Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please help me understand this! 06:48 - Apr 10 with 3897 viewssoulboy

As i've only been watching The Dale since 1966, i wonder if someone, preferably a supporter of our chairman, can explain this. The chairman appoints a new manager who turns out to be a disaster. Almost half way through the season he is fired and an interim one is appointed who turns out to be even worse. Another manager is appointed who up to now has 14 points from 14 games, relegation form. In the summer players who have proved they aren't good enough will be shown the door. The chairman publicliy states he has got two major descisions wrong and the entire mess is his all fault. Despite this he hasn't offered to resign. Can someone explain how the chairman is still in his job?
Please help me understand this! on 09:41 - Apr 11 with 584 viewsSuddenLad

Please help me understand this! on 09:27 - Apr 11 by SFD

I fairness most managers would resign after that performance and team selection last night

Problem is, when you are stuck with someone else's squad, you can only be as good as THEIR players allow you to be.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Please help me understand this! on 09:48 - Apr 11 with 578 viewsSFD

Please help me understand this! on 09:41 - Apr 11 by SuddenLad

Problem is, when you are stuck with someone else's squad, you can only be as good as THEIR players allow you to be.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

I agree to some extent but last night we played two right backs at centre half and a centre half at right back, I think Edwards and Holness are far better than Holden and Byrne and Matty Edwards surely cant be any worse tha Lucas.
Coleman so far has continued with selection and formations very similar to Errr yet seems immune to criticism, of course he has to be given a full pre season etc to build his own squad but early signs suggest he is tactically inept and his man management is Beechesque.
Please help me understand this! on 09:53 - Apr 11 with 571 viewsjudd

Please help me understand this! on 09:48 - Apr 11 by SFD

I agree to some extent but last night we played two right backs at centre half and a centre half at right back, I think Edwards and Holness are far better than Holden and Byrne and Matty Edwards surely cant be any worse tha Lucas.
Coleman so far has continued with selection and formations very similar to Errr yet seems immune to criticism, of course he has to be given a full pre season etc to build his own squad but early signs suggest he is tactically inept and his man management is Beechesque.

Yeah, but if we'd played first goal the winner none of that would of mattered, tbf etc.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Please help me understand this! on 09:56 - Apr 11 with 569 viewsSuddenLad

Nobody is suggesting (as far as I know) that John Coleman is immune to criticism, but he certainly can't be blamed for which players currently form the squad he has to deal with.

Whatever task John Coleman THOUGHT he had when he arrived at Spotland, I'm willing to bet that he soon realised it was bigger than he thought, for lots of reasons.

As soon as he gets the opportunity, he should dismantle this bunch of misfits, and start again. At this moment, I couldn't care less who goes where, just so long as we are a fighting, cohesive and committed unit come August.

I don't care who we sign, from where, provided that those players are committed 100% to this club, to the task ahead, and are determined to better the fortunes of this club and themselves. If they all speak with a scouse accent so be it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Please help me understand this! on 09:57 - Apr 11 with 569 viewsSFD

Please help me understand this! on 09:53 - Apr 11 by judd

Yeah, but if we'd played first goal the winner none of that would of mattered, tbf etc.

We would still be bottom of the league with them rules I feel
Please help me understand this! on 10:01 - Apr 11 with 562 viewsSalwaDale

I see where you're coming from but I wonder whether JC is just struggling with a squad that is not with him. So decision not made one way or the other yet, although I suspeect we'll see things very different next season.

TBBT

Please help me understand this! on 10:02 - Apr 11 with 557 viewsnordenblue

A lad in the man stand had would you could say was a slanging match with the dale assistant during the game about how shit we were etc and team selection was shocking, the answer was we have no other players to work with so make of that what you will. Either injured or don't want to be playing lads who are set on a move away from us would be my assumption
Please help me understand this! on 10:04 - Apr 11 with 550 viewsSFD

Please help me understand this! on 10:01 - Apr 11 by SalwaDale

I see where you're coming from but I wonder whether JC is just struggling with a squad that is not with him. So decision not made one way or the other yet, although I suspeect we'll see things very different next season.

I agree that we have to wait and see what happens in the summer and next season but so far he has done nothing to suggest he is more capable than the last two incumbents.
Login to get fewer ads

Please help me understand this! on 10:09 - Apr 11 with 541 viewsColDale

Please help me understand this! on 10:02 - Apr 11 by nordenblue

A lad in the man stand had would you could say was a slanging match with the dale assistant during the game about how shit we were etc and team selection was shocking, the answer was we have no other players to work with so make of that what you will. Either injured or don't want to be playing lads who are set on a move away from us would be my assumption

Based on that and the team selection from last night, we have at least five players who are contracted for next season that are out of the reckoning: Grimes, Jordan, Twaddle, Holness, and Adams. Aside from them, we have Jones, Byrne and Kennedy contracted from last night's starting eleven.

Having five players contracted that he seemingly doesn't rate suggests that he's got a lot of work to do this Summer.
Please help me understand this! on 10:10 - Apr 11 with 537 viewsSalwaDale

Please help me understand this! on 10:04 - Apr 11 by SFD

I agree that we have to wait and see what happens in the summer and next season but so far he has done nothing to suggest he is more capable than the last two incumbents.

His career prior to Rochdale suggests that. His career at Dale has shown that he's not particularly great with the current set of muppets. We haven't seen how he recruits yet though.

TBBT

Please help me understand this! on 10:13 - Apr 11 with 532 viewselectricblue

Please help me understand this! on 10:09 - Apr 11 by ColDale

Based on that and the team selection from last night, we have at least five players who are contracted for next season that are out of the reckoning: Grimes, Jordan, Twaddle, Holness, and Adams. Aside from them, we have Jones, Byrne and Kennedy contracted from last night's starting eleven.

Having five players contracted that he seemingly doesn't rate suggests that he's got a lot of work to do this Summer.

So is he the man to sort this less then.
Only time will tell.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Please help me understand this! on 10:15 - Apr 11 with 530 viewsSFD

JC will have to start his rebuilding very early this summer he realistically will be having to recruit in the region of 12 to 14 players if Cols theory is true.
Symes McConville and possibly Edwards will be first on the list I reckon.
Please help me understand this! on 10:45 - Apr 11 with 513 viewsColDale

Tutte is contracted too. My bad as the youngsters say.
Please help me understand this! on 10:51 - Apr 11 with 506 viewsSFD

Please help me understand this! on 10:45 - Apr 11 by ColDale

Tutte is contracted too. My bad as the youngsters say.

JC was singing his praises last night think Tutte will be the cornerstone of our team next season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024