Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? 12:34 - Jul 31 with 2201 viewskysersosaqpr

Before everyone goes hahahaha - a few points:
1. We have too many hangers on pumping up weekly wage bill; and most of them are forwards from our championship era. Like Neil Warnock, I will always be grateful for their fighting spirit that got us into the premiership - but time to go!
2. I'm sick of "moneybags" prefix when we have spent little in actual transfers - lets get a marquee signing in - Andy Carroll.
3. He bullied that w::k:: Terry in the cup final and would be far better than anyone we now have.
4. If we really want top 4 let's go for it now - when the new euro rules come in we won't be able to.

And like a whirl of smoke, Kayseri Sosa was gone!!!!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:38 - Jul 31 with 1536 viewsNorthernr

2. I'm sick of "moneybags" prefix when we have spent little in actual transfers - lets get a marquee signing in - Andy Carroll.

We have spent/are spending an absolute fcking fortune.

4. If we really want top 4 let's go for it now - when the new euro rules come in we won't be able to.

My word.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:41 - Jul 31 with 1510 viewskysersosaqpr

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:38 - Jul 31 by Northernr

We have spent/are spending an absolute fcking fortune.

My word.

What money? All frees and a couple of £2-4m signings

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:41 - Jul 31 with 1508 viewswestberksr

"Top 4"

would put this down to the school holidays being upon us, but the film reference is a bit above the average tweeting teenager. I'm confused now.
Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:44 - Jul 31 with 1485 viewswestberksr

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:41 - Jul 31 by kysersosaqpr

What money? All frees and a couple of £2-4m signings

yep you're right.

and they are playing for magic beans and the promise of the trees that will grow from said beans and provide a crop of freshly made £50 notes to be harvested daily.

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:45 - Jul 31 with 1478 viewsblacky200

Trying to build a squad that is capable of a top 4 finish in 1-2 transfer windows is totally unrealistic IMO. The way we are doing it now is the way to go. Yes we have bought a lot of players since MH arrived but I can see the amount of players arriving will slow down after this window. We have a decent squad now and if we can add another defender or 2 before this window closes that will be great business. After that we can start with the "big" signings that will take us to the next level.

Look at the amount of money Chelscum and Man City spent and the amount of players they had before they achieved success.
Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:46 - Jul 31 with 1471 viewskysersosaqpr

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:41 - Jul 31 by westberksr

"Top 4"

would put this down to the school holidays being upon us, but the film reference is a bit above the average tweeting teenager. I'm confused now.

You really need to spread the legs of your mind and open up to some wider and deeper thoughts

Like Stalin we need a five year plan that is efficient and ruthless.

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:47 - Jul 31 with 1459 viewsBrianMcCarthy

File under bizarre, please Mildred.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:47 - Jul 31 with 1459 viewsjonno

Andy Caroll - marquee signing? Are we starting a business providing donkey rides on the beach?
Login to get fewer ads

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:49 - Jul 31 with 1451 viewsTacticalR

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:41 - Jul 31 by westberksr

"Top 4"

Can't be "the average tweeting teenager" as, to make the Olympics safe, they have all been arrested, locked-down, or taken out by police marksmen.

Air hostess clique

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:51 - Jul 31 with 1434 viewsNorthernr

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:47 - Jul 31 by BrianMcCarthy

File under bizarre, please Mildred.

With the potential to be moved into 'classics'.

I'd quite like to live in a world where the likes of Cisse, Johnson, Zamora and Hoilett play for free and Andy Carroll is a marquee signing.
Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:51 - Jul 31 with 1433 viewskysersosaqpr

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:47 - Jul 31 by jonno

Andy Caroll - marquee signing? Are we starting a business providing donkey rides on the beach?

And with dj and jay running round with red noses and size 16 boots throwing custard pies up front we could give Mark a top hat and whip!!!

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:51 - Jul 31 with 1427 viewsHAYESBOY

Well........ if we really want top 4 why stop at Carroll.
Lets get Messi & Ronaldo in fck it!

Smells like a trout farm in here

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:54 - Jul 31 with 1416 viewsA40Bosh

Nothing to see here - move along please.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:56 - Jul 31 with 1397 viewskingsburyR

Fu(kin hell kysersosaqpr.

You opening post made me laugh out loud then you go and suggest we adopt a plan of success that is moulded on the ideas of Stalin.

Thats alot of info in one sitting.

If we roll some tanks down the fulham road, Andy Carroll hanging out of the top unleashing rockets into the bridge then maybe we can then break into the top 4!

Not sure how we deal with Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd and Spurs.....

I feel a quote from Lincoln coming on...........

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man whom is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is no effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:56 - Jul 31 with 1394 viewsbosh67

As far as I know we've spent less than £4.2m on signings so far, minus Hoilett. Very shrewd business considering it takes on 7 players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:59 - Jul 31 with 1367 viewsNorthernr

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:56 - Jul 31 by bosh67

As far as I know we've spent less than £4.2m on signings so far, minus Hoilett. Very shrewd business considering it takes on 7 players.

Add in the signing on fees and salaries, minus the income from an 18,000 seater stadium, and come back to me.
Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 13:01 - Jul 31 with 1344 viewsJamie

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:59 - Jul 31 by Northernr

Add in the signing on fees and salaries, minus the income from an 18,000 seater stadium, and come back to me.

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 13:02 - Jul 31 with 1339 viewskysersosaqpr

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:56 - Jul 31 by kingsburyR

Fu(kin hell kysersosaqpr.

You opening post made me laugh out loud then you go and suggest we adopt a plan of success that is moulded on the ideas of Stalin.

Thats alot of info in one sitting.

If we roll some tanks down the fulham road, Andy Carroll hanging out of the top unleashing rockets into the bridge then maybe we can then break into the top 4!

Not sure how we deal with Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd and Spurs.....

I feel a quote from Lincoln coming on...........

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man whom is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is no effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

I'd prefer sun tzao... "the art of war is to win without fighting" ... Let's get the b:::t::ds scared - now!

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 13:14 - Jul 31 with 1263 viewsA40Bosh

*ehem*

Cheese non conformist alert!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 13:16 - Jul 31 with 1248 viewssimmo

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 12:56 - Jul 31 by bosh67

Even if the fee is nothing initially. Do you realise a 3 year contract on 50k p/w is still nearly 8 million? Not including signing on or agent fee etc. If you incorporate wages/signing fee's etc for all of the signings we have made since last summer the amount we have spent must be staggering.

I agree the transfer fee's avoided have been good, tribunal fee for Hoilett for example is alot better value than his cost had he have been a Bburn player still but I would say all of Hoilett, Zamora, Cisse, SWP, Barton, Park and possibly Traore, Johnson, Onouha, Nelsen, Ferdinand, Taarabt, Diakite are all on 50k or above. That is alot of outlay in 1 year, ESPECIALLY with 18k gates

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 13:17 - Jul 31 with 1238 viewsHAYESBOY

Park £2m - rising to £5m?

Diakite £3m??

Green - sign on fee £1m??

Other sign on fees for Nelson & AJ - Possibly up to a £1m??

Hoilett - Tribunal possibly £3-4m??

Only guessing but not far off approx £10m??

Then comes the wages....

Smells like a trout farm in here

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 13:19 - Jul 31 with 1218 viewskysersosaqpr

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 13:16 - Jul 31 by simmo

Even if the fee is nothing initially. Do you realise a 3 year contract on 50k p/w is still nearly 8 million? Not including signing on or agent fee etc. If you incorporate wages/signing fee's etc for all of the signings we have made since last summer the amount we have spent must be staggering.

I agree the transfer fee's avoided have been good, tribunal fee for Hoilett for example is alot better value than his cost had he have been a Bburn player still but I would say all of Hoilett, Zamora, Cisse, SWP, Barton, Park and possibly Traore, Johnson, Onouha, Nelsen, Ferdinand, Taarabt, Diakite are all on 50k or above. That is alot of outlay in 1 year, ESPECIALLY with 18k gates

You could get rid of three of those, pay Carroll, and still make a saving - or do you want quantity not quality?

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 13:22 - Jul 31 with 1203 viewsPacal_Votan

Staying in the Prem each year easily covers signing fees and wages.

Plans for a new ground = more revenue......voila!.....piece of piss.

"Try the whine!!!"

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 13:22 - Jul 31 with 1201 viewsQPR_Jim

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 13:19 - Jul 31 by kysersosaqpr

You could get rid of three of those, pay Carroll, and still make a saving - or do you want quantity not quality?

How wrong can one post be.

"You could get rid of three of those" - which ones and who's going to match our wages let alone pay a fee?

"or do you want quantity not quality?" - Carroll is now defined as quality? Perhaps we should ask some Liverpool fans their view on that!
Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 13:24 - Jul 31 with 1184 viewssimmo

Marquee buy - Andy Carroll - the new Sir Les?? on 13:19 - Jul 31 by kysersosaqpr

So you would want to sell 3 players from that list, 7 of which have never played a game and replace them with somebody that would not only cost alot in wages and include ANOTHER set of signing on fees etc as well as a hefty reported 15-20 million transfer fee??

Also which of the 3 would you like to sell? Alot of them would not get matched or better wages elsewhere hence why they came in the first place and even if they did the only ones with any sell on value would be the likes of Hoilett possible Taarabt etc.

In fact why am I trying to incorporate logic when your statement is so incredibly stupid

How old are you?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024