Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lancashire Senior Cup v Blackburn 16:39 - Oct 29 with 2878 viewsDickydaler

I'm sure anyone interested will already know the result and there will probably be a report on the OS shortly. We lost 3.2 but any neutral there could be forgiven in thinking Blackburn were playing in blue and black.
I think I'm right in saying non of the Dale starting eleven today started on Saturday, but with the standard of play this afternoon practically everyone of them would not look out of place in the first team starting line up. Even when the likes of Done, Tutte and Hery were substituted in the second half their replacements just carried on where they had left off without the standards dropping. I don't think I have ever seen such strength in depth at Rochdale before.
I talked to a couple of Blackburn fans after the match and they were mighty impressed by the Dale style of play, so its not just me having a biased view!
Incidentally, we were very unlucky not to have been awarded a penalty late in the second half; and there was a very suspect offside that was not givenleading up to their second goal!
Even though we lost, well done Dale!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2013 19:00]
Lancashire Senior Cup v Blackburn on 17:11 - Oct 29 with 2830 viewsmacro

Bunney and cannon scored for dale
Lancashire Senior Cup v Blackburn on 17:34 - Oct 29 with 2778 viewsD_Dale

Brief report now on OS - http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/lsc-blackburn-1143085.aspx Years ago the LSC seemed to be taken more seriously, at least by the smaller clubs. I remember a night match in the 1960s when Dale beat Everton with a last-minute Ronnie Cairns goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024