Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson 15:31 - Jul 19 with 4941 viewsreal_loftus

Absolutely outrageous that the Met copper got off the manslaughter charge. I mean, its not as if he was caught bang to rights on camera....no, wait...

The copper had a horrendous disciplinary record, and will no doubt retire on compassionate grounds on full pension.

This country.......

ATAF.

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 21:03 - Jul 19 with 1017 viewsFDC

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 21:01 - Jul 19 by TGRRRSSS

Taxiboy

If Tomlinson was in the place of Harwood he'd be in a cell now, this idea of what is and isn't admissable evidence is a joke within itself as evidenced by health of Tomlinson veruses previous by a Police Constable.

All that being said and whilst i think Harwood guilty as hell how many were on here at the time of riots last summer saying OB should be allowed to get stuck into the scum, you can't have it both ways.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

"how many were on here at the time of riots last summer saying OB should be allowed to get stuck into the scum"

Indeed
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 21:04 - Jul 19 with 1015 viewsBrightonhoop

And the last known guilty verdict on a Police Officer for Manslaughter was 1986. Over 1400 dead in Police Custody 300 of thos between 1999 and 2010. Speaks for itself. And self defence against anyone, including a police ifficer, is justified so long as it is with reasonable force.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 22:16 - Jul 19 with 991 viewssmegma

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 21:03 - Jul 19 by FDC

"how many were on here at the time of riots last summer saying OB should be allowed to get stuck into the scum"

Indeed

Tomlinson wasn't rioting. Or looting. Or attacking Police. Or a danger to anyone.
He was minding his own business. A householder was killed by a rioter in Ealing Broadway during said riots, he was subsequently found guilty. The incidents are very similar with different results.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 22:24 - Jul 19 with 977 viewsQPR1882

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 22:16 - Jul 19 by smegma

Tomlinson wasn't rioting. Or looting. Or attacking Police. Or a danger to anyone.
He was minding his own business. A householder was killed by a rioter in Ealing Broadway during said riots, he was subsequently found guilty. The incidents are very similar with different results.

The incidents are very similar with different results.

not similar at all............

innocent

guilty

old bill are ALWAYS in the right,even when they are guilty as fck.........
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 22:26 - Jul 19 with 973 viewsNorthernr

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 21:01 - Jul 19 by TGRRRSSS

Taxiboy

If Tomlinson was in the place of Harwood he'd be in a cell now, this idea of what is and isn't admissable evidence is a joke within itself as evidenced by health of Tomlinson veruses previous by a Police Constable.

All that being said and whilst i think Harwood guilty as hell how many were on here at the time of riots last summer saying OB should be allowed to get stuck into the scum, you can't have it both ways.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I said they should get stuck into the scum. Couldn't care less if all those rioting and looting had ended up dead.

People calmly shuffling away from them minding their own business on the other hand should probably have been left alone.

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 22:35 - Jul 19 with 959 viewsQPR1882

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 22:26 - Jul 19 by Northernr

I said they should get stuck into the scum. Couldn't care less if all those rioting and looting had ended up dead.

People calmly shuffling away from them minding their own business on the other hand should probably have been left alone.

define scum ?

Half the scum ( your words ) were acting no worst then an average football crowd. The police use a lot of these occasions as an excuse to get the batons and tear gas out and then moan when they are caught doing it.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 22:41 - Jul 19 with 952 viewsNorthernr

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 22:35 - Jul 19 by QPR1882

define scum ?

Half the scum ( your words ) were acting no worst then an average football crowd. The police use a lot of these occasions as an excuse to get the batons and tear gas out and then moan when they are caught doing it.

If you're looting Footlocker for some free trainers, or setting fire to your local news agent or furniture shop, or Comet for a free television then you're scum and fair game. I've been going to football for 20 years and I've never seen anybody looting a Comet.

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 22:53 - Jul 19 with 932 viewsQPR1882

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 22:41 - Jul 19 by Northernr

If you're looting Footlocker for some free trainers, or setting fire to your local news agent or furniture shop, or Comet for a free television then you're scum and fair game. I've been going to football for 20 years and I've never seen anybody looting a Comet.

I never saw the ICF or headhunters kick the fck out of someone on a demonstration !! there is a big difference the way the police should police riots,and demonstrations and football crowds.

Goggle the student demos ( not the riots ) and see how the students where treated by the ob,lets see how 99% of football fans would react if they where treated the same.
Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 22:54 - Jul 19 with 928 viewsJamie

Not to mention the Cnts who trekked to an out of town business park to set fire to a music distribution centre ultimately putting small labels out of business.

Even at their most debauched, I don't recall any football fans setting fire to the Ricoh or St Marys, no matter how much they wanted to.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 23:15 - Jul 19 with 914 viewsmiddlesexhoop

Agree or not, there were only 12 people able to make a decision having heard all available evidence and they found him not guilty. That is the system we have and whilst it is not perfect it is the same for everyone and is a damn sight fairer than any other country in the world. I agree it seems a strange decision but no one here as heard all the facts like the jury did.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 04:48 - Jul 20 with 876 viewsPacal_Votan

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 23:15 - Jul 19 by middlesexhoop

Agree or not, there were only 12 people able to make a decision having heard all available evidence and they found him not guilty. That is the system we have and whilst it is not perfect it is the same for everyone and is a damn sight fairer than any other country in the world. I agree it seems a strange decision but no one here as heard all the facts like the jury did.

"It's the same for everyone"

OH YES........course it is.

"Try the whine!!!"

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 05:45 - Jul 20 with 866 viewsisawqpratwcity

I don't want to comment on the verdict or the lack of disclosure of the copper's history because I don't know enough about the trial, although the term 'suss' wouldn't seem to get close to covering it.

What appals me is that his first post-mortem found that he died of "natural causes" (in a 47 year old) when a second found he died of "abdomenal bleeding due to blow" [quotes from BBC website]. What sort of bullsh*t autopsy was that first one?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 05:53 - Jul 20 with 865 viewsjohnhoop

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 23:15 - Jul 19 by middlesexhoop

But perhaps we have to start considering whether the jury system does give the correct verdict on enough occasions any more? Or are juries too frequently mislead and bamboozled by very clever barristers who see our "adversarial" legal system as nothing more than a game in which they are out to beat each other and in which the guilt or innocence of their client s is of little or no consequence.
I don't regard all police as thugs the way that some on here obviously do but the Tomlinson verdict does seem like a real miscarriage of justice.And it seems to be happening over and over again,How the f--k can those bastards who deliberately ran down those three Asian kids in Birmingham last year have got away with it?
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 06:00 - Jul 20 with 860 viewsLOTR

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 05:45 - Jul 20 by isawqpratwcity

I don't want to comment on the verdict or the lack of disclosure of the copper's history because I don't know enough about the trial, although the term 'suss' wouldn't seem to get close to covering it.

What appals me is that his first post-mortem found that he died of "natural causes" (in a 47 year old) when a second found he died of "abdomenal bleeding due to blow" [quotes from BBC website]. What sort of bullsh*t autopsy was that first one?

For me this comes down to a simple fact, was the rule of law upheld in this case? The answer is an overwhelming NO. Lets just look at the actual facts of this case, Mr Tomlinson was walking AWAY from police lines. Mr Tomlinson was not endangering the lives of any members of the police force on duty that day nor was he endangering the lives of any one else present at the demonstration. Mr Tomlinson's only "crime" was that he didn't walk quick enough when told to by the police. How dare he. That cu*t of a police man, who many on here have noted had a long history of using gratuitous violence against members of the public as well as those in police custody was clearly out to "teach someone a lesson". He had be wound up by the fact that someone had graffed up the side of a police van and then when he had attempted to arrest him, he had managed to get away.

Check his initial police statement, claiming he had acted in self defence that Mr Tomlinson had threatened him, this man, like many in the Met is a born liar. He should have been found guilty and should be rotting in a isolation wing surrounded by rapists and nonces.

Anyone who has any sympathy for the copper is deluded at best a cu*t at worst.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 06:21 - Jul 20 with 848 viewsisawqpratwcity

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 06:00 - Jul 20 by LOTR

For me this comes down to a simple fact, was the rule of law upheld in this case? The answer is an overwhelming NO. Lets just look at the actual facts of this case, Mr Tomlinson was walking AWAY from police lines. Mr Tomlinson was not endangering the lives of any members of the police force on duty that day nor was he endangering the lives of any one else present at the demonstration. Mr Tomlinson's only "crime" was that he didn't walk quick enough when told to by the police. How dare he. That cu*t of a police man, who many on here have noted had a long history of using gratuitous violence against members of the public as well as those in police custody was clearly out to "teach someone a lesson". He had be wound up by the fact that someone had graffed up the side of a police van and then when he had attempted to arrest him, he had managed to get away.

Check his initial police statement, claiming he had acted in self defence that Mr Tomlinson had threatened him, this man, like many in the Met is a born liar. He should have been found guilty and should be rotting in a isolation wing surrounded by rapists and nonces.

Anyone who has any sympathy for the copper is deluded at best a cu*t at worst.

Because you have posted as a reply to my post I hope you are not ascribing to me any sympathy for the the accused. That is a gross mis-reading of my post. Note that I described the trial as appearing more than 'suss', ie suspicious.

Let me repeat, that I am stunned at the simple lack of due process in having a competent post-mortem.

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 06:24 - Jul 20 with 842 viewsLOTR

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 06:21 - Jul 20 by isawqpratwcity

Because you have posted as a reply to my post I hope you are not ascribing to me any sympathy for the the accused. That is a gross mis-reading of my post. Note that I described the trial as appearing more than 'suss', ie suspicious.

Let me repeat, that I am stunned at the simple lack of due process in having a competent post-mortem.

Not at all mate!

You were the last reply so just hit add reply, sorry for any misunderstanding.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 06:56 - Jul 20 with 830 viewsisawqpratwcity

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 06:24 - Jul 20 by LOTR

Not at all mate!

You were the last reply so just hit add reply, sorry for any misunderstanding.

Not a problem! Have often been described as "deluded at best a cu*t at worst".

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 07:57 - Jul 20 with 820 viewswombat

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 06:56 - Jul 20 by isawqpratwcity

Not a problem! Have often been described as "deluded at best a cu*t at worst".

a lot of us on here have been fans for many years and i bet many can remember the bad old days of going away from home , weve all met coppers with the same brain dead mentality as tomlinson , ones looking for a fight , with little justifacation. mate of mine got his head caved in by a copper at wreham station 1981 just for standing in the wrong place while we waited for the train home . his head was split open by the coppers long wooden baton , the copper kept his job i belive.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 08:07 - Jul 20 with 814 viewshoopstilidie

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 05:53 - Jul 20 by johnhoop

But perhaps we have to start considering whether the jury system does give the correct verdict on enough occasions any more? Or are juries too frequently mislead and bamboozled by very clever barristers who see our "adversarial" legal system as nothing more than a game in which they are out to beat each other and in which the guilt or innocence of their client s is of little or no consequence.
I don't regard all police as thugs the way that some on here obviously do but the Tomlinson verdict does seem like a real miscarriage of justice.And it seems to be happening over and over again,How the f--k can those bastards who deliberately ran down those three Asian kids in Birmingham last year have got away with it?

Couldn't agree more with you.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 08:15 - Jul 20 with 809 viewssmegma

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 22:35 - Jul 19 by QPR1882

define scum ?

Average football crowd ? Are you on drugs ? Or a Daily Express/Mail reader?

Probably all three.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 09:41 - Jul 20 with 781 viewsNorthernr

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 05:45 - Jul 20 by isawqpratwcity

Funny you should ask that question.
The first "bullsht autopsy" was carried out by Dr Patel who concluded that Tomlinson had died of natural causes - heart attack caused by artery hardening.
Dr Patel, prior to the trial, was struck off the register of Home Office approved pathologists because the GMC found him guilty of giving false, unreliable autopsy evidence in previous trials. The jury wasn't allowed to know this either.
Dr Patel did take a sample of Ian Tomlinson's stomach fluid to check for internal bleeding but having concluded there was none he flushed three litres of the fluid down the sink in the morgue and then, later, lost the sample he had recorded as well for good measure so that no other pathologist could examine it and reach a different opinion.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 11:13 - Jul 20 with 756 viewsisawqpratwcity

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 09:41 - Jul 20 by Northernr

Funny you should ask that question.
The first "bullsht autopsy" was carried out by Dr Patel who concluded that Tomlinson had died of natural causes - heart attack caused by artery hardening.
Dr Patel, prior to the trial, was struck off the register of Home Office approved pathologists because the GMC found him guilty of giving false, unreliable autopsy evidence in previous trials. The jury wasn't allowed to know this either.
Dr Patel did take a sample of Ian Tomlinson's stomach fluid to check for internal bleeding but having concluded there was none he flushed three litres of the fluid down the sink in the morgue and then, later, lost the sample he had recorded as well for good measure so that no other pathologist could examine it and reach a different opinion.

That sounds like the stomach contents were immediately damning (and possibly illegally disposed of) but even if they weren't, a second autopsy came to a dramatically different conclusion, even without that sample, so it was, at best, incompetent.

The worse of it is that you'd have to think that we'd know nothing of this if the assault wasn't videoed.

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 12:29 - Jul 20 with 736 viewsQPunkR

Too right, we'd all be none the wiser if that fella hadn't managed to record the incident, and bloody good on him for doing so.
I was absolutely gobsmacked when I heard this c*nt copper had got away with it yesterday, especially in view of the evidence. Absolutely disgusted.

This f*cker actually KILLED A MAN and has got away scot-free. If any of us were even to just push someone in view of a policeman we'd get worse than this c*nt.

My missus knows Tomlinson's kids (she's from round that way) and suffice to say that the main son always interviewed is a boxer, and apparently a pretty good one at that...

QPR - "shit but local"

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 13:13 - Jul 20 with 722 viewshoopstilidie

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 13:50 - Jul 20 with 706 viewsFDC

"I said they should get stuck into the scum. Couldn't care less if all those rioting and looting had ended up dead. "

and

"If you're looting Footlocker for some free trainers, or setting fire to your local news agent or furniture shop, or Comet for a free television then you're scum and fair game."

Wow, some terrifying and depressing shit written on this thread.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024