Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is at fault? 09:14 - Nov 4 with 5784 viewsshandyjack

I can only point the finger at one person over the last few weeks and ML has to take 90% of the blame for the ineptness of the last few terrible performances.
He sat on the bench the whole of yesterdays game, showing no passions for the game, compare him to Mackay who showed the passion that his players must of fed of.

Anyone notice Williams giving the bench a bollocking as soon as the goal was scored, telling them to get Michu off as we were playing with 10 men for 15 mins at start of the 2nd half.

I just hope that ML is as good a manager as i think he is and develops a plan B for these so called bigger games as Michu up top DOES NOT work.

I reallt hope we see a rocket fired up the players for this week, and Poz gets 2 games starting inbehind Bony. But i fear we will see that for the Kuban game but then revert back to norm for stoke

Poll: Expectation for the season

Who is at fault? on 09:17 - Nov 4 with 4510 viewsfbreath

Surely plan B's should be in place before the season starts not after 10 games

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Who is at fault? on 09:20 - Nov 4 with 4493 viewsshandyjack

Who is at fault? on 09:17 - Nov 4 by fbreath

Surely plan B's should be in place before the season starts not after 10 games

you'd like to think so but there is no evidence of this

Who is at fault? on 09:32 - Nov 4 with 4439 viewsorion3016

I think the charisma for the media is all great but the passion & ability to influence the team in the heat of the moment leaves a lot to be desired

Be over there now after

Who is at fault? on 09:33 - Nov 4 with 4438 viewsJackFish

Was Williams bollocking the bench because it took so long to make the sub, or because Vazquez was coming on and not Bony? Definitely looked like ML changed his mind after Williams had gone over.
Who is at fault? on 09:34 - Nov 4 with 4428 viewsshandyjack

Who is at fault? on 09:33 - Nov 4 by JackFish

Was Williams bollocking the bench because it took so long to make the sub, or because Vazquez was coming on and not Bony? Definitely looked like ML changed his mind after Williams had gone over.

True, Vazquez was stripped and about to come on, but doubt it was for Michu as he is ML golden child and will never be subbed unless he has to be

Who is at fault? on 09:37 - Nov 4 with 4416 viewsDarran

So there's only one person to blame for 90% of the problems?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who is at fault? on 09:38 - Nov 4 with 4397 viewsperchrockjack

Who know daz.Stats and all that.
Fact is that its a collective issue

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Who is at fault? on 09:41 - Nov 4 with 4388 viewsshandyjack

Who is at fault? on 09:37 - Nov 4 by Darran

lol, yeah that don't make sense reading it back. Ok, i believe he is 90% to blame at the moment, the other 10% being the players. The passion, desire and tactics start with the manager, if the wrong players and tactics are being selected then straight away it affects the players on the pitch. We knew it was going to be a congested midfield, so what did Laudrup do, select an extra midfield player, essentially at times when Michu was dropping deeper than Shelvey and JDG to recieve the ball we had no go to man up top to play off, so even if the wingers were beating the man on the flanks they would have no one to whip the ball into

Login to get fewer ads

Who is at fault? on 11:15 - Nov 4 with 4278 viewsChief

something definitely not right at the club at the moment. we are lacking something. and I for one am starting to get a bit worried. hard to see where the next goal is coming from.

but its not just the attacking players at fault, some of our defending this season has been shocking aswell

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Who is at fault? on 11:27 - Nov 4 with 4227 viewsSikko

Who is at fault? on 11:15 - Nov 4 by Chief

something definitely not right at the club at the moment. we are lacking something. and I for one am starting to get a bit worried. hard to see where the next goal is coming from.

but its not just the attacking players at fault, some of our defending this season has been shocking aswell

Maybe swans should have 3-6 more points at this time in season but i dont understand the panicking. It must be expected that some points will be lost due to the fact they also got European campaign to think about. Im sure it takes some energy out of the team for the PL matches.
Who is at fault? on 11:34 - Nov 4 with 4189 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who is at fault? on 11:27 - Nov 4 by Sikko

Maybe swans should have 3-6 more points at this time in season but i dont understand the panicking. It must be expected that some points will be lost due to the fact they also got European campaign to think about. Im sure it takes some energy out of the team for the PL matches.

A lot of fans have been concerned in the back of their minds about our performances of late and the Cardiff debacle has just pushed that into extreme focus. We used to despatch sides like that with ease but no longer.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who is at fault? on 11:41 - Nov 4 with 4150 viewsblaine_scfc

Williams went mental because the change wasn't made earlier. I think the only reason he changed mind on subs was due to us conceding the goal. I think Vasquez was coming on to replace a tiring player and Bony would come on with 10/15 minutes to go to nick the game if goal didn't come. As soon as Taylor give them that corner I knew what was coming.
Who is at fault? on 11:42 - Nov 4 with 4141 viewsfbreath

So based on how everyone is feeling about things so far this season. What is going to be an acceptable outcome at the end of the season.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Who is at fault? on 11:48 - Nov 4 with 4123 viewsSikko

Who is at fault? on 11:34 - Nov 4 by Brynmill_Jack

A lot of fans have been concerned in the back of their minds about our performances of late and the Cardiff debacle has just pushed that into extreme focus. We used to despatch sides like that with ease but no longer.

Maybe its you and your fellow fans perception that an away game against Cardiff should be a walkover that is the problem.

It might as well have been a draw or even win for Swans.
Who is at fault? on 11:49 - Nov 4 with 4117 viewsJackanapes

Why does someone need to be at fault? As far as I can see we have done about the same in the league each season. Whats happening each season is that we are expecting more and more. Why would we expect to develop any more than any other club in a similar situation? There are 20 teams in the league. To come in to the league and do better than half of them is no mean achievement.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Who is at fault? on 11:53 - Nov 4 with 4095 viewsjacksinceever

Who is at fault? on 09:37 - Nov 4 by Darran

ML's tactics and team selection have been puzzling of late.
That said, the 11 on the field need to show a passion and desire to win.
Shared responsibilty.
They all need to re-examine what's happening and get it sorted soon.
Who is at fault? on 11:56 - Nov 4 with 4081 viewsJackanapes

So how have our tactics changed since last season then?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Who is at fault? on 11:58 - Nov 4 with 4073 viewsSwanseajill

Who is at fault? on 11:42 - Nov 4 by fbreath

So based on how everyone is feeling about things so far this season. What is going to be an acceptable outcome at the end of the season.

To be honest I would accept the league position we hold currently.
But as far as getting value for money, if we continue to play as we have done for some time now....tickets should be reduced a tad.
Got to get that passion back! I ...need to get that passion back, it's still there lurking around somewhere.
Win, lose or draw, if we can 'entertain' it helps if the result goes badly.
Who is at fault? on 12:31 - Nov 4 with 3978 viewsmonmouth

Who is at fault? on 11:58 - Nov 4 by Swanseajill

To be honest I would accept the league position we hold currently.
But as far as getting value for money, if we continue to play as we have done for some time now....tickets should be reduced a tad.
Got to get that passion back! I ...need to get that passion back, it's still there lurking around somewhere.
Win, lose or draw, if we can 'entertain' it helps if the result goes badly.

There's not much enjoyment around at the moment. Not sure if that is just a problem with the PL anyway (the points total outcomes are overpowering) but most of the enjoyment comes after a positive result for me these days, rather than during the game. Every year I try and just take each game as a one off and enjoy it for its own sake, but I'm always reflexively thinking about league positions and points totals. I do my own head in sometimes to be honest.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Who is at fault? on 12:44 - Nov 4 with 3918 viewshammy

45+ points in the PL, finishing somewhere between 10th and 15th.
Qualifying for the knock out stages of the EL and putting up a good fight against a European heavyweight.

A good FA cup run would be a bonus.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Who is at fault? on 14:18 - Nov 4 with 3671 viewsblaenaugwentjack

At the moment pl survival, maybe im a little pesermistic at mo, but the way things are going just staying up would be seen as a result. I will whisper this but, i think the quicker we are out of europe the better. Europe is hurting us.
Who is at fault? on 14:22 - Nov 4 with 3649 viewsjruss1

Europe is not hurting is. We've won two away games on the back away games in Europe. We had a free week before this game, how did it even contribute?

I've already said it but my concern is the players know ML won't be around next season and don't have the desire to play for him anymore.
Who is at fault? on 14:24 - Nov 4 with 3638 viewslatchford

From what I hear, a lot of players are not happy with Laudrup at all. Bony for one. And who can blame him? He`s not really had a good run in the team. All centre forwards need that
Who is at fault? on 14:26 - Nov 4 with 3632 viewsMillJack

"He sat on the bench the whole of yesterdays game, showing no passions for the game, compare him to Mackay who showed the passion that his players must of fed of."

One of my absolute pet-hates is when people associate a manager ranting and raving on the touchline as some sort of requirement for the job.

All the work should be done on the training ground, it's the players responsibility to ensure that all plans are put into action once they're out on the pitch. Whether that is being done to a suitable standard at the moment is a different argument but waving your arms and screaming from the touchline just isn't a requirement of a good manager.

Other than football, in how many sports do you see managers/coaches ranting and raving on the touchline? Rugby? No. Cricket? No. Golf? No. Athletics? No. Shall I go on?? Individual mistakes on the pitch are the individuals responsibility. Team tactics.....well that's a different matter and I would probably suggest that Laudrup is missing a few tricks at the moment, however I have enough faith to believe that he'll get things right soon enough and it won't be by turning into some sort of Martin O'Neill figure on the touchline.
Who is at fault? on 15:07 - Nov 4 with 3520 viewsperchrockjack

If your team is not doing the business then it should show on the face of the manager. Its basic human nature really.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024