Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland 18:34 - Aug 22 with 23239 viewsLaudrup

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-midfielde

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland

22 Aug 2013 18:23

There have been suggestions the South Korean could leave on a loan basis just 12 months on from a then club-record move from Celtic

Swansea City star Ki Sung Yueng takes on Norwich

Ki Seung-Yeung has been linked with a move away from the Liberty Stadium after Sunderland emerged as a potential suitor for the Swansea City star.

Midfield Ki has slipped down the pecking order at the Swans following Michael Laudrup's summer acquisitions of Jose Canas and Jonjo Shelvey in the middle.

And there have been suggestions the South Korean could leave on a loan basis just 12 months on from a then club-record move from Celtic, the 24-year-old left out of the matchday squad for Swansea's Europa League first-leg play-off clash with Petrolul Ploiesti.

Ki signed in a £5.5m move from the SPL giants but to date has only ever delivered glimpses of his form that made him such a hit in Glasgow as well as his home country.

And he could be allowed to leave the Swans, with Laudrup also revealing out-of-favour striker Luke Moore is on the verge of a move to Elazigspor, the Dane confirming he is in talks over a free move to the Turkish outfit.

Laudrup also said Leroy Lita and Curtis Obeng will be granted free transfers if they can find new clubs.

And while he denied reports of Roland Lamah joining FC Copenhagen, he did pour doubt on the Belgium winger's Liberty future after admitting the loan signing from Osasuna had flopped in South Wales.

Lamah was named on the bench to face Petrolul, but Laudrup said: “Roland is in our squad right now, but we will have to see what happens in the last ten days.
“I will talk to the player and see what he wants to do.
“He hasn't been playing until now and he didn't play so much last season - less than probably he expected.
“When you bring in a player you always hope that he plays a lot, score goals or defend perfectly or whatever.
“You can use a certain number of players and then there are players who play less than he expects and this the case with Roland. But he's here and I can't say he will leave to another club.”

I hate signatures

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:58 - Aug 23 with 4403 viewswr72

If Hernandez has been given a chance to prove himself after a disappointing first season then so should KI.Unless we need the money to buy someone else,of course.

4.5m should do it.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:03 - Aug 23 with 4389 viewsUxbridge

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:58 - Aug 23 by wr72

If Hernandez has been given a chance to prove himself after a disappointing first season then so should KI.Unless we need the money to buy someone else,of course.

4.5m should do it.

We're not really equating Ki's performances last season to Pablo's are we?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:05 - Aug 23 with 4384 viewsJokeren1943

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:51 - Aug 23 by JonTheJack

I'll be disappointed if he leaves. He clearly has potential, but we can't afford to keep giving him chances if he doesn't perform regularly.

Our midfield has just completely phased him out because we're so blessed for options.

Right now he is third after Shelvey and Guzman.

He seem to lack confidence. And in a league where every game is so important we need all players playing 110 %. Ki do not do that.

I think Ki would be a fantastic player if we gave him Shelveys position for 15-20 matchs. I actually think he would turn out to be outstanding. But the reality we do not have that possiblity.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:06 - Aug 23 with 4381 viewsNeath_Jack

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:58 - Aug 23 by wr72

4.5m should do it.

Who are you going to drop to give him his chance to prove himself? And it's pointless saying give him the cup games to prove himself, as the cup isnt the league, completely different imo. The only reason i see it worth keeping him for, is if he's going to play in all the domestic cup games to give our stronger players a rest.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:08 - Aug 23 with 4372 viewswr72

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:03 - Aug 23 by Uxbridge

We're not really equating Ki's performances last season to Pablo's are we?

Both flattered to decieve.Don't you think so?
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:13 - Aug 23 with 4367 viewswr72

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:06 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

Who are you going to drop to give him his chance to prove himself? And it's pointless saying give him the cup games to prove himself, as the cup isnt the league, completely different imo. The only reason i see it worth keeping him for, is if he's going to play in all the domestic cup games to give our stronger players a rest.

You just answered your own question.Have you seen the amount of games we're gonna play this season.Every squad player will play his part including Ki hopefully.There's loads to come from this lad yet and with the extra competition for places then it just might spur him on to better things.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:20 - Aug 23 with 4348 viewsUxbridge

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:08 - Aug 23 by wr72

Both flattered to decieve.Don't you think so?

Not really, no. I also don't think it's the right question.

Pablo had some excellent games last season and a few shockers. When on form he was unplayable (WBA, Chelsea). Long thought his lack of pre-season had a major effect on his form after coming back from injury. Either way he was still a first choice player.

Ki started well enough but simply got overtaken by the squad.

Completely different cases.

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:23 - Aug 23 with 4333 viewsNeath_Jack

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:13 - Aug 23 by wr72

You just answered your own question.Have you seen the amount of games we're gonna play this season.Every squad player will play his part including Ki hopefully.There's loads to come from this lad yet and with the extra competition for places then it just might spur him on to better things.

Ah now if we're talking he's a squad player then thats different. But people are talking like he'd be a loss to our first team, he wouldn't, he's behind Shelvey, Canas, Leon and JDG for what is essentially 2 starting berths. I don't get all this give him a chance rubbish, he had more than his chance last year, he's not up to the Premier League standard of this team imo.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:27 - Aug 23 with 4323 viewswr72

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:20 - Aug 23 by Uxbridge

Not really, no. I also don't think it's the right question.

Pablo had some excellent games last season and a few shockers. When on form he was unplayable (WBA, Chelsea). Long thought his lack of pre-season had a major effect on his form after coming back from injury. Either way he was still a first choice player.

Ki started well enough but simply got overtaken by the squad.

Completely different cases.

Well,we'll have to agree to disagree then as i thought both players struggled, in the main, in their debut seasons wit us.My point was Pablo was no better than Ki yet he's been given his chance from the off and it's paying off.I was surmising that Ki might just do the same.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:30 - Aug 23 with 4315 viewsSenhin

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:30 - Aug 22 by Gowerjack

Fantastic player....

Despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Still it's all about opinions I suppose.

Where's all this evidence to the contrary? Everyone's just decided he loses the ball all the time and only passes backwards, yet all of his stats from last year showed that that just wasn't true at all.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:30 - Aug 23 with 4315 viewsUxbridge

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:27 - Aug 23 by wr72

Well,we'll have to agree to disagree then as i thought both players struggled, in the main, in their debut seasons wit us.My point was Pablo was no better than Ki yet he's been given his chance from the off and it's paying off.I was surmising that Ki might just do the same.

Yep we'll have to disagree on that bit.

I agree with the second part in terms of hoping for an improvement in both this season. Promising signs from Pablo so far that he's back to his best form of last year, which hopefully can be done more frequently. Actually think Ki has shown up well enough in pre season, and was hoping that a proper pre-season after his health and Olympic issues last year would mean we'd see the player we saw glimpses off at the likes of Stoke and Liverpool in the cup. Looks like might not happen though.

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:38 - Aug 23 with 4301 viewsLaudrup

From the Sunderland forum: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/kiiiiiiiiiiiii.800173/page-16#post-15739015

It also occurs to me that Swansea owe us f*cking big time for pulling our pants down over the signing of Danny Graham. If Ki turns out to be shite, I will drive down to the Liberty Stadium and take a massive dump on their centre spot. Welsh fekkers.

I hate signatures

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:39 - Aug 23 with 4298 viewsJonezy

Surely there is need to keep him with the amount of games we will be playing this year?

Squad rotation (especially in midfield) will be crucial.

"Take my hand...."

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:43 - Aug 23 with 4294 viewsRogueTrooper

He was bloody awful at Exeter Pre season, everytime he touched the ball it was the end of a move, however he shows glimpses of promise and can cover at CB at a push, I just wish he would kick out of cruise mode and show some of the flair he has got. Perhaps a loan would be best, just to see if the DiCanio style (I Know) of management can get a tune out of him. If he does well up there then at least the sell on value will go up. Makem Fans will probably be a bit wary of any players from us after DG10

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:47 - Aug 23 with 4283 viewscockneyswan

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:39 - Aug 23 by DafyddHuw

Why? What's he ever done for the Mackems except fail to show why they paid £5M for him?

Maybe a season out on loan would be good for Ki. Thought that if he got a run this season and he felt settletd in the team, and more improtantly, wanted by the club, then he'd start showing what he could do for us on a regular basis.

Strange how he was so good at Celtic, but has only been a shodow of that here. Our midfield is so strong these days though, you have to be reallly exceptional to even get on the bench. (never thought I'd live to say that about the Swans).

Celtic (as with the rest of the SPL ) is only a shadow of what it once was, I think Celtic are only equal to a good Championship side these days, hence although Ki might have been a bit of a "star" at Celtic he has not been able to replicate that form for the Swans, I'm sorry for him as I agree technically I think he's great, but not enough "backbone" to cut it for us. I think a sale would be better for us as I think he will also struggle at Sunderland and his value will probably drop.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 12:24 - Aug 23 with 4119 viewsMattG

I'd be disappointed to see him go. As others have said, the potential number of games this season means there could be a lot of rotation in midfield plus he can, at a push, cover CB if there are a couple of injuries in that position.

Unless he's agitating for a move - and I've not heard anything to suggest he is - then I'd prefer to keep him. Unless we've got our eye on a loan striker with high wages, I can't imagine that we need the money for another transfer so what would be the point?
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 12:40 - Aug 23 with 4102 viewsLaudrup

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 11:39 - Aug 23 by Jonezy

Surely there is need to keep him with the amount of games we will be playing this year?

Squad rotation (especially in midfield) will be crucial.

Maybe, maybe not.

If you divide the 1st team squad up into positions, the central midfield is the only place with more than two players per position. If you put JdG, JJ and Ki as CM. It's the only position with 3 players in the 1st team squad, while every other position has 2 players except for Bony as the only real striker.

GK: Vorm, Tremmel
RB: Rangel, Jazz
2x CB: Chico, Williams, Amat, Monk
LB: Taylor, Davies
DM: Canas, Britton
CM: JdG, JJ, Ki
AM: Michu, Alex
RW: Pablo, Dyer
LW: Routledge, Lamah
ST: Bony

Laudrup has always said he prefers a small but competitive squad with two players with a realistic chance of playing in each position.
A lot also depends on in what positions there will be longer term injuries.

The World Cup is coming up next summer and Ki recently lost his spot in the Korean national team after some negative comments he made.
If he wants a chance of getting back into the Korean team for the World Cup he needs to play regularly this season.
So it might be Ki asking to be sent out on loan this season as he has seen both new signings Shelvey and Canas coming in above him in the midfield pecking order, while JdG and Britton are also both ahead of him. For the DM/CM positions Ki is only 5th choice at the moment behind these other 4 players, so it doesn't look like he will get much game time this season at Swansea. Often there won't even be room for him on the bench as we have already seen.
Last year he was almost guaranteed at least a place on the bench when fit, only Kemy was competing with Britton, JdG and Ki for spots in the matchday squad really. But things have looked much different at the start of this season, with JJ and Canas coming in and doing very well and only Kemy going the other way.
And moving Michu back to AM more regularly this season and also bringing in Alex has made Ki's chances of game-time even smaller.

I hate signatures

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 13:00 - Aug 23 with 4069 viewsyescomeon

I'd be dissapointed to loan out Ki after taking de Guzman on loan.

Upthecity!

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 13:06 - Aug 23 with 4052 viewsDull1Thomas

Not a fan of Ki but believe he should stay as I can see Shelvey picking up suspensions. (His tackle and reaction to the Romanian player last night might have got a red card in the Prem and deserved a yellow.) That could leave us exposed.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 13:34 - Aug 23 with 4015 viewsSASWANSEA

Laudrup gave the impression that Ki had expressed his wish for more game time in his post match presser, therefor making the Sunderland move a possibility.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 13:49 - Aug 23 with 3983 viewsLaudrup

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 13:34 - Aug 23 by SASWANSEA

Laudrup gave the impression that Ki had expressed his wish for more game time in his post match presser, therefor making the Sunderland move a possibility.

Laudrup talks about Ki's situation 8:50 into this video:

I hate signatures

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 16:38 - Aug 23 with 3881 viewsskippyjack

He'd be a big loss. He's a game changer.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 16:45 - Aug 23 with 3864 viewssomersetsimon

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:51 - Aug 23 by JonTheJack

I'll be disappointed if he leaves. He clearly has potential, but we can't afford to keep giving him chances if he doesn't perform regularly.

Our midfield has just completely phased him out because we're so blessed for options.

That's Ki's problem. He's not a bad player, but he's not as good as any of the alternatives in any of our positions and would probably be 3rd choice DM or CM at the moment.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 16:53 - Aug 23 with 3836 viewsTheFranchise

We brought Shelvey in to be the player Ki was meant to be.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 18:20 - Aug 23 with 3771 viewsaspas45

Hope this is not true- will be a mistake..........

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024