Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant 16:22 - Jan 11 with 5184 viewslurker

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/10157351.Rochdale_say_sorry_for____f

Nice to offer an apology in writing. No matter whether it was done without thought or by those too young to remember, an apology was required.

Fair play.
Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 16:41 - Jan 11 with 5108 viewsphomem

Michael Owen had to apologise about a tweet this week where he stated Bradford were on fire playing villa
Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 17:37 - Jan 11 with 4987 viewsBantam

A big thank you from Bradford City fans, a really nice gesture.
Many if not most City fans have never heard the chant before including myself and took offence and things were taken out of context, Dale fans never meant any offence and we all know that now and the article clears things up once and for all.
Good luck for the rest of the season.
Thanks again.
Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 20:41 - Jan 11 with 4813 viewsBrighouseDale

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 16:41 - Jan 11 by phomem

Michael Owen had to apologise about a tweet this week where he stated Bradford were on fire playing villa

Bloody daft is that. Where do you draw the line? It'd be just our luck to get a referee who actually doesn't have a father, and once again Rochdale fans are such horrible, senseless yobs!

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 22:43 - Jan 11 with 4700 viewsBantam

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 20:41 - Jan 11 by BrighouseDale

Bloody daft is that. Where do you draw the line? It'd be just our luck to get a referee who actually doesn't have a father, and once again Rochdale fans are such horrible, senseless yobs!

You do have a point there, Owens comments shouldn't have even been mentioned, i saw nothing wrong with what he said and to me there was no reason whatsoever to make an apology. infact i wouldn't have if i were him.
Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 22:52 - Jan 11 with 4675 viewsBrighouseDale

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 22:43 - Jan 11 by Bantam

You do have a point there, Owens comments shouldn't have even been mentioned, i saw nothing wrong with what he said and to me there was no reason whatsoever to make an apology. infact i wouldn't have if i were him.

Like!

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 23:51 - Jan 11 with 4626 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Who is this person making an apology on behalf of Rochdale fans? When did Rochdale fans agree to this?

Farcical! I am a Trust member and completely disagree with the apology.
Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 23:57 - Jan 11 with 4616 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 23:51 - Jan 11 by Albert_Whitehurst

Who is this person making an apology on behalf of Rochdale fans? When did Rochdale fans agree to this?

Tazzy-esque tbh!

There's sometimes when you just need to shut the F"ck up and keep your opinion to your self!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 00:02 - Jan 12 with 4606 views442Dale

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 23:51 - Jan 11 by Albert_Whitehurst

The quotes contain an explanation. The report uses the words "sorry" and "apologised"

That's not to say there would be anything wrong with apologising for an honest mistake.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 00:20 - Jan 12 with 4585 viewsroccydaleian

You are a bit out of order on this N.C. The person in question is on the Trust Board, and a perfect gentleman, who did the right thing. Why do you think the apology was wrong?
Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 08:25 - Jan 12 with 4489 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 00:20 - Jan 12 by roccydaleian

You are a bit out of order on this N.C. The person in question is on the Trust Board, and a perfect gentleman, who did the right thing. Why do you think the apology was wrong?

Dale fans sing a song...Bradford fans take it the wrong way.

Bradford got it wrong, not Dale! There is simply nothing to apologise for...and certainly not on behalf of Dale fans.

I didn't sing it, but feel no remorse for the song being sung.

As was said above...where do we draw the line? This is football fans chanting in a bid to get one up on opponents.

I take it the Bradford fans were ok with 'All Yorkshiremen sh@g sheep' and 'We hate Yorkshire'...which are far more vitriolic!
Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 08:33 - Jan 12 with 4472 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 23:57 - Jan 11 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Tazzy-esque tbh!

There's sometimes when you just need to shut the F"ck up and keep your opinion to your self!

...and that's your opinion...ironically!

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 09:21 - Jan 12 with 4438 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 08:33 - Jan 12 by Albert_Whitehurst

...and that's your opinion...ironically!

But not one that will open old wounds of a tragic event where people died or were seriuosly injured.

I didnt say that you were'n't entitled to an opinion, just sometimes its better to keep it to your self.

What are you trying to gain from this? A headline that "Rochdale fans aren't really sorry for any upset caused?"

Which is not the case.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 10:11 - Jan 12 with 4389 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 09:21 - Jan 12 by SteTsGoldenBoot

But not one that will open old wounds of a tragic event where people died or were seriuosly injured.

I didnt say that you were'n't entitled to an opinion, just sometimes its better to keep it to your self.

What are you trying to gain from this? A headline that "Rochdale fans aren't really sorry for any upset caused?"

Which is not the case.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Opening what wounds? It's their misunderstanding. Dale have nothing to apologise for or even need to address it.
Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 10:18 - Jan 12 with 4383 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 10:11 - Jan 12 by Albert_Whitehurst

Opening what wounds? It's their misunderstanding. Dale have nothing to apologise for or even need to address it.

I would have thought that you are in the minority with your thoughts, but hey ho.

If one person was upset and now feels better because of the apology, then it was well worth doing.

It shows that the club still has some modicum of class about it.

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 12:13 - Jan 12 with 4292 viewsDorsetDale

On seeing NC's first post I thought "what an insensitive prick" for a couple of seconds before realising how I/we have been conditioned by the PC agenda.

In cases where fan behaviour has gone beyond limits, it's normal for their club to come out with an official apology. To my knowledge, Dale have not done so, neither have Bradford asked for one. That in itself shows how unimportant an issue it is.

At the time there was discussion on this board and the matter was cleared up. As stated then, the more senior fans were able to shut the chant down pretty quickly, advising the chantees(?) as to why. That should have been the end of the matter.

If an individual feels the need to repair relations that's up to him/her but should not be doing so on behalf of others without seeking their opinions.

I suspect if this had been an incident involving Liverpool and Hillsborough we'd have had any number of posters complaining of scouse intolerance etc.. Can't have it both ways!

I also suspect this will be the ONLY time I support a view point with NC

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 12:16 - Jan 12 with 4284 viewsR17ALE

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 10:18 - Jan 12 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I would have thought that you are in the minority with your thoughts, but hey ho.

If one person was upset and now feels better because of the apology, then it was well worth doing.

It shows that the club still has some modicum of class about it.

I think I can shed some light on this. At Monday's Trust meeting we were made aware of a letter written to our Trust by the Bradford Trust asking if we were aware of some ill chosen chant coming from the Rochdale section, and could we respond.

Accordingly, our Secretary wrote back the following day and his letter has since appeared in their local rag. But for this no-one would be any the wiser of our apology.

The episode has become something of a molehill changing into a mountain, due to the bleeding internet!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 17:46 - Jan 12 with 4149 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Apology for Offensive Valley Parade Chant on 12:13 - Jan 12 by DorsetDale

On seeing NC's first post I thought "what an insensitive prick" for a couple of seconds before realising how I/we have been conditioned by the PC agenda.

In cases where fan behaviour has gone beyond limits, it's normal for their club to come out with an official apology. To my knowledge, Dale have not done so, neither have Bradford asked for one. That in itself shows how unimportant an issue it is.

At the time there was discussion on this board and the matter was cleared up. As stated then, the more senior fans were able to shut the chant down pretty quickly, advising the chantees(?) as to why. That should have been the end of the matter.

If an individual feels the need to repair relations that's up to him/her but should not be doing so on behalf of others without seeking their opinions.

I suspect if this had been an incident involving Liverpool and Hillsborough we'd have had any number of posters complaining of scouse intolerance etc.. Can't have it both ways!

I also suspect this will be the ONLY time I support a view point with NC

I agree with your first thought :-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024