Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
...blog on Swansea City, being a fan 14:26 - Nov 9 with 1794 viewspierre91

...as it says on the tin, if you fancy a quick read. Thanks.

http://pierre91.blogspot.co.uk/
...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 14:38 - Nov 9 with 1776 viewsJackanapes

birtspeak

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 14:55 - Nov 9 with 1758 viewsexiledclaseboy

From what I can tell from the reduced amount of time I spend on here these days, being a Swansea City fan mostly involves hating yourself, everyone else and mostly hating having to watch Swansea City. I came to the conclusion years ago that Swans fans will never be happy regardless of how much success we have. Now I've come to the conclusion that we don't actually want to be happy because we've no idea how to deal with it.

Poll: Tory leader

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 14:59 - Nov 9 with 1756 viewsJackanapes

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 14:55 - Nov 9 by exiledclaseboy

From what I can tell from the reduced amount of time I spend on here these days, being a Swansea City fan mostly involves hating yourself, everyone else and mostly hating having to watch Swansea City. I came to the conclusion years ago that Swans fans will never be happy regardless of how much success we have. Now I've come to the conclusion that we don't actually want to be happy because we've no idea how to deal with it.

Succinctly put.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 18:40 - Nov 9 with 1716 viewspierre91

...bizarrely, you BOTH make a more than accurate point.

Imagine this - were we to beat Stoke tomorrow with a Bony header proving the winning goal it'd be a delight to come on here and watch somebody point out that we've swerved away from our usual style and were somewhat "lucky".
...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 20:21 - Nov 9 with 1686 viewsDJack

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 18:40 - Nov 9 by pierre91

...bizarrely, you BOTH make a more than accurate point.

Imagine this - were we to beat Stoke tomorrow with a Bony header proving the winning goal it'd be a delight to come on here and watch somebody point out that we've swerved away from our usual style and were somewhat "lucky".

You forgot the "he's not worth 12million", "rubbish Jason Scotland" etc

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 20:25 - Nov 9 with 1676 viewsmonmouth

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 14:55 - Nov 9 by exiledclaseboy

But you are basing that on a subset of internet sociopaths.

Oh no, hang on, that's what I hear every time in the stadium too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 21:01 - Nov 9 with 1645 viewsJackanapes

The natural state of any football supporter is bitter disappointment whatever the score - Nick Hornby

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 09:28 - Nov 10 with 1575 viewsexiledclaseboy

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 20:25 - Nov 9 by monmouth

But you are basing that on a subset of internet sociopaths.

Oh no, hang on, that's what I hear every time in the stadium too.

A mate of mine, a season ticket holder of long, long standing, has missed most games this season. He left after an hour of the Man Utd game, missed Liverpool because he was away, watched the Arsenal and Sunderland games didn't bother going to the West Ham game and isn't going today because it's "only Stoke". He also bought the three game Europa League ticket but hasn't gone to either of the home games so far.

I can't work it out in any way.

Login to get fewer ads

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 09:31 - Nov 10 with 1569 viewsPhil_S

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 09:28 - Nov 10 by exiledclaseboy

A mate of mine, a season ticket holder of long, long standing, has missed most games this season. He left after an hour of the Man Utd game, missed Liverpool because he was away, watched the Arsenal and Sunderland games didn't bother going to the West Ham game and isn't going today because it's "only Stoke". He also bought the three game Europa League ticket but hasn't gone to either of the home games so far.

I can't work it out in any way.

Why did he leave after an hour of the Man Utd game? Did he need to leave or had he just had enough?
...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 09:35 - Nov 10 with 1566 viewsexiledclaseboy

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 09:31 - Nov 10 by Phil_S

Why did he leave after an hour of the Man Utd game? Did he need to leave or had he just had enough?

Just left, we were either 3-0 or 3-1 down and he decided the game was over. To be fair, he was right but that's not the point.

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 09:37 - Nov 10 with 1558 viewsPhil_S

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 09:35 - Nov 10 by exiledclaseboy

Just left, we were either 3-0 or 3-1 down and he decided the game was over. To be fair, he was right but that's not the point.

Makes no sense to me. Spend the money, watch the games...if he's money to waste I will happily take some off his hands
...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 09:43 - Nov 10 with 1557 viewsmonmouth

...blog on Swansea City, being a fan on 09:35 - Nov 10 by exiledclaseboy

Without getting too metaphysical (lol, I have no real idea if that's the right word), perhaps the journey to the PL and the first season or two were more emotionally engaging than our current incarnation? I can sort of understand that, as it was our little club, scrabbling against the odds that was, to all intents and purposes, "us".

Whereas we are still clearly different, it feels like we are part of the money club now and that the clubs soul isn't quite as exclusively "ours". This is the first year I've seriously thought about not renewing and watching on the telly, because sometimes getting to the games feels like a hassle and I worry more about the result and the stupid table than enjoying the actual football experience. In the end though I realise how much I'd miss it, and some of the people around me.

Or maybe he's just found something more interesting than football to get passionate about.

ps he's not Geoff Thom is he?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024