Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale Supporters Football Team 21:23 - Oct 26 with 6462 viewsPaulH84

Hi Everyone,

As some of you may know the Rochdale Supporters team has been running for a good number of years and continues to play in the IFA Supporters league.

The main goal is to build relations both with other clubs but also within our own support by playing games on the morning of a matchday either away or at home (ideally against a supporters team of the team Dale are playing that day)

Over the last number of years due to a mixture of work, family and health commitments the size of the squad of players we have to select from has dwindled and we are now in need of fresh blood.

The main ideology behind the supporters team has never changed and our only pre-requisite is that you are a Dale fan.

It has become increasingly important that the supporters team play games away as this gives us a chance to secure the financial future of the supporters (generally the team hosting pays a lions share of the costs and by not playing away we are running at a loss year on year). As such we will need to recruit fans that follow the dale both home and away.

You don't need to follow Dale every away game but ideally it would help.

There is a game tomorrow against Bury A at Goshen sports centre in Bury (BL9 9RG). The kick off is at 11am and anyone is welcome to come down and introduce themselves to the team or just to watch.

The likely next game will be away to Wycombe and anyone that will be available for that game is welcome to message me on here or DM me on the twitter feed.

For reference;

Ifa League: http://ifastats.webs.com/ifaleaguetable1213.htm

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/RochdaleS_FC
Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 22:41 - Oct 26 with 6401 viewsSpeedy

"our only pre-requisite is that you are a Dale fan."

I heard that more than a few players were die hard Manc reds that never attended Dale games, and didn't really have a good word to say about Dale....
Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 23:03 - Oct 26 with 6374 viewsPaulH84

Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 22:41 - Oct 26 by Speedy

"our only pre-requisite is that you are a Dale fan."

I heard that more than a few players were die hard Manc reds that never attended Dale games, and didn't really have a good word to say about Dale....

Whilst there have been games where we have had to draft people in, I can guarantee you that all except one of our regular players are dale fans (and he's an oldham fan that has been involved in our supporters team for over a decade).

At least 5 of our players were at the recent FIFA night.

I've been part of the supporters team for a number of years now and I can't remember the last Man Utd fan to turn out for us never mind a group of them!
Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 07:52 - Oct 27 with 6290 viewsG_Dale

Any of your players play in Rochdale Sunday league? What league/s do they play in? Just to get an idea of the level/standard

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 09:14 - Oct 27 with 6254 viewsPaulH84

Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 07:52 - Oct 27 by G_Dale

Any of your players play in Rochdale Sunday league? What league/s do they play in? Just to get an idea of the level/standard

We have a few lads in the Rochdale Sunday league. Quite far ranging but 3 or 4 of the lads play for Dicken Green in the 2nd Division, one or two play for Highfield first and seconds and I myself am playing in the bottom division!

Ability is not paramount its mainly character. Just as equally we have people playing regular football for at least 2 or 3 people on the team its their only game of football a week.

There's no training sessions to commit to either.

We do try to remain competitive so teams will be picked on ability but we like to try and include all of the squad in games particularly when we're travelling big distances. Been a while since we've really had to worry about that though because quite often we have a flat 11 or only 1 or 2 subs.
Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 09:26 - Oct 27 with 6242 viewsrochedale

What's the kit like?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 10:49 - Oct 27 with 6178 viewsJL_Dale

Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 09:26 - Oct 27 by rochedale

What's the kit like?

It's Ajax's alternate kit from the 1979/80 season.
Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 10:56 - Oct 27 with 6166 viewsSalwaDale

As someone who has played for the team in the dim and distant past I can certainly recommend it to anyone. It's a good laugh and a great thing to do before an away game, although I still haven't thawed out from a game away at Mansfield about 15 years ago.

TBBT

Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 07:18 - Nov 6 with 6045 viewsPaulH84

Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 10:56 - Oct 27 by SalwaDale

As someone who has played for the team in the dim and distant past I can certainly recommend it to anyone. It's a good laugh and a great thing to do before an away game, although I still haven't thawed out from a game away at Mansfield about 15 years ago.

Hi everyone.

Looking to get a team together for the trip to Wycombe on Saturday.

Could anyone interested either send me a message on here or text me on 07920425521.

I need to confirm we have a team by the close of play tomorrow so quick replies will be needed. We're looking to convoy from spotland early doors to get to Wycombe for around half 10/11.

Thanks

Paul H
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 08:57 - Nov 8 with 5859 viewsPaulH84

We've got 10 for the game which will be enough for us to play it but ideally we would like a couple more.

Please let me know if you can make it. We will be splitting the driving between three of the team and we're all staying for the game and coming straight back to Rochdale.

Does anyone know any London exiles that might be interested?

Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 17:08 - Nov 8 with 5792 viewsle9hss

I used to play for the team 5/6 year ago would love to get back into but work commitments and university commitments say other wise if needed for home games I would play just drop me a message on here or by my email le9hss@bolton.ac.uk

Only live in bolton so travelling for home games is not an issue. Wont be able to play for next couple of weeks due to starting work in the afternoons at weekends but any time after that just let me know and I will be ready to play

Just to add to that the oldham fan will know me from that time tell him Evans said hi and Ill be ready to return ha!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 19:01 - Nov 8 with 5748 viewsPaulH84

Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 17:08 - Nov 8 by le9hss

I used to play for the team 5/6 year ago would love to get back into but work commitments and university commitments say other wise if needed for home games I would play just drop me a message on here or by my email le9hss@bolton.ac.uk

Only live in bolton so travelling for home games is not an issue. Wont be able to play for next couple of weeks due to starting work in the afternoons at weekends but any time after that just let me know and I will be ready to play

Just to add to that the oldham fan will know me from that time tell him Evans said hi and Ill be ready to return ha!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I think I remember you. Think you came in and played at Centre half when we were short at Hopwood Hall a couple of years ago?
Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 11:05 - Nov 9 with 5663 viewsle9hss

May have me mixed up with someone else last game i played was in 2008

was part of the original squad that entered the IFA league
Rochdale Supporters Football Team on 11:45 - Nov 9 with 5648 viewsPDIDDY

if the keepers got 15 fingers, hes a daley alright

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024