Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu starting for Spain 19:42 - Oct 11 with 10228 viewsDaithejack

Michu in the starting line up, well done buddy.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Michu starting for Spain on 22:51 - Oct 11 with 2387 viewsLaudrup

Michu starting for Spain on 22:46 - Oct 11 by max936

Taylor played right back, Davies is injured, as is Williams.

What kind of injury does Davies has? Anything serious, or is he just left out because Wales doesn't have any qualification at stake anyway?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2013 22:54]

I hate signatures

Michu starting for Spain on 22:53 - Oct 11 with 2384 viewsKennedy

BtSport had the whole game.

Spain run the show first half until they hit the wall of 7-9 Belarus players. Hardly anyone found any space.

Only when they scored it opened up a little, and then they just tired down after running like idiots for 70 minutes.

Not the best game for him, but hey he got his first Spanish and hopefully a few more will come.

Just call me JFK

Michu starting for Spain on 22:54 - Oct 11 with 2374 viewsPlasticman

Michu starting for Spain on 22:49 - Oct 11 by Laudrup

Where did you see the first half? Was it on any Danish channel?

I'm watching at TV3 Sport 1 and they're only broadcasting the 2nd half - after they had finished broadcasting Germany - Ireland.

stream that was linked to on this forum

Plastic since 2012

Michu starting for Spain on 22:54 - Oct 11 with 2374 viewsKennedy

Ben Davies - Hamstring i heard

Just call me JFK

Michu starting for Spain on 22:57 - Oct 11 with 2344 viewsJackFish

Fantastic and a little surreal to see a Swansea City player starting for the world champions. Hope he gets another game on Tuesday. Don't think Negredo did much better than him but benefitted from having more space to work with once Belarus started attacking.

Côte D'Ivoire are on BT Sport tomorrow as well, 6pm. I assume Bony is in the squad?
Michu starting for Spain on 08:59 - Oct 12 with 1970 views2face

Michu starting for Spain on 22:57 - Oct 11 by JackFish

Fantastic and a little surreal to see a Swansea City player starting for the world champions. Hope he gets another game on Tuesday. Don't think Negredo did much better than him but benefitted from having more space to work with once Belarus started attacking.

Côte D'Ivoire are on BT Sport tomorrow as well, 6pm. I assume Bony is in the squad?

Regarding Michu playing CF as opposed to AM.

We all know he's not a CF. He is best as an AM or a second striker. Michu himself has said it numerous times. But because he scores goals, people tend to think that he must be a striker. Even though it doesn't work that way. Nobody on here should be surprised that he didn't score yesterday. He hasn't scored a single goal for us as CF this season.

But the competition for AM on the Spanish team is just too high. And managers don't expect AM's to score. So he doesn't have an advantage over the other AMs in the Spain squad, even if he's the most freescoring AM in the world right now. So his best shot at playing for Spain was probably always going to be as a striker. If he doesn't get a call up again, it's good that he got that experience at least once since it has been his childhood dream.

Perhaps if he keeps on scoring for Swansea and people get to know him more in general, people outside Swansea might eventually understand the "really difficult" concept that he's a goal scoring AM and see the value in that. Maybe he can even explain it to Del Bosque himself.

Regardless I must say it was a pretty awesome experience to see a Swansea player with the world champions.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2013 9:01]
Michu starting for Spain on 09:02 - Oct 12 with 1961 viewsjacksfullaces

struggled to get involved unfortunately - a bit like Southampton on Sunday.

reckon Spain won't do the kneejerk thing that England do - they have already showed that they are bringing him in because of his performances over a long period - and not just cos he had 1-2 decent matches for a big club (Sterling, Townsend, even Shelvey!!)

that said, I hope Michu is just having a little blip, maybe that bump on his head has had more of an effect than we know?
Michu starting for Spain on 09:26 - Oct 12 with 1933 viewsdameedna

It has become normal to see plastics on our site and now i am a plastic spain fan. went for a few jars with michu's mate last night funny feeling to be following one of our players playing for spain

can't wait for the world cup - brazil - go and follow spain - happy
Login to get fewer ads

Michu starting for Spain on 19:55 - Oct 13 with 1553 viewsduckling

For Michu to get sucess with ESP he'll probably need to play against a team having the ball 40%^ so he can catch some offguard or play rotations with a player like Fabregas switching spots at the field repeatedly
Michu starting for Spain on 14:19 - Oct 14 with 1431 viewsPlasticman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2458490/Michu-plans-leave-Swan

Nice words to hear (but the link itself looks like it is an article about the opposite of what he actually states). Also, I couldn't help but notice the difference between what Michu says in these regards compared to what Vorm states when asked about these kind of things.

Plastic since 2012

Michu starting for Spain on 14:42 - Oct 14 with 1395 viewsmonmouth

Does anyone really still worry about what players say? They have the power to basically do what they like when they like and will change their mind in a heartbeat. Better to just ignore it and enjoy watching whilst they're here. Of course if they are capable of playing in a top team and they are wanted they will go there, whatever they say to the contrary. Who wouldn't?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michu starting for Spain on 14:45 - Oct 14 with 1389 viewsDarran

Michu starting for Spain on 14:42 - Oct 14 by monmouth

Does anyone really still worry about what players say? They have the power to basically do what they like when they like and will change their mind in a heartbeat. Better to just ignore it and enjoy watching whilst they're here. Of course if they are capable of playing in a top team and they are wanted they will go there, whatever they say to the contrary. Who wouldn't?

Innit there's no way Michu would want to play for someone like Barcelona when he can play for Swansea.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Michu starting for Spain on 14:52 - Oct 14 with 1375 viewsPlasticman

Michu starting for Spain on 14:42 - Oct 14 by monmouth

Actually Michu wouldn't ;)

Granted, it was the rival club of his childhood club and I reckon Swansea isn't as dear to his heart as Oviedo, but it show that money isn't everything for some of them :P
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 14:52]

Plastic since 2012

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024