Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. 18:48 - May 30 with 6880 viewsSyke_Dale

Shrewd appointment or huge gamble by FSG...

(or somewhere inbetween...)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 15:01 - May 31 with 1364 viewsolympicdale

Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 14:08 - May 31 by ChaffRAFC

I like what Brendan Rodgers has done at Swansea. They've played some quite brilliant football this past season and were a credit to the Premier League. I also don't blame him for leaving Swansea. At the moment he'll be regarded as one of the best up and coming managers in the country but all too often, we see teams like Swansea have a poor second season for one reason or another and if that were to happen, this sort of opportunity may not come around for a long time.

That said, I also agree with people saying he's on a hiding to nothing. The vast majority of Liverpool fans still live in the 1980's and think they're one of the biggest clubs in Europe. They're not. They've not won a domestic league title in 23 years. Even Blackburn Rovers have won it in that time. They still think, like Newcastle, that their fans are most passionate in the land and always know best when it comes to managers. Newcastle fans made a big song and dance about Keegan coming back, Liverpool did exactly the same with Dalglish. Both, in the end, did absolutely nothing. Some Liverpool fans were on Sky Sports News yesterday saying that Rodgers wasn't a big enough name for them. This sums them up brilliantly. Alan Pardew isn't a big "name" but has worked wonders at Newcastle where other "big names" have failed. Chelsea have suffered the same fate and it's taken an average former player to win them the Champions League for the first time where Scolari, Villas Boas, Hiddink et al failed.

The sooner Liverpool fans realise that their glories lay well and truly in the past, the better for their football club. I hope for Brendan Rodgers' sake that he knows what to expect when they've not got 21 points from their first 7 games.

Im not saying Liverpool have a god given right to be considered a major club on the basis of what theyve won, I just find it amazing that someone who was successful so regularly suddenly stopped being so, and for no specific reason, however it couldnt happen to a nicer club, and frankly, any club who pays £30m for Andy Carroll deserves all they get.

Brenden Rodgers could however be lucky to make it through next season, if they're not in the top 4 by November there will be mumblings, and his footballing values, the way he goes about it with his team will be questioned, and once the americans start getting involved I wouldn't be surprised to see him walk. He is capable of managing a top team but I think Liverpool is the wrong club at this time for him, but credit to him for trying, rather than mr no ambition Martinez.

Life is a game of fate.

Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 15:02 - May 31 with 1364 viewsjudd

Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 14:08 - May 31 by ChaffRAFC

I like what Brendan Rodgers has done at Swansea. They've played some quite brilliant football this past season and were a credit to the Premier League. I also don't blame him for leaving Swansea. At the moment he'll be regarded as one of the best up and coming managers in the country but all too often, we see teams like Swansea have a poor second season for one reason or another and if that were to happen, this sort of opportunity may not come around for a long time.

That said, I also agree with people saying he's on a hiding to nothing. The vast majority of Liverpool fans still live in the 1980's and think they're one of the biggest clubs in Europe. They're not. They've not won a domestic league title in 23 years. Even Blackburn Rovers have won it in that time. They still think, like Newcastle, that their fans are most passionate in the land and always know best when it comes to managers. Newcastle fans made a big song and dance about Keegan coming back, Liverpool did exactly the same with Dalglish. Both, in the end, did absolutely nothing. Some Liverpool fans were on Sky Sports News yesterday saying that Rodgers wasn't a big enough name for them. This sums them up brilliantly. Alan Pardew isn't a big "name" but has worked wonders at Newcastle where other "big names" have failed. Chelsea have suffered the same fate and it's taken an average former player to win them the Champions League for the first time where Scolari, Villas Boas, Hiddink et al failed.

The sooner Liverpool fans realise that their glories lay well and truly in the past, the better for their football club. I hope for Brendan Rodgers' sake that he knows what to expect when they've not got 21 points from their first 7 games.

Fookin' 'ell Chaff, it's "their".

Anyway, who do you want at Manu when bacon face fooks off?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 15:39 - May 31 with 1351 viewsnordenblue

Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 15:01 - May 31 by olympicdale

Im not saying Liverpool have a god given right to be considered a major club on the basis of what theyve won, I just find it amazing that someone who was successful so regularly suddenly stopped being so, and for no specific reason, however it couldnt happen to a nicer club, and frankly, any club who pays £30m for Andy Carroll deserves all they get.

Brenden Rodgers could however be lucky to make it through next season, if they're not in the top 4 by November there will be mumblings, and his footballing values, the way he goes about it with his team will be questioned, and once the americans start getting involved I wouldn't be surprised to see him walk. He is capable of managing a top team but I think Liverpool is the wrong club at this time for him, but credit to him for trying, rather than mr no ambition Martinez.

Mr no ambition Martinez as you refer to him, wouldn't go due to the rubbish about having to work below a "director of football" by all accounts at anfield. Not a direct pop at you but no manager worth his salt will ever manage his way while in real terms will only be operating as someones personal puppet. Hope it works out for him as others have said he worked wonders at swansea and personally quite like the fella, i just sense stormy waters ahead sadly!!
Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 15:58 - May 31 with 1342 views442Dale

Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 15:39 - May 31 by nordenblue

Mr no ambition Martinez as you refer to him, wouldn't go due to the rubbish about having to work below a "director of football" by all accounts at anfield. Not a direct pop at you but no manager worth his salt will ever manage his way while in real terms will only be operating as someones personal puppet. Hope it works out for him as others have said he worked wonders at swansea and personally quite like the fella, i just sense stormy waters ahead sadly!!

Sky were reporting Liverpool are no longer looking at having a director of football at Rodgers' request.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 16:29 - May 31 with 1331 viewsDySporting

Whisper is poyet interesting the swans as he will try to keep the passing game
Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 17:53 - May 31 with 1308 viewsolympicdale

Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 16:29 - May 31 by DySporting

Whisper is poyet interesting the swans as he will try to keep the passing game

Will buckley to Swansea?

Life is a game of fate.

Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 18:11 - May 31 with 1298 viewsSuddenLad

Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 15:58 - May 31 by 442Dale

Sky were reporting Liverpool are no longer looking at having a director of football at Rodgers' request.

Which is why Martinez was rumoured to have turned down the chance to be Liverpool manager. He refused to have anyone else influencing team affairs.

Brendan Rodgers has presumably been more 'persuasive'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 19:21 - May 31 with 1280 viewsChaffRAFC

Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool's new manager. on 15:02 - May 31 by judd

Fookin' 'ell Chaff, it's "their".

Anyway, who do you want at Manu when bacon face fooks off?

Jesus, thanks for that. I hate things spelt wrong so I'm quite annoyed at myself!

As for the United post, my top three choices:

1. Jose Mourinho
2. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
3. David Moyes

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024