Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best transfer window for Swansea city? 11:01 - Sep 3 with 4425 viewstreboethjack

We've brought in some very good signings both for the current squad and for the future. With all the rumers (once again) of key players leaving we have somehow managed to hold on to them all. How do you feel this one compares to the transfer windows of the past, and do you feel this is our strongest squad across all positions? thoughts?

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 15:08 - Sep 3 with 849 viewsyescomeon

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 15:00 - Sep 3 by shandyjack

"Vasquez is a young player I know from his time at Espanyol and now Getafe," he told the Swans' official website.

read from that that he worked with him, apologies if incorrect.
Still optimistic about the signing

Going from wiki, Vazquez's first season was 09/10 for Espanyol B, Laudrup left Getafe 07/08 and returned to Spain for Mallorca 10/11 at which time Vazquez was playing in the Espanyol first team. If Laudrup knows him it would be from playing against him although I can easily see how you could interpret his words that way. All above is from wiki so may not be 100% accurate.

Upthecity!

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 15:19 - Sep 3 with 825 viewsLaudrup

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 15:00 - Sep 3 by shandyjack

"Vasquez is a young player I know from his time at Espanyol and now Getafe," he told the Swans' official website.

read from that that he worked with him, apologies if incorrect.
Still optimistic about the signing

Laudrup has never worked at Espanyol and he left Getafe several years before Vasquez joined them. So what he meant must have been that he has seen him play for Espanyol and Getafe (and probably Spain's U21) while living in and managing another team in Spain.
Laudrup has also lived in Spain and scouted potential players for coming jobs in between manager jobs.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2013 15:28]

I hate signatures

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 15:24 - Sep 3 with 820 viewsLobo

I'd say this has definitely been the best transfer window for the Swans. We've got cover in every position now and didn't lose any big players. Previously when we've made good signings we've also lost players from the side so it was more like for like changes.

I've heard a lot of people say we should get out of Europe asap because it'll affect our league form but we've got more than enough quality now to rotate and have a team good enough to win on Thursday and win our prem game on the Sunday.
Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 15:32 - Sep 3 with 805 viewsshandyjack

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 15:19 - Sep 3 by Laudrup

Laudrup has never worked at Espanyol and he left Getafe several years before Vasquez joined them. So what he meant must have been that he has seen him play for Espanyol and Getafe (and probably Spain's U21) while living in and managing another team in Spain.
Laudrup has also lived in Spain and scouted potential players for coming jobs in between manager jobs.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2013 15:28]

yeah was just me putting 2 + 2 together and coming up with 5. My bad.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 17:18 - Sep 3 with 752 viewsdgt73

The main thing was we didn't lose Williams and Michu, so for me it was a good day.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024