Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More important that who is the manager... 11:04 - Apr 21 with 1972 viewsmygeneration

we need an experienced Football Director, someone who knows the game inside out. Managers will always say they need more money and if the squad isn't performing it isn't the manager's fault.

The Board (who dont know a lot about football0 needs good advice from someone other than the manager
More important that who is the manager... on 11:07 - Apr 21 with 1962 viewsTGRRRSSS

The Whole of football needs a revamp but so many pigs at the trough it's unlikely.
Do think football ir on a precipice myself.
Agents should be sorted out for starters.
More important that who is the manager... on 11:12 - Apr 21 with 1956 viewsmygeneration

More important that who is the manager... on 11:07 - Apr 21 by TGRRRSSS

The Whole of football needs a revamp but so many pigs at the trough it's unlikely.
Do think football ir on a precipice myself.
Agents should be sorted out for starters.

Yea agree too many rich fellas happy to plunge their club into massive debt and then walk away if it gets too messy. Not saying TF will do that but if he does we are going to need more than bucket collections to save us.
More important that who is the manager... on 11:14 - Apr 21 with 1951 viewsTGRRRSSS

Agreed I'm thinking the cost implications for everybody, I do agree we need someone who's a bit sharper with the football knowledge and understanding, David Dein would be ideal as Chairman with Fernandes letting him run the club with the proviso that Fernandes gets final say or his people.
Beared either leaves for focuses onthe training ground/new ground whatever instead.
More important that who is the manager... on 11:18 - Apr 21 with 1941 viewsHollowayRanger

said this earier

We also need people who Care about QPR not just about filling their bank accounts

id love to see Ian Holloway as manager and Gerry Francis as Football Director

they might not be the greatest pair you could find but at least they wouldnt screw as over surely ?

my big fear with redknapp is he says hughes ripped off tony with these big signings and that they over paid and then he goes and buys samba for crazy money ,will redknapp have the heart passion for championship battle or will he just be happy pocketing his weekly wage

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

More important that who is the manager... on 11:25 - Apr 21 with 1932 viewsTGRRRSSS

We will see, Samba was last chance saloon with a player in the middle of his off season, so if he is here next season be fairer overall to judge him then.
Certainly should win a lot in the air at champ level.
More important that who is the manager... on 11:36 - Apr 21 with 1904 viewsToast_R

Why do we fall?

So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Don't write TF off.
More important that who is the manager... on 11:54 - Apr 21 with 1887 viewsHollowayRanger

More important that who is the manager... on 11:36 - Apr 21 by Toast_R

Why do we fall?

So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Don't write TF off.

not slagging TF off

happy he's here and hope to god he stays for the long haul

but this ll reminds me oh so much of the chris wight era and look where that took us

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

More important that who is the manager... on 12:16 - Apr 21 with 1863 viewsPey

I am far more concerned about our trainings methods.
Yesterday showed clearly we lack certain basics in football which makes it hard to compete in games.
Shooting practice, attacking and defending set pieces, stamina, concentration and understanding on the pitch got to be the worst in the League.
One can try whatever you want but if those are missing you always come second best in games.
Login to get fewer ads

More important that who is the manager... on 12:23 - Apr 21 with 1856 viewsRANGERBRENT

I have been a long time reader of this site and I wanted to post my thoughts on the current situation at QPR. The club has been lurking from one problem to another since our first relegation from the Premiership. We as a club do not have the infrastructure to support a premier league club. Our stadium is like an old car that we love but know it needs to be changed, however, we are all emotionally attached to the thing but are very wary of changing it due to the memories that it holds. The fact is that we desperately require a new stadium, this is something that the current board recognise and have been working on for some time.

Our training facilities are very poor and need to be changed; it’s probably been a massive culture shock to all the players we have signed in the last two seasons (however, its no excuse for the poor performances over the last two seasons.) Again, the board have acknowledged this and are doing something constructive about this with the Warren Farm project.

The one area that the current board have not been too good at is the Football side. When we won promotion we were hampered with the sale of the Club from Briatore and Ecclestone to Tony Fernandes. The start of the rot in the team was when we went out and brought in players such as Barton, Ferdinand & Wright Phillips. The players that had got us out of the Championship were probably still on Championship wages and in the space of a few weeks had to welcome the new intake of players on premiership wages. Creating a dressing room with such a disparity in salaries was contributing factor in my opinion to the destruction of the team spirit that we had in 2010/2011.

QPR have a tradition of appointing CEO’s who do not have a football background. This could be a reason as to why we have recruited so many players who have not been up to the job. When Gold and Sullivan took ownership of West Ham they went out and appointed Karen Brady (not everybody’s cup of tea) as their Vice Chairman. Where would QPR for example be now if they had appointed someone like David Dein onto the board? (I am not saying that he would have kept us up, but I suspect that we would have told Fernandes that we wouldn’t have needed to sign Cesar when we already had Rob Green.)

The board have gained experience of running a Football club which is very different to running the successful businesses that they run. I just hope that before we start the clear out that the board appoint someone to the board with Football knowledge; otherwise the learning curve will continue with the board, as they enter a new phase of running a football club in the Championship, which is a different proposition to running one in the Premiership. I just hope that they get the Season Ticket prices right for 2013/14.

We are a club that is in transition and I genuinely believe that our medium/long term future is bright with the new infrastructure that Tony Fernandes is building. My biggest concern is the short-term future; the board need to appoint a Board member with football expertise before we embark on another round of transfer activity before the start of the 2013/14 season. My heart says that we will win the Championship by a canter next season but my head says that we will be fortunate to make the play-offs.

Sorry for the essay my favourite cheese is Cheddar
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
More important that who is the manager... on 15:08 - Apr 21 with 1771 viewsQPR_Jim

More important that who is the manager... on 12:23 - Apr 21 by RANGERBRENT

I have been a long time reader of this site and I wanted to post my thoughts on the current situation at QPR. The club has been lurking from one problem to another since our first relegation from the Premiership. We as a club do not have the infrastructure to support a premier league club. Our stadium is like an old car that we love but know it needs to be changed, however, we are all emotionally attached to the thing but are very wary of changing it due to the memories that it holds. The fact is that we desperately require a new stadium, this is something that the current board recognise and have been working on for some time.

Our training facilities are very poor and need to be changed; it’s probably been a massive culture shock to all the players we have signed in the last two seasons (however, its no excuse for the poor performances over the last two seasons.) Again, the board have acknowledged this and are doing something constructive about this with the Warren Farm project.

The one area that the current board have not been too good at is the Football side. When we won promotion we were hampered with the sale of the Club from Briatore and Ecclestone to Tony Fernandes. The start of the rot in the team was when we went out and brought in players such as Barton, Ferdinand & Wright Phillips. The players that had got us out of the Championship were probably still on Championship wages and in the space of a few weeks had to welcome the new intake of players on premiership wages. Creating a dressing room with such a disparity in salaries was contributing factor in my opinion to the destruction of the team spirit that we had in 2010/2011.

QPR have a tradition of appointing CEO’s who do not have a football background. This could be a reason as to why we have recruited so many players who have not been up to the job. When Gold and Sullivan took ownership of West Ham they went out and appointed Karen Brady (not everybody’s cup of tea) as their Vice Chairman. Where would QPR for example be now if they had appointed someone like David Dein onto the board? (I am not saying that he would have kept us up, but I suspect that we would have told Fernandes that we wouldn’t have needed to sign Cesar when we already had Rob Green.)

The board have gained experience of running a Football club which is very different to running the successful businesses that they run. I just hope that before we start the clear out that the board appoint someone to the board with Football knowledge; otherwise the learning curve will continue with the board, as they enter a new phase of running a football club in the Championship, which is a different proposition to running one in the Premiership. I just hope that they get the Season Ticket prices right for 2013/14.

We are a club that is in transition and I genuinely believe that our medium/long term future is bright with the new infrastructure that Tony Fernandes is building. My biggest concern is the short-term future; the board need to appoint a Board member with football expertise before we embark on another round of transfer activity before the start of the 2013/14 season. My heart says that we will win the Championship by a canter next season but my head says that we will be fortunate to make the play-offs.

Welcome to the messageboard. You sum up pretty much how i feel except perhaps more optimistic about next season.
More important that who is the manager... on 15:21 - Apr 21 with 1751 viewswombat

More important that who is the manager... on 15:08 - Apr 21 by QPR_Jim

Welcome to the messageboard. You sum up pretty much how i feel except perhaps more optimistic about next season.

Good first post and nice to see some proper cheese being eaten for a change .

Do hope we are talking a nice aged cheddar and not this mucky mid range supermarket soapy rubbish on offer these days

Poll: which is your favouite foot

More important that who is the manager... on 16:14 - Apr 21 with 1729 viewspeejaybee

More important that who is the manager... on 12:23 - Apr 21 by RANGERBRENT

Seems well thought out. Welcome Aboard.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024