Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting slaughtered on talk sport 16:17 - Oct 2 with 3459 viewsloftboy

Apparently we play hoof ball

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 13:20 - Oct 3 with 669 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 18:17 - Oct 2 by SpiritofGregory

Faurlin wants time to pass which West Ham quite rightly refused to give.

We don't do the ugly things well. It's not all about pretty football, it's about hard graft, discipline and knowing how far to push it. West Ham had 8 yellows yet we got the red card. I noticed that when a West Ham player got a yellow that player eased off a bit but someone else picked up the mantle. That's down to being well drilled and having a captain in Nolan who was barking out orders throughout the game.

I don't get it, I remember watching a Blackburn team under Hughes which had technique and the stomach for a fight.

Nolan should have walked for a late tackle when already on a yellow about 5/10 minutes after Diakite red. Can't remember who it was on
Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 13:22 - Oct 3 with 668 viewsessextaxiboy

Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 00:00 - Oct 3 by cobbleR

Posted this by accident on a different thread.....

Why is it that every QPR fan that rings talksport, that I've heard in the last few days, is saying sack Hughes and he doesn't know what he is doing? I know these radio shows shouldn't be taken too seriously but surely that's not the general feeling among the supporters? Is it?

I really hope not!!!!

They are not Rangers fans ATAF
Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 13:27 - Oct 3 with 664 viewswestolian

Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 17:29 - Oct 2 by bosh67

All to the well and good but there's only one statistic that actually counts.

QPR 1 Goals West Ham 2

As I said on another thread, the solution is simple. We need to start scoring more goals than the other team.

Or concede less perhaps ?

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 13:36 - Oct 3 with 649 viewsA40Bosh

Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 13:22 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

They are not Rangers fans ATAF

Yeah they are.

Well they are to the extent that they sound exactly like some of the "supporters" that I stand near and can hear elsewhere throughout sections at the back of SAR.

The same people who will call Faurlin or Grenero (who has only been here 2mins) "a useless c**t" any time they make the slightest mistake.

The same people who start singing along to "You're getting sacked in the morning" and the same people who shout down and ridicule any positive fans who try and tell the boo boys to back the team instead of ripping in to them every time a mistake is made.

The same people who love the sound of their own voices up the back of SAR when shouting down supposedly at MH, when the reality is they are just trying to show everyone in the stand how funny they are being negative.
"oi 'uuuuuughes, you're out of your depf, you're f88kin' clueless 'uuuughes"

The same people who are not happy unless they have got something to mouth off about.

They must be deliriously happy at the moment.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 14:01 - Oct 3 with 635 viewsNathanNI

Reading over this thread.

It does strike me that we have played better against better teams, teams that play a passing game and are more technically proficient. It seems to be teams of 'lesser quality'' that we struggle against.

Problem being they have better technical players than us.

Results end of last season show this too, wining games we shouldn't, losing ones we should.

Am aware this is all probably obvious.

Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 14:05 - Oct 3 with 628 viewsTacticalR

Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 14:01 - Oct 3 by NathanNI

It does strike me that we have played better against better teams, teams that play a passing game and are more technically proficient. It seems to be teams of 'lesser quality'' that we struggle against.

Results end of last season show this too, wining games we shouldn't, losing ones we should.

At the moment we are playing better against the better teams and losing, and worse against the worse teams and losing.

Air hostess clique

Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 14:17 - Oct 3 with 612 viewsA40Bosh

Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 14:01 - Oct 3 by NathanNI

I dont think it is that obvious Nathan, at least not to me, but it kind of makes sense that based on what you are saying the club has tried to leapfrog a development stage to ensure Premier League survival. I've not really thought this through but what I think I mean by this is, NW came in and brought in the Clint Hill's and Sean Derry's and the Paddy Kenny's of the world which improved our squad and brought us players that made the team compete well at the required level and that was a natural development step and was manageable.

Now we are in the top flight perhaps it is a case that the club want to, or think they can, bypass or shortcut the next natural stage by buying and playing the type of players and type of team they think can survive in the top half of the table. Therefore we have been stacking up the Park Ji Sungs, the Fabios the Cesars, players from Real Madrid, Man U and Man Citeh cast offs, rather than looking at what Norwich and Swansea did last year and simply try and progress through "organic growth" as they say in my industry. Now they have found that having a squad of other Prem teams' castoffs does not automatically bring a coherent team on the pitch. There are another 15 or so other clubs outside the Top 4 who haven't rushed out this reason and brought in 14 new players and perhaps have never done so.

Or perhaps I am talking complete Bollox?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Getting slaughtered on talk sport on 17:55 - Oct 3 with 587 viewsNathanNI

Yeah, I hadn't thought of it in terms of recruitment of specific personel, but it does make sense. Look at West Ham, I know it's down to the Manager to a certain extent, but he would have loved to get Horse Face in the team. They do tend to play a more direct style along with other teams we seem to struggle against.

Overall I am not sure if they have done it intentionally, but Dave Mc made an interesting point the other day that the set up of the club hasn't been right for years, and that will always hold us back, know I didn't get into the nitty gritty about what parts he meant specifically, but I think he was alluding to the fact that we seem to chase rainbows (my words not his) and it could be we are signing people because of who they are instead of what they can do for the system. (this is totally conjecture, whilst I know Dave personally, I wouldn't want to put words in his mouth).

We do seem to have recruited technical players for the most part, and that does please me overall. But some threads recently have been enquiring about getting Barton back. Now he wasn't the most gifted performer whilst here, and personally I hope he never sets foot in LR again, but I can see why a player of his type might help.

Simply put, for me, we had good spells against City, Chelsea, Spurs, but didn't have enough quality to get the goals, or keep a clean sheet. Whereas against other teams, we looked under the cosh, but didn't seem to have any of the movement or fluidity we had against other footballing teams.

I guess M'bia and Diakete could be a pair of rough and tumble enforcers, IF Samaba can stop breakdancing when he tackles, and M'Bia settles a bit.

Faurlin can tackle too, but as Gary Neville rightly pointed out recently, the full backs have such an important job in football now, and against West Ham, we essentially have 4 centre half types, both in build and technical ability, swapping Nedum & Hill for Fabio/Traore/Boswinga and you start to have more chance of playing football throughout the team.

Be interesting to see how it develops when they come back.

– I too could be talking complete rubbish.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024