Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flares? 18:16 - Oct 21 with 7414 viewstrolley_jack

Just wondering peoples veiws on flares at football game? Obviously not throwing them at officials. I personally thought they looked impressive when the swiss came to town in a night match. Lets get the jokes about flared trousers out the way early.
Flares? on 21:51 - Oct 22 with 1176 viewspencoedjack

Flares? on 14:45 - Oct 22 by Portland_Jack

I dont think that flares being thrown is any good, or even being held by fans in amoungst everyone, but if you have a couple of them set up at the front of thr crowd, it works really well. We have them here in Portland, and it adds something to the atmospehre. They have like a hollowed out log which they put some stuff in which gives coloured smoke.

Imagine home to Cardiff and we score and up goes a black and a white smoke. Would be amazing.

A lot of great points on here, but I think for the atmosphere, if we had safe standing and the smoke, it would be a great way of getting the atmosphere going. I wrote a few words about it before....
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/blogs/10/what-could-the-premie

Might as well have fuking cheerleaders when we come out too
Flares? on 22:40 - Oct 22 with 1149 viewsDull1Thomas

I remember a game in the Vetch where everything went multi coloured ... but was the late 60s
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 22:40]

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Flares? on 22:46 - Oct 22 with 1146 viewsSwanseajill

Flares? on 20:18 - Oct 21 by Jackfath

I think if it's safely done then it's ok. Perhaps the club could employ a "flare steward" to set some off.

I wouldn' t mind a pound for every flares I've turned into straight legs in the past!
Flares? on 22:54 - Oct 22 with 1137 viewsDarran

Flares? on 22:46 - Oct 22 by Swanseajill

I wouldn' t mind a pound for every flares I've turned into straight legs in the past!

Oxford Bags.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Flares? on 23:24 - Oct 22 with 1124 viewsChief

Flares? on 14:19 - Oct 22 by Flashberryjack

And if we had the loudest fans in the league, and the best team, best stadium etc.
I wonder what the f*ck you would moan about then.

In answer to the OP...... I hate flares, the acrid smoke really irritates my chest, I dread to think what it does to asthmatics.
And the lunatic suggestion to allow flares in a none smoking stadium is behond belief.

god theres some boring old farts on here.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024