Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation 19:52 - Nov 23 with 2157 viewsNorthernr

As Mark Hughes moves out of Loftus Road, Harry Redknapp seems set to move straight in. Are QPR simply repeating the same mistakes all over again?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1871
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 20:12 - Nov 23 with 1588 viewswood_hoop

Clive,top class read, many salient points made.

I too am extremly wary of Rednapp as the next manager, I am hoping he does well despite my reservations of at what cost, but then we have no choice, we are relying on him to stay in the Prem, supporters are looking for any signs of a march up the table, a few wins and hope will be returned, still got serious doubts that Rednapp can do this but we will just have to wait and see........
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 20:23 - Nov 23 with 1555 viewsjamois

I would like to think that every Rs fan is going into this one with eyes wide open. And that nobody is treating it like a coronation. The ONLY reason for appointing Harry is that we think there is a slight chance that he might keep us up. And if he managed that feat, I'm sure most would be happily shot of him. A Benitez 7mth contract would be fine by me. Which is where your article comes in. I would actually be quite happy to forego the 'must stay in the PL this season' line and just appoint someone who is the best fit, someone who is a bloody good coach and thinks laterally about the game. Not, as I heard Rodney Marsh describe Harry earlier today, "a top football man" which is basically a euphemism for old school, keep it in the family types. The new thinkers in football aren't like this. I'm not sure who the right candidate is mind you. MY knowledge isn't broad enough, but there's someone out there who's a better fit for us, for sure. Still, if Harry comes in and keeps us up, I don't suppose anyone will be complaining. But if we go down with Harry, well what then?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 20:45 - Nov 23 with 1505 viewsMonahoop

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 20:23 - Nov 23 by jamois

I would like to think that every Rs fan is going into this one with eyes wide open. And that nobody is treating it like a coronation. The ONLY reason for appointing Harry is that we think there is a slight chance that he might keep us up. And if he managed that feat, I'm sure most would be happily shot of him. A Benitez 7mth contract would be fine by me. Which is where your article comes in. I would actually be quite happy to forego the 'must stay in the PL this season' line and just appoint someone who is the best fit, someone who is a bloody good coach and thinks laterally about the game. Not, as I heard Rodney Marsh describe Harry earlier today, "a top football man" which is basically a euphemism for old school, keep it in the family types. The new thinkers in football aren't like this. I'm not sure who the right candidate is mind you. MY knowledge isn't broad enough, but there's someone out there who's a better fit for us, for sure. Still, if Harry comes in and keeps us up, I don't suppose anyone will be complaining. But if we go down with Harry, well what then?

' But if we go down with Harry, well what then'?

He will be like a lot of bumbling fools who have been at the club and a figure of hate. Another face to pin up somewhere and throw your darts at.

If all goes well then everything will be hunky dory.

Just remain open minded and don't get carried away. There have been more managerical false dawns at QPR than genuine ones. Another intriguing twist in the long rocky story of the R's could be about to unfold.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:15 - Nov 23 with 1453 viewsHollowayRanger

at least he knows what it takes to get a team promoted unlike hughes if the worst should happen

question is ...has harry still got the drive and hunger lest face it he had a great job at spurs and was very close to england job

if he signs he signs for the bottom and near smallest premiership club there is

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:22 - Nov 23 with 1421 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:15 - Nov 23 by HollowayRanger

at least he knows what it takes to get a team promoted unlike hughes if the worst should happen

question is ...has harry still got the drive and hunger lest face it he had a great job at spurs and was very close to england job

if he signs he signs for the bottom and near smallest premiership club there is

It is weird. A few months ago, how many people would have realistically thought of Harry as a managerial candidate for QPR? Riding high with Spurs, Europa League, spending pots of cash. Why would he be interested in bottom of the table, little old QPR? Let's hope he's up for the challenge!

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:24 - Nov 23 with 1413 viewsNorthernr

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:22 - Nov 23 by Billy_Kershaw

It is weird. A few months ago, how many people would have realistically thought of Harry as a managerial candidate for QPR? Riding high with Spurs, Europa League, spending pots of cash. Why would he be interested in bottom of the table, little old QPR? Let's hope he's up for the challenge!

Yes, why would he be interested in QPR, what a jolly good question that is. Could it be the enormous contract, the opportunity to throw money around with Willie Mckay in January, the enormous pay off if it goes well, or a combination of all three?
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:25 - Nov 23 with 1412 viewsN12Hoop

After his treatment by Spurs and England Harry has something to prove. I think he's still hungry and if he can stabilise the ship it gives the Board time to finish building the infrastructure it is putting in place for the long term. I think it is important to note that although Redknapp smacks of more short term desperatism the BoArd do have a long term vision which hopefully will bare fruits in a few years.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:31 - Nov 23 with 1392 viewskropotkin41

It seems to me that Harry coming represents the last throw of the dice to keep us in the money next season - with the huge increase in Premiership cash.

The thing is I suppose, that we would all love to see QPR stop the turnover of managers and have the stability that is so often talked about; we'd all like to see a young firebrand manager appointed who would be with us for 20 odd years and see us established as a good footballing side in the Premiership.

What we need from Mr Redknapp, if he gets the job, is to give us a fighting chance this season and to stick with the job if we do go down, and then see us through into the era of being a properly rebuilt club ready to go with a manager for the long term.

NorthernR uses the word ethos, and that's the right word isn't it? For a club that doesn't expect to win the league or dominate Europe, an ethos is exactly what's needed, a clear and realistic goal.

This isn't necessarily incompatible with having Harry now, the guy's 65, he may be keen on QPR as his possible last hurrah; one more miraculous escape or maybe even one more promotion campaign........... what will be interesting is what happens afterwards; how the long term goals sit alongside giving Harry command of the lifeboat.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:32 - Nov 23 with 1390 viewsBasingstokeR

Someone just Tweeted the back page of the Mirror which quotes Redknapp as taking over with a £1m staying up bonus (isn't that what Hughes got last year?), the problem with us making Hughes one of the highest paid managers in the Prem (if not the joint 11th in the WORLD!) was the same as Newcastle had when they paid Shearer huge money back in the day...it means everyone else wants more, and if you're replacing someone on that big money - the replacement wants even more.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rundown/top-30-best-paid-managers-180530
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:35 - Nov 23 with 1374 viewsYorkRanger

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:24 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Yes, why would he be interested in QPR, what a jolly good question that is. Could it be the enormous contract, the opportunity to throw money around with Willie Mckay in January, the enormous pay off if it goes well, or a combination of all three?

Or could it be he is a football man, who wants to get back into the Premiership and prove again what a capable manager he is..

Every one one of us will maximise their earning potential in any job they take. Why should Redknapp be any different
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:48 - Nov 23 with 1352 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:24 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Maybe. But I don't think it's just a financial motivation - is Harry that one-dimensional? He wouldn't come to QPR just to get relegated, he must see it as a footballing challenge too. If he's so motivated by money, why doesn't he just retire and spend some of it? It will certainly be interesting to see his transfer budget for January!

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:49 - Nov 23 with 1349 viewsNorthernr

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:35 - Nov 23 by YorkRanger

Or could it be he is a football man, who wants to get back into the Premiership and prove again what a capable manager he is..

Every one one of us will maximise their earning potential in any job they take. Why should Redknapp be any different

I hope you're right. I'm 50/50 at the moment.
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:51 - Nov 23 with 1337 viewsYorkRanger

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:49 - Nov 23 by Northernr

I hope you're right. I'm 50/50 at the moment.

I'm not totally convinced but trying to be optimistic. I keep saying to myself it can't be any worse than its been.
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:52 - Nov 23 with 1335 viewsNorthernr

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:51 - Nov 23 by YorkRanger

I'm not totally convinced but trying to be optimistic. I keep saying to myself it can't be any worse than its been.

Yes I tried to be optimistic about Hughes, ended up looking a tit, hence caution.
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:53 - Nov 23 with 1330 viewsYorkRanger

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:52 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Yes I tried to be optimistic about Hughes, ended up looking a tit, hence caution.

you and plenty of others...
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 22:11 - Nov 23 with 1291 viewsNW5Hoop

Agree with every word about Harry. He'll either be a triumh or a disaster, with no in between. I tend to believe we're as good as down already, and I'd rather we be thinking about the manager who'll get us up in a sensible manner next season, and that should be someone who sees QPR as a chance to make a mark in the Permier League not as the only available job that would enable him to coach in the top flight and continue living on Sandbanks.
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 22:12 - Nov 23 with 1288 viewsTGRRRSSS

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 21:52 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Redknapp has a far better CV than HUghes whatever way you look at it
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 22:16 - Nov 23 with 1277 viewsNorthernr

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 22:12 - Nov 23 by TGRRRSSS

Redknapp has a far better CV than HUghes whatever way you look at it

Does he?
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 22:19 - Nov 23 with 1267 viewsTGRRRSSS

Look at his win loss percentage
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 22:43 - Nov 23 with 1207 viewsN12Hoop

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 22:19 - Nov 23 by TGRRRSSS

Look at his win loss percentage

Isn't his away record 2 draws and every other game has ended in defeat? I reckon any of us could have gotten at least that as a return

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 22:47 - Nov 23 with 1191 viewsTGRRRSSS

Not sure on that detail but still better than Hughes away record as QPR manager
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 22:50 - Nov 23 with 1182 viewssilky

I always have caution as a QPR supporter, but will support whoever is in charge, MH just ran out of Ideas and got totally found out, our saving grace is the fact everyone realises this and I don't think he will ever get a job in the PL again.

Harry is different and a great short term option, as long as the contract is a sensible one, our club is crying out for a long term plan, we are not going to win anything in the PL or cups any time soon so now is a chance to lay some serious foundations.

Id love to see Ole Gunnar Solskjær given a chance, or someone of his mould, and bring in good hungry home grown talent from our youth set up or scouting Europe's unknowns and unearthing gems in the process.

Even if we don't win anything any time soon I wouldn't care, Id just love to see QPR being run in the right way, that's all I ever want for this club.... We must look to the future for the health of this sport & our club....

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 22:57 - Nov 23 with 1162 viewsDaiHo0p

None of you listening to me a year ago when I explained why MH was shite.. etc
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 23:02 - Nov 23 with 1145 viewsNorthernr

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 22:57 - Nov 23 by DaiHo0p

Well, the main positive of today is your stay at the top of the prediction league will shortly come to an end
Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 23:04 - Nov 23 with 1140 viewsTheBlob

Beware the pitfalls of a Redknapp coronation on 22:57 - Nov 23 by DaiHo0p

That's because some of us on here already knew and took dog's abuse until proved right.

Anyway,it's quite simply "the king is dead,long live the king".

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024