Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal celebrations by Grimes 10:59 - Jan 29 with 3129 viewsjustanillusion

Out of interest when Grimes scored his first he made a point of cutting short his celebrations in front of the T.D.S and going over to main stand (nearest side to T.D.S) and posturing to fans - i couldn't see who this was aimed at but presuming it was a celebratory thing between family - or was it a signal to some fans that sit in that area that had maybe given gip in previous home games .........anyone sat in that area clarify ?

Goal celebrations by Grimes on 12:59 - Jan 29 with 2913 viewsofficialdale

His family I think pal
Goal celebrations by Grimes on 13:05 - Jan 29 with 2875 viewsSuddenLad

Goal celebrations by Grimes on 12:59 - Jan 29 by officialdale

His family I think pal

Quite possibly, but Chris Beech was sat on the steps at the very back of the stand along with Tony Ellis.

Maybe he was making a point ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Goal celebrations by Grimes on 14:06 - Jan 29 with 2730 viewsjustanillusion

Goal celebrations by Grimes on 13:05 - Jan 29 by SuddenLad

Quite possibly, but Chris Beech was sat on the steps at the very back of the stand along with Tony Ellis.

....interesting... considering the fact Beechy didnt think Grimes was worthy of a start in all of his 6 games as manager

anyhow just happy to see Grimes back to his best
Up the Dale!
Goal celebrations by Grimes on 16:41 - Jan 29 with 2489 viewskirbys

Goal celebrations by Grimes on 14:06 - Jan 29 by justanillusion

....interesting... considering the fact Beechy didnt think Grimes was worthy of a start in all of his 6 games as manager

anyhow just happy to see Grimes back to his best
Up the Dale!

But it's true - he wasn't worth a start, he obviously didn't want to play for Beechy.

How we could have used his craft and movement this past few months, but if it is not on offer he cannot be picked.
Yesterday he really showed what he is capable of - as did a few others by the way.

It was great to see his quality yesterday, he could soon win everyone round, he just has to continue in that way.
Goal celebrations by Grimes on 17:52 - Jan 29 with 2396 viewssweetcorn

Goal celebrations by Grimes on 16:41 - Jan 29 by kirbys

But it's true - he wasn't worth a start, he obviously didn't want to play for Beechy.

How we could have used his craft and movement this past few months, but if it is not on offer he cannot be picked.
Yesterday he really showed what he is capable of - as did a few others by the way.

It was great to see his quality yesterday, he could soon win everyone round, he just has to continue in that way.

He never lost me, to win me back around, always rated grimes, even in his bad patch where he didn't seem interested, he's worth having on the pitch because he simply knows what it takes to score at this level, i'm still as excited to about his talents now as i was when we signed him in the summer, hopefully we'll stay up this year and really see what King coleman can do with a full pre-season and summer to bring in the 'rough diamonds'.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Goal celebrations by Grimes on 18:33 - Jan 29 with 2319 viewsolympicdale

Goal celebrations by Grimes on 16:41 - Jan 29 by kirbys

Ive always thought that it just needed the right manager to get the best out of Grimey, and so far its proven that way.

Most of his goals for us have been no more than 6 yards out, I've said it countless times, get the ball in that area and he will score 9 times out of 10, the lad is a proven finisher, fantastic to see him back to his early season form.

Life is a game of fate.

Goal celebrations by Grimes on 19:28 - Jan 29 with 2232 viewsColDale

given that Grimes is the best finisher at the club, I'd hazard a guess that Coleman told the players to shoot on sight on Saturday, and Grimes was given a specific instruction to follow every shot in on the off chance that it spills to him.

I did a post a couple of weeks ago going on about the worth of a manager and how they are massively under valued throughout football. With a decent manager, Grimes is someone who can score a bag full and will no doubt attract big money interest from higher up the leagues. With the wrong man in charge, he's an also ran and is perceived as being lazy, all down to us not playing to his strengths. You simply cannot gamble on the manager's position.
Goal celebrations by Grimes on 19:30 - Jan 29 with 2210 viewsDoris

Goal celebrations by Grimes on 19:28 - Jan 29 by ColDale

given that Grimes is the best finisher at the club, I'd hazard a guess that Coleman told the players to shoot on sight on Saturday, and Grimes was given a specific instruction to follow every shot in on the off chance that it spills to him.

I did a post a couple of weeks ago going on about the worth of a manager and how they are massively under valued throughout football. With a decent manager, Grimes is someone who can score a bag full and will no doubt attract big money interest from higher up the leagues. With the wrong man in charge, he's an also ran and is perceived as being lazy, all down to us not playing to his strengths. You simply cannot gamble on the manager's position.

i mentioned to a mate we seemed like stevenage with the shoot on sight attitude after about 20 mins.
Login to get fewer ads

Goal celebrations by Grimes on 19:33 - Jan 29 with 2194 viewsluckystrike

Goal celebrations by Grimes on 13:05 - Jan 29 by SuddenLad

if I remember right, Hilly used to have a member of staff or two sat in the TDS during games, to get a different view of the game and give feedback. Beechy is, I would guess a valued member of the backroom staff, and I am sure no player would want to make a point in that way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024