Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad injury at liverpool? 13:48 - Aug 5 with 7428 viewsRobbiebox

According to twitter, the game ended after 55 mins due to a bad injury to a dale player who had to be taken to hospital
Bad injury at liverpool? on 20:41 - Aug 5 with 1288 viewspl56

Bad injury at liverpool? on 17:56 - Aug 5 by olympicdale

Yes it was, what I wanted to say was that i was just at the time when I heard people talking about a broken leg, relieved it wasnt one of our older players, ones who we will have to relay mainly on throughout the season. I've loved watching Reece Gray in pre season, boys got some serious skill, and I really thought he would have had a big season and think was capable of grabbing 7/8 goals this year, as an impact player. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insinuate that him being injured is a blessing in anyway, it was nothing personal towards him, I just hoped that It would have seen a step up in search of a new front man, I realise this was always a priority even before this happened, was just badly worded, sorry if I offended anyone.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Surely both a positive , and a potential downside , of this medium is that people communicate spontaneous thoughts . Never for one minute did I believe you saw any positives in the actual incident and damage caused ; what I assumed you were conveying was that one consequence of the injury might just be that there is finally an urgent focus on the lack of quality forward and midfield resources that many posters have highlighted on various threads . If so , I fully agree with you ; with or without the Reece Gray incident I believe the powers that be at the club have been negligent in not addressing this by such a late stage in the close season , or by failing to communicate their efforts effectively .

The Reece Gray scenario , though sad , is incidental . If our hopes for the coming season rested on a substantially untried , though promising , youngster , who has just half a season's experience , in reality , in Conference North , then I fear for what is likely to transpire as the season unfolds .
Bad injury at liverpool? on 22:09 - Aug 5 with 1210 viewsolympicdale

Bad injury at liverpool? on 20:41 - Aug 5 by pl56

Surely both a positive , and a potential downside , of this medium is that people communicate spontaneous thoughts . Never for one minute did I believe you saw any positives in the actual incident and damage caused ; what I assumed you were conveying was that one consequence of the injury might just be that there is finally an urgent focus on the lack of quality forward and midfield resources that many posters have highlighted on various threads . If so , I fully agree with you ; with or without the Reece Gray incident I believe the powers that be at the club have been negligent in not addressing this by such a late stage in the close season , or by failing to communicate their efforts effectively .

The Reece Gray scenario , though sad , is incidental . If our hopes for the coming season rested on a substantially untried , though promising , youngster , who has just half a season's experience , in reality , in Conference North , then I fear for what is likely to transpire as the season unfolds .

that first paragraph summed up perfectly what I was trying to put across, the "blessing in disguise" was aimed not at Grays injury, but the urgency to get in more personal up top, its shocking whats happened, but i just hope some good comes from it, in that we step up our search for a replacement.

Life is a game of fate.

Bad injury at liverpool? on 23:14 - Aug 5 with 1159 viewsmikehunt

This is effing disastrous news. Gray was a contender for the first team. He would have covered for injuries and IMHO would have soon staked his claim to a regular first team place. He was the only one of our current main crop that I could see us selling on - JC's "Villa in Spain".
The striker search becomes even more critical. What we have won't get 20 goals between them as it stands.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bad injury at liverpool? on 00:00 - Aug 6 with 1127 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Bad injury at liverpool? on 17:56 - Aug 5 by olympicdale

Yes it was, what I wanted to say was that i was just at the time when I heard people talking about a broken leg, relieved it wasnt one of our older players, ones who we will have to relay mainly on throughout the season. I've loved watching Reece Gray in pre season, boys got some serious skill, and I really thought he would have had a big season and think was capable of grabbing 7/8 goals this year, as an impact player. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insinuate that him being injured is a blessing in anyway, it was nothing personal towards him, I just hoped that It would have seen a step up in search of a new front man, I realise this was always a priority even before this happened, was just badly worded, sorry if I offended anyone.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

In fairness Olympic - I understand what you were trying to say and that there was no mallice involved - sure others will understand you point clearly now :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Bad injury at liverpool? on 00:15 - Aug 6 with 1114 viewsolympicdale

Bad injury at liverpool? on 00:00 - Aug 6 by Thacks_Rabbits

In fairness Olympic - I understand what you were trying to say and that there was no mallice involved - sure others will understand you point clearly now :)

I hope so, I dont want people thinking I was in anyway thinking this is good news/wishing ill will towards our players.

Life is a game of fate.

Bad injury at liverpool? on 00:18 - Aug 6 with 1112 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Bad injury at liverpool? on 00:15 - Aug 6 by olympicdale

I hope so, I dont want people thinking I was in anyway thinking this is good news/wishing ill will towards our players.

I doubt that - Things get missunderstood on here - loets just hope Reece makes a quick recovery eh :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Bad injury at liverpool? on 00:34 - Aug 6 with 1100 viewsolympicdale

Bad injury at liverpool? on 00:18 - Aug 6 by Thacks_Rabbits

I doubt that - Things get missunderstood on here - loets just hope Reece makes a quick recovery eh :)

seems in upbeat mood on twitter, im sure he'll come back stronger.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024