Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes - I made mistakes...... 16:51 - May 24 with 1393 viewsNov77

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8732944/?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 16:52 - May 24 with 1374 viewskropotkin41

I'd like to stop hearing about how mistakes were made and hear about them getting their marching orders instead.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 16:53 - May 24 with 1364 viewsNorthernr

Giving more autonomy to our CEO could well be his next one.
Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 16:57 - May 24 with 1341 viewsNov77

Don't we need a full time chairman? All I ever read about tony is he's somewhere else in the world focusing on air Asia, caterham or the apprentice, how much time can he devote to this basket case of a club?

No wonder they're all taking the piss, theres no real authority figure at the club handling matters on a day to day basis.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 17:03 - May 24 with 1309 viewsStraightR

Thing is though, being a chairman is not normally a full time job. Running the business is a matter for the CEO - working to a strategy set by the Board under the chairman. I think Fernandes is right in the principle of devolving more autonomy to the CEO. The question is more whether our CEO has the skill set to run this business. IMO of course.
Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 17:04 - May 24 with 1308 viewsNorthernr

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 16:57 - May 24 by Nov77

Don't we need a full time chairman? All I ever read about tony is he's somewhere else in the world focusing on air Asia, caterham or the apprentice, how much time can he devote to this basket case of a club?

No wonder they're all taking the piss, theres no real authority figure at the club handling matters on a day to day basis.

Not if the bloke running the joint on a day to day basis is a sharp operator. Otherwise, yes.
Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 17:05 - May 24 with 1300 viewsbosh67

Good, so if we helped get the kit right can we also run the team now?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 02:51 - May 25 with 1101 viewsHooparoo

The club was really well run when Amit's mate Sakshena was CEO. For the first time for ages it seemed we had a plan and were executing it well. Now we just look amateur again.

Get him back.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 12:10 - May 25 with 889 viewsSpiritofGregory

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 02:51 - May 25 by Hooparoo

The club was really well run when Amit's mate Sakshena was CEO. For the first time for ages it seemed we had a plan and were executing it well. Now we just look amateur again.

Get him back.

Don't know why we ever replaced these two. Madness.
Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 12:44 - May 25 with 832 viewsNov77

Just seen these quotes from TF presumably from the same interview:

"We did a lot of things wrong and I f***** up," Fernandes said.
"With all due respect if I'd been every day at Loftus Road, I dare say it would have been a bit different"

He's off now doing the Asian apprentice. The rest of the time seems to be spent with air Asia or caterham, despite all of our problems he doesn't seem to devote any extra time to us.

Does he really expect anything to change? Flavio was despised but I bet he spent far more time at the club than tony has, I used to regularly see flavio at reserve team games.

Delegating everything to beard has failed, and he is talking about giving him more autonomy? Madness.

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 12:44 - May 25 with 832 viewsTHEBUSH

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 16:57 - May 24 by Nov77

Don't see why TF has to be full time at Loftus Road, that would be crazy, he has a business to run and make more money for our huge debts !!

What with the internet, Skype etc., communications are easy today.

It would worry me more, if our manager wasn't available for training every day or at least 75% of the time.
Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 13:07 - May 25 with 782 viewstiberiuskirk

He says he needs to be around more but then says ''we have to give more autonomy to our CEO ( very worrying ) at QPR, and Harry and the management team '' ?

He says "I think the things we have done successfully is we have listened to the fans. Look at the kit next season, it is what the fans want '' But he didnt listen before, during, or since on the issue of the family stand in the lower loft not being the right place for it. And since lotto took over the kit, a number of us of larger builds have not been able to buy shirts that fit, we go round in kits several years old, and it is lost revenue for the club ..... Didnt listen on that either !

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 13:11 - May 25 with 768 viewsSpiritofGregory

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 12:44 - May 25 by THEBUSH

Don't see why TF has to be full time at Loftus Road, that would be crazy, he has a business to run and make more money for our huge debts !!

What with the internet, Skype etc., communications are easy today.

It would worry me more, if our manager wasn't available for training every day or at least 75% of the time.

The chairman doesn't necessarily have to be the owner. Abramovic is the owner of Chelsea not the chairman. Bruce Buck is the chairman and a fan, his position is a full time role. The chairman needs to be devoted to the club and up to date with all matters relating to football.
Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 13:12 - May 25 with 767 viewsTacticalR

Everything depends on judgement.

I once worked at a small company where the owner was involved in every little decision. One day, either because he had decided himself he was micro-managing, or someone had told him he was micro-managing, or possibly as a prelude to selling the company, he decided to take a 'hands off' approach. Now he stayed in his office all day and did nothing, even when some of his managers used their 'right to manage' to treat staff badly (while the owner happily maintained that the company was a friendly place), or his sales staff promised the customer things that couldn't be delivered. He had gone from one extreme to another, yet in both cases his poor judgement ensured that the company didn't function well.

Air hostess clique

Fernandes - I made mistakes...... on 13:29 - May 25 with 742 viewsTacticalR

Another thing...it's fairly obvious that giving more power to a man who said we couldn't be relegated at the beginning of the season isn't going to work.

Air hostess clique

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024