Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling 10:38 - Oct 10 with 3003 viewsTrom

What reaction will he get when Liverpool visit HQ? I seem to remember at the time opinion was split. Looks some talent for a 17 year old.

Hopefully people don't resent him leaving. I'm pretty sure it was the club that cashed in. Also we had no infrastructure or promise of it at the time. Hopefully we will be able to hang on to players like this in the future.
Sterling on 12:18 - Oct 10 with 791 viewsQPRski

He is one that got away and I don't blame hin for that decison at that time. However, there was much noise on the forums on his talent and there was speculation that he should/will be introduced to the first team at an incredibly earlty age. Perhaps here we missed an opppoertunty or saved his career?

I am interested in HIS reaction to the home fans as he is a local boy.
...but I don't want him to score.
Sterling on 12:23 - Oct 10 with 783 viewsQPunkR

Well, local-ish after living in Harlesden. He was born in Kingston, mon!

QPR - "shit but local"

Sterling on 12:40 - Oct 10 with 761 viewsPacal_Votan

Sterling on 11:59 - Oct 10 by Sharpy

You`re right, not sure what or whom i was thinking about.

"Sterling was signed in February 2010 by Rafael Benítez for an initial fee of £600,000, which could rise to £5 million depending on how many appearances he makes for the first-team"

It could be any number of 12 year olds you were thinking about.

It was his agent that persuaded him and his family to sign for the bin dippers.

"Try the whine!!!"

Sterling on 12:40 - Oct 10 with 757 viewsHollowayRanger

To me he will be just another liverpool player

never played for our first team hell i never saw him play full stop

sterling who?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Sterling on 12:42 - Oct 10 with 757 viewscobbleR

Seem to remember a youth players parents posting on this board just before he got sold, basically saying they would have loved him to stay here but as we had no proper youth setup to speak of he (and they) had no choice. Was that Sterling's parents?

Either way, think pretty much everyone knew how good he was and might be!
Sterling on 13:10 - Oct 10 with 738 viewswestolian

Sterling on 11:59 - Oct 10 by Sharpy

You`re right, not sure what or whom i was thinking about.

"Sterling was signed in February 2010 by Rafael Benítez for an initial fee of £600,000, which could rise to £5 million depending on how many appearances he makes for the first-team"

Jimmy Saville ??

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Sterling on 13:29 - Oct 10 with 720 viewsEastR

Sterling on 12:03 - Oct 10 by W7Ranger

Thought it was more recent than 2007.

Had it been 2007, we probably would've given him away in exchange for some footballs and a few corner flags!!!!

apparently a few deals have fallen through as we've never won the FA cup and the flags are the wrong shape ;)

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Sterling on 13:30 - Oct 10 with 720 viewsadhoc_qpr

The only thing i'd chant is something along the lines of 'lock up your daughters' as he's already knocked up 2 or 3 teenage scouse girls at the tender age of 17!

God help him if he does make the grade and start to receive the extra attentive press focus England players get...
Login to get fewer ads

Sterling on 13:38 - Oct 10 with 715 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Should be getting some of that £5m then at least.
Sterling on 20:32 - Oct 10 with 686 viewsderbyhoop

Sterling on 12:40 - Oct 10 by Pacal_Votan

It could be any number of 12 year olds you were thinking about.

It was his agent that persuaded him and his family to sign for the bin dippers.

I suspect he left because his agent (an agent for a 14 year old, WTF) insisted. We may have been able to persuade him to stay if there hadn't been the external pressures, but likely he would have gone to one of the bigger clubs well before his 20th birthday.
I hope he does well for Liverpool, except when they play us. I also hope he isn't another bright star that burns out. The English national team could do with every talented young player.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sterling on 12:27 - Oct 11 with 629 viewsQPunkR

Sterling on 12:40 - Oct 10 by HollowayRanger

To me he will be just another liverpool player

never played for our first team hell i never saw him play full stop

sterling who?

Albion

QPR - "shit but local"

Sterling on 13:48 - Oct 11 with 609 viewsSonofNorfolt

Rangers offered him terms as good as any other club.
The difference is if he stayed the agent got very little, but a transfer meant a nice earner, who was only acting in the players interest!
Steve Gallen told me all this before it happened.
This is in my book for those who haven't read it.
Phil Beard said that this will never happen again.
Sterling on 17:03 - Oct 11 with 575 viewsMatch82

Sterling on 13:48 - Oct 11 by SonofNorfolt

Rangers offered him terms as good as any other club.
The difference is if he stayed the agent got very little, but a transfer meant a nice earner, who was only acting in the players interest!
Steve Gallen told me all this before it happened.
This is in my book for those who haven't read it.
Phil Beard said that this will never happen again.

In fairness I can see why earning the same amount of money but subsequently being coached by a combination of the tea lady and the bin man might be less appealing than being coached by an elite coaching staff for the team you've always supported.

Plus, it sounds like he has quite the fondness for a scouse accent...
Sterling on 17:33 - Oct 11 with 565 viewsSonofNorfolt

Sterling on 17:03 - Oct 11 by Match82

In fairness I can see why earning the same amount of money but subsequently being coached by a combination of the tea lady and the bin man might be less appealing than being coached by an elite coaching staff for the team you've always supported.

Plus, it sounds like he has quite the fondness for a scouse accent...

Except that he was training with the first team by then, and would have made his debut at West Brom if Magilton hadn't got the push.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024