Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin - time to move on? 20:08 - Jan 26 with 4236 viewsYorkRanger

What is the consensus on here? It seems there are some who will never criticise him (for past performances in the promotion year) and others who think he is a shadow of the player he was and no longer worth perservering with.

Fair enough he has had a rough time but are we now past the point of no return?

Looks like Harry has probably made his mind up - is he right?
Faurlin - time to move on? on 20:13 - Jan 26 with 3170 viewsibnumber10

He was superb in our promotion season but he's just not at that level anymore.
Felt sorry for him today, but what summed it up for me is when he got a yellow card in the 2nd half as he pulled the MK Dons player down who had just left him for dead.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 20:13 - Jan 26 with 3137 viewswittle

from what i have seen this season from ale, i wouldnt lose any sleep if he was moved on .We cant keep cutting him slack due to injuries etc. I also know this is a touchy subject for some on here.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 20:15 - Jan 26 with 3108 viewsTHEBUSH

He'll do well in an organised Championship team, but obviously don't fit into Redknapps plans !!
Faurlin - time to move on? on 20:16 - Jan 26 with 3100 viewssmegma

If he moves on it wouldn't surprise me. I want him to be the player he was 12 months ago but something is amiss. Getting caught in possession is foregivable at times but i counted 3 times he was under no pressure yet still managed to find touch with a simple pass to a full back.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 20:16 - Jan 26 with 3099 viewsToast_R

The dilemma is that if we go down he'd be very useful in the Champ.

I don't think HR has him in the great final push though so I can't see him staying. On todays performance though who'd want him?

It's all about the here and now and Faurlin is sadly all yesterday.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 20:16 - Jan 26 with 3092 viewsactonman

keep him for next season then !
Faurlin - time to move on? on 20:17 - Jan 26 with 3075 viewsted_hendrix

I hate seeing the bloke struggle I really do, for me though he's not 'cutting it' and without doubt the club has to come first.

I have no doubt that HR will unload him to whoever and stupid as It might seem It could just work in A. Faurlin's favour.

I used to love watching him play for us, he was so cultured and had a natural left foot, now tbh I sometimes shit myself when he's on the ball.

(Hope that don't sound a bit OTT but that's how I see It)

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Faurlin - time to move on? on 20:19 - Jan 26 with 3057 viewsJamie

As said when the Palermo loan bid was mentioned, IMO it would be perfect for him to go out on loan and play some regular football again in a slower league to try and blow some of the cobwebs off. That the bid was rejected suggests its a cash only deal.

Would come in handy if/when we go down but unfortunately suspect we need the cash from selling him to reinvest in someone HR wants and who will then be surplus deadwood when HR fcks off in the summer.

Would also point out that Vidic suffered an identical injury a few days before Faurlin, returned at the same time equally rusty and Utd pulled him out of the firing line for 6 weeks of reserve football to get his eye on before he returned to the first team. Faurlin was chucked straight in for 4/5 90 minutes in a row out of desperation immediately after returning and has been deteriorating in performance since.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin - time to move on? on 20:50 - Jan 26 with 2934 viewsbaz_qpr

Faurlin - time to move on? on 20:19 - Jan 26 by Jamie

As said when the Palermo loan bid was mentioned, IMO it would be perfect for him to go out on loan and play some regular football again in a slower league to try and blow some of the cobwebs off. That the bid was rejected suggests its a cash only deal.

Would come in handy if/when we go down but unfortunately suspect we need the cash from selling him to reinvest in someone HR wants and who will then be surplus deadwood when HR fcks off in the summer.

Would also point out that Vidic suffered an identical injury a few days before Faurlin, returned at the same time equally rusty and Utd pulled him out of the firing line for 6 weeks of reserve football to get his eye on before he returned to the first team. Faurlin was chucked straight in for 4/5 90 minutes in a row out of desperation immediately after returning and has been deteriorating in performance since.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Agree in some games he has been decent but really struggles when pressed. Was never the quickest and needs passing options as well. Would most definitely loan rather than sell
Faurlin - time to move on? on 20:58 - Jan 26 with 2909 viewsClive_Anderson

He's had a couple of decent games this season, he was excellent away at Spurs for example.

But apart from that he's been pretty ropey. Some players never come back properly after they've done their knee in and it looks like he might be one of them unfortunately.

Still think he can do a job in the Championship though so worth keeping him about.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 21:10 - Jan 26 with 2852 viewsessextaxiboy

Player of the year (twice? ) went through all of those manager changes when he must have wondered what he had taken on . Wind back nearly all of Adels goals in the championship and Ale had pushed him the ball .
Copped a serious injury in a nothing game and came back ...and now it looks like Harry is unconvinced .

Gutted for him if it isnt going to work out now
Faurlin - time to move on? on 21:20 - Jan 26 with 2809 viewsyankranger

Has not been the same player since he came back from injury but I wouldn't sell him. Maybe put out on loan for the rest of the year. Keep on our books for if we go down. If we go down we'd really regret selling him.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 21:29 - Jan 26 with 2783 viewsElHoop

Yeah would prefer a loan too. When he got injured at MKD he was pushing and stretching and straining to get us back into the game and at the moment it's not there any more. He's too restrained.

There was that story on here about him pumping money into one of those stupid bookie betting machines which worried me a bit actually. I'm not convinced that he's in a great place head wise right now. I don't want him to go but maybe it's the best thing for him, at least short term if not long. There's plenty in the championship who would take him and it might just get him back on track. I would miss him if he went, that's for sure, but I really want him to be OK.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 22:15 - Jan 26 with 2653 viewsjo_qpr63

He has had a really bad year thats for sure, but personally i would not move him on just yet. The lad has been class for us right up to when he got injured.
To have to come back from a bad injury, to a team that has just signed a load of midfielders, and a team struggling to win games must effect him and the way he plays.
Maybe a loan to get him games and enjoying football again, but too early to scrap him just yet. There are plenty players before he goes.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 22:30 - Jan 26 with 2608 viewsFeldy

Faurlin - time to move on? on 22:15 - Jan 26 by jo_qpr63

He has had a really bad year thats for sure, but personally i would not move him on just yet. The lad has been class for us right up to when he got injured.
To have to come back from a bad injury, to a team that has just signed a load of midfielders, and a team struggling to win games must effect him and the way he plays.
Maybe a loan to get him games and enjoying football again, but too early to scrap him just yet. There are plenty players before he goes.

I thought he was one of the better players today, Granero, Park and Ferdinand atrocious, can't believe Hughes paid 9m for Granero.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 22:38 - Jan 26 with 2591 viewsolderR

I think a lot of his problem this year is a lack of passing options hence the sideways balls rather than forwards, (same for Granero). Plus he seems to have even less pace than before.

There are lot of players still at this club who have never played as well as he has, I think the club should write off this season and see how he performs after the summer.

The problem with this is he has no history of good performances with Harry so he may wish to dump him.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 23:08 - Jan 26 with 2549 viewsgobbles

Faurlin - time to move on? on 22:30 - Jan 26 by Feldy

I thought he was one of the better players today, Granero, Park and Ferdinand atrocious, can't believe Hughes paid 9m for Granero.

You thought Faurlin was better than Granero? I'm shocked at that.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 23:23 - Jan 26 with 2497 viewsqprmick

I said at the time, he has had a serious injury, it will time to get back to how he was, if ever. Hughes throwing him straight back into the team didn't help the boy. Not having much of a reserve team to get him into form and fitness has really cost us here. A loan out even to the lower divisions would really help him.

Qprmick

Faurlin - time to move on? on 23:47 - Jan 26 with 2465 viewsNeil_SI

He was pretty poor today and just couldn't get his passing game going. He was really sloppy with his first touch and short passes, which is a shame, because we know he can be a lot better than that. But he wasn't alone.

I don't think it's time for him to move on though. Any player suffering a serious injury like he did needs a whole season to find his feet again, and, if the club were to be relegated, then he's the sort of player you'd want around in the Championship.

Felt a bit sorry for him today — just one of those awful games that didn't do him or us any favours.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 00:34 - Jan 27 with 2394 viewsJigsore

Given Faurlin's role in the midfield would we even have noticed if he did well? He needs to play in a good team, that will give him confidence and help him if people can actually latch on to his passes.

He's coming back from a serious injury + needs our support. Ale cares, moving him on would be folly

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Faurlin - time to move on? on 00:38 - Jan 27 with 2384 viewsTheBlob

Madness to let him go.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Faurlin - time to move on? on 00:49 - Jan 27 with 2356 viewsDesertBoot

Can't see how Redknapp let us down today. With City at home on Tuesday that team looked good enough.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Faurlin - time to move on? on 00:52 - Jan 27 with 2349 viewsOxheyR

Faurlin - time to move on? on 22:30 - Jan 26 by Feldy

Granero was not one of the worst players. good first half and faded in the second but no worse than any one else. Park and Ferdinand shocking and desperate for Faurlin who is a shadow of the player we know he is. Zamora looked good though when he came on
Faurlin - time to move on? on 02:00 - Jan 27 with 2305 viewsSonofNorfolt

I love him but, he, like many non regulars in the 1st XI now, his confidence looks shot to pieces. The injury has not helped, but was he brought back too early and too much? Most of us think so. Would he pass a medical at the moment?
Whatever happens with his career, I'll always remember Wolves away last season, amongst others, when he completely ran the game.
Faurlin - time to move on? on 04:16 - Jan 27 with 2262 viewsQPR_ARG

Didn't read a lot of criticism after his assist for Zamora at Spurs. That's class. That happened AFTER his injury and the potential for him to make that kind of contribution is still there.

But can any of you make a case for any player in our current squad except for Adel, Julio Cesar and maybe Hill/Nelsen?

Who has been really on form this season? Who has been outstanding (apart from Adel and Julio Cesar)?

How many of our players have been in dire form?

Why single Ale out?

So he plays 3 straight 90-min matches (has an assist vs. Spurs after taking part in our home 0-0 draw vs. Chelsea and before playing vs. West Ham (lost 2-1)), then is dropped by Hughes.

Four matches without seeing minutes after that, then 77 minutes at Stoke, 45 vs. Soton and 83 good minutes at Old Trafford before Redknapp drops him again.

Out of action in next three, comes back and has an assist vs. Fulham (90 minutes), then 77 mins at Newcastle, 63 vs. WBA and nothing in the last 4 matches.

Gets to play in FA Cup matches with made-up lineups with hardly enough work between the starting XI and he's suddenly dispensable?

Hardly a decent run of matches. Surely there are reasons for him not to be very sharp at the moment.

It's a shame he doesn't have the luxury of walking straight into the team as others who give far less to the team do.

I'd be gutted to see him go. Just as gutted as I am with the people quickly showing Ale the door on this forum when our failure as a unit/squad is clearly the problem and not his performances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024