand side bare. I couldn't get my head around it? But suppose it was just one of many magician tactics, Coleman has up his sleeve. It must of been 15 seconds in, and we got hold of the ball, from there the game was ours. Stringing passes together, passes that we haven't played or risked in months. Then after 15 minutes of battering and bruising Berry, Spotland was suddenly rocking to the chants of Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro. 1-0. From thereon in the game was only going on way, Rochdale's way. Dictating every area of the field, tidy one-twos, crisp accurate passes & countless shots on goal, wingers getting behind opposing full backs, which have all been a rare occurring this season. 26 minutes since we took the lead had gone, then Adams put a tasty ball only to see Kennedy's shot saved by the legs of Belford, but only one man could of been on the end of a lose ball in and around the six yard area. Ashley Grimes! 2-0. Akpa Akpro ran the ball into the corner, & the ref blew up for Half Time.

The second half couldn't of come quicker and the Dale lads entered the field with a massive round of applause, which followed with ringing boos towards the the opposing half of the field. When the ref was ready, the game resumed and Berry had a short stint which lasted around hmm, a minute? & from there Dale once again picked up the ball & continued what was evident in the first 45. The hard work and the consistency payed off, Grimes latched onto once again, another Adams assistancy and the game was wrapped up. Signed sealed delivered. The place had a buzz, and the atmosphere emphasized the joy and laughter, but most of all the massive sigh of relief - we have someone who can take us places again, but foremost can sustain Rochdale's League One status.

We was absolute quality today. As said above, from the word go we dictated the game. There was passion, aggression and most of all leadership for the first time this season. We saw a different captain, a different defensive display, and a different striker. There wasn't hesitance of getting stunk in, or risking an injury. They was a flippin joy to watch today.

The defense? Who was these lads today, seriously?! Every header, every second ball and every challenge was won. I think I spotted one, 'sloppy' error in the first half when Amanwkwaah showed a little to much and lost possession to the albino up top. But I can honestly say that's the only criticism I can pull out from the back four today. Not like they deserve it. Widdowson was creative but solid. & Darby was himself, solid - no mistakes.

Midfield. Amazing is an understatement - Barry Murphy looked as 'o he could for another ten years and Jones looked like he can play for another 20. Their selves and JK made the job so easy for themselves and this personally was the main dictatorship of the 90 minutes. Tidy, passes which sometimes worked up of 5 yards but they controlled the speed and the style of the game. When Tutte was introduced, it seemed like we had gained talent on the pitch, rather than lost and I fully agree.

Forwards absolute, second to none. Akpa proved he can hold the line with class and consistency & Grimes proved he can score goals and be the missing piece in our jigsaw with two of them on his talley. How many is that for the season in all competitions now? 8.. And Nicky Adams? Take a bow son. Top class performance, and for extra brownie points, not one of his crosses ended up in the stands. Full deserved the MoM award. Well done.

Special mention to the fans today. Brilliant, and more than supportive imo. & To the Coleman and the management?! Thank you and continue what your doing! It's one game I know, but 'one' game can change a lot of things!

Onwards and upwards!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Post match reaction on 19:22 - Jan 28 with 802 viewsofficialdale

One more thing - Long looked as if he'd been playing with us for months. Top stuff
Post match reaction on 19:31 - Jan 28 with 743 viewsBeechy

Excellent post

Couldn't agree more!

Top performance from the boys today infront of the best fans in the league
Post match reaction on 19:45 - Jan 28 with 672 viewsfrenzied

just fantastic today throughout the team ,i dont expect that level of performance every week but with that level of commitment and work rate we will win more than we will lose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024