Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. 07:52 - Feb 14 with 6225 viewsrangerslee

On news now that Pistorius has been arrested following the shooting and killing of his girlfriend. Reports say he thought there were intruders and shot in the head and arm.
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 15:11 - Feb 14 with 1434 viewsN12Hoop

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 14:56 - Feb 14 by Metallica_Hoop

Echo the last sentence.

When I was over the first time the Health Minister was staying in the penthouse suite of some Jo'burg hospital saying "there were no problems with the health service look at me" when two floors below they were dying 2 a bed.

Illegal immigration also is what is leading to more violence, mozambique being a prime example.

Yes, to African's in other countries such as Mozambique, Zimbabwe etc, SA is the promised land with great opportunities for risk free criminal activities.

And as per your example, those in government, or their friends and families running all the large corporations now, are living the life of luxury in massive houses driving fleets of fancy cars whilst the country is crumbling around them. It's exceptionally sad, but inevitable.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 18:08 - Feb 14 with 1238 viewssoupandhoop

hire oj simpsons lawyer
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 18:23 - Feb 14 with 1219 viewsBklynRanger

"Pistorius, like many fellow South Africans, appeared to have serious concerns about his safety, and reportedly kept a revolver at his bedside and a machine gun by his window, as well as a cricket bat and baseball bat behind his bedroom door."

Bit of an itchy trigger finger possibly? Gives some weight at least to that ankle, I mean angle.

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 20:07 - Feb 14 with 1091 viewssoupandhoop

benifit of the doubt
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 20:36 - Feb 14 with 1055 viewscollegeranger

Police commented that there had been "other domestic incidents at Mr Pistorious' home" .

Now watch the defense get the case thrown out for the Police prejudicing the case!!

WTF ... why would the Police make such a statement ..... unless they had been told to..
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 14:04 - Feb 15 with 832 viewscoolranger

I grew up in South Africa, so I know it well. Moved to the UK to be able to get to more home games at LR.

The Pistorius case is a tragedy and we should all reserve our thoughts until the facts emerge. However, when a high profile sportsman is linked to such an incident then the whole South African gun crime / murder stats story is brought up again.

Put simply, South Africa, and in particular the Johannesburg-Pretoria region has got unusually high violent crime rates. There are many reasons for this - high unemployment, small middle class, huge underclass, easy access to weapons, massive disparity in wealth, simmering tensions between black and white being just a few of them. It is a violent society, and the fact Pistorius owned several weapons gives you an example of how people have to live over there - the fact they feel the need to have guns, and to live within gated communities behind walls, fences and barricades etc.

I feel saddened by this incident. South Africa is a beautiful and tragic land. Incidentally, Cape Town is something of an exception - more liberal, calmer and less violent crime, although not without its problems. The risks down there are significantly less. If you get a chance to visit Cape Town some time I would go for it. It is a very special region.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024