Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How close are we to buying pitch covers? 15:15 - Feb 16 with 3335 viewsSpeedy

Because if we can get a modern artificial pitch we'll (almost) never have to postpone again. I know this has been discussed on here before but it's looking likely that they'll be permitted soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17064905
How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 15:19 - Feb 16 with 3326 viewsTomRAFC

if there are pitches avaliable that dont cause the ball to behave differently than it would on grass than i say bring them in.

unfortunately i recall the old QPR pitch supposedly being like trying to play kick about with one of them bouncy balls you could only get out of 20p machines at swimming baths

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 16:03 - Feb 16 with 3267 viewsStAnnesDale

The new artificial pitches will be better than QPR, Preston, Luton, Oldham which were awful and rightly banned Those sides usually had good home records (no-one else could adjust to them) and poor away ones (they stuggled to adjust to a proper pitch).

Still don't think they will be as good as grass. A Russian team have a modern artificial one and most European away sides have complained about it not being quite right. Don't Widnes have one for RL and that got a lot of criticism the other week.
How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 16:04 - Feb 16 with 3266 viewsSpeedy

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 15:19 - Feb 16 by TomRAFC

if there are pitches avaliable that dont cause the ball to behave differently than it would on grass than i say bring them in.

unfortunately i recall the old QPR pitch supposedly being like trying to play kick about with one of them bouncy balls you could only get out of 20p machines at swimming baths

But they were just big plastic mats. Modern artificial pitches aren't anything like the old ones.
How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 16:10 - Feb 16 with 3253 viewsSpeedy

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 16:03 - Feb 16 by StAnnesDale

The new artificial pitches will be better than QPR, Preston, Luton, Oldham which were awful and rightly banned Those sides usually had good home records (no-one else could adjust to them) and poor away ones (they stuggled to adjust to a proper pitch).

Still don't think they will be as good as grass. A Russian team have a modern artificial one and most European away sides have complained about it not being quite right. Don't Widnes have one for RL and that got a lot of criticism the other week.

As ours is normally wrecked for the last 3rd of the season due to hornets trampling all over it, at least it would be consistent all season.

I just don't want to see a situation where we spend a small fortune on a big mats and hot air blowers or suchlike, when it would be more cost effective to change to a low maintenance, durable surface which doesn't get messed up by fat men chasing an egg.
How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 17:25 - Feb 16 with 3173 viewselectricblue

My daughter ruptured her ACL on a 3g pitch and it put an end to her footballing days, that was 3yrs ago..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 18:03 - Feb 16 with 3130 viewsColDale

an artificial pitch would make a massive amount of common sense for a club like our's. It would open up so much community potential within the club and could see the ground used four or five days a week, as well as providing a permanent training base as well. And there's no problem with the likes of Hornets playing either.
How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 18:27 - Feb 16 with 3099 viewsRotherhamDale

It wouldn't be a 3G pitch though would it? I don't know all the technical differences with pitches but isn't 3G all artificial? Honestly don't know the answer.

I play on artificial turf a few times a week and it's horrible on your feet. It hardens all the skin, and if you slide on it then you're guaranteed a cut or a graze.

Surely a football club would use the type where the artificial material is mixed together with grass (As Arsenal use), to ensure longevity alongside reducing the risk of injuries.

Possession with progression.

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 18:48 - Feb 16 with 3081 viewsG_Dale

3G are the pitches with the rubber pellets, like the turd soccer village pitches right?

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Login to get fewer ads

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 18:56 - Feb 16 with 3062 viewsRotherhamDale

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 18:48 - Feb 16 by G_Dale

3G are the pitches with the rubber pellets, like the turd soccer village pitches right?

They'd be alright them if they were looked after properly!

Possession with progression.

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 19:16 - Feb 16 with 3031 viewsblackpoolcol

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 18:56 - Feb 16 by RotherhamDale

Try the 4G pitches, much better

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2011/7/13/2273125/looking-into-what-a-4g-pi

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 19:19 - Feb 16 with 3022 views442Dale

Good article on the pitch at Widnes.

http://www.runcornandwidnesworld.co.uk/vikings/vikingsnews/9190263.Widnes_Viking

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 19:38 - Feb 16 with 3000 viewsG_Dale

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 18:56 - Feb 16 by RotherhamDale

True dat. The soccer village pitches are ankle breakers waiting to happen

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 07:10 - Feb 17 with 2862 viewselectricblue

€280000 thats about £250000 in english money..
I think that its a way forward, but how long will it last?
God i remember the astro turf days and still got the scars..
Bury college use 3g and that indoor place up at shadsworth, blackburn use shadsworth to train the kids..

I would still think that even with a 3g pitch you would still need to cover it in the event of snow..

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 08:00 - Feb 17 with 2850 viewsmr_fri_night

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 19:38 - Feb 16 by G_Dale

True dat. The soccer village pitches are ankle breakers waiting to happen

Since the old regime left the soccer the village, plans have been put in place to replace all the pitches up there. The large indoor pitch has had some large patching work done but will be completely replaced later this year.

Have you played on the large outdoor pitch up there? Excellent surface and large enough for 9 a-side.
How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 14:44 - Feb 17 with 2670 viewsupdaledownhill

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 17:25 - Feb 16 by electricblue

My daughter ruptured her ACL on a 3g pitch and it put an end to her footballing days, that was 3yrs ago..

The Plastic pitches now are superior to the QPR days.However they are still lethal in many respects as in your daughters case.American Football is a prime example,where ligament and knee damage are common place.Unfortunately commercial considerations pusuade many they are the way forward,but at what price.
How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 15:02 - Feb 17 with 2652 viewselectricblue

How close are we to buying pitch covers? on 14:44 - Feb 17 by updaledownhill

The Plastic pitches now are superior to the QPR days.However they are still lethal in many respects as in your daughters case.American Football is a prime example,where ligament and knee damage are common place.Unfortunately commercial considerations pusuade many they are the way forward,but at what price.

I still have my reservations about it being laid properly..
My daughter said it moved slightly whilst on the 3g surely its not supposed to do that...
At the time i was looking into sueing them as i still think it was neglect on Bury college behalf..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024