Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London fans forum last night 06:49 - Nov 23 with 1750 viewsmarchamjack

Anyone there with a report of any interesting snippets?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

London fans forum last night on 08:26 - Nov 23 with 1681 viewsepaul

Nothing new came out of it other than, planning permission is expected in Jan for expansion, although no dates to start itposs 1 or 2 loans, although they still look at players for the long term. Spoken to blackpool about Ince but nothing more than that nothing solid, mind you doubt they'd give to much away. Huw would rather Jazz was in 1st squad than on loan. Huw didt like what Chico did, He backed the manager when it came to not signing Caulker, Trunds, Forbsey and Corney were fukin epic.

Trunds worships the Jackarmy, Forbsey said best time of his career, he loves us too. Corny said Russell was a nutter, in the nicest sense. He was proud to have played for Wales, Trunds said he would have picked Wales over England given a chance. They all said how special we were as a club and how e are such a family club and about the camaraderie that they had as players, and nothing beat running out to hear the North bank roar. Trunds best goal was against Carlisle. Corny's proudest moment was lifting the trophy and he told us what Willy said to the copper, Forbsey spoke about that goal and what it meant.

Brilliant night and good to met so many top jacks

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

London fans forum last night on 08:29 - Nov 23 with 1665 viewsmarchamjack

London fans forum last night on 08:26 - Nov 23 by epaul

Nothing new came out of it other than, planning permission is expected in Jan for expansion, although no dates to start itposs 1 or 2 loans, although they still look at players for the long term. Spoken to blackpool about Ince but nothing more than that nothing solid, mind you doubt they'd give to much away. Huw would rather Jazz was in 1st squad than on loan. Huw didt like what Chico did, He backed the manager when it came to not signing Caulker, Trunds, Forbsey and Corney were fukin epic.

Trunds worships the Jackarmy, Forbsey said best time of his career, he loves us too. Corny said Russell was a nutter, in the nicest sense. He was proud to have played for Wales, Trunds said he would have picked Wales over England given a chance. They all said how special we were as a club and how e are such a family club and about the camaraderie that they had as players, and nothing beat running out to hear the North bank roar. Trunds best goal was against Carlisle. Corny's proudest moment was lifting the trophy and he told us what Willy said to the copper, Forbsey spoke about that goal and what it meant.

Brilliant night and good to met so many top jacks

Cheers (would use thumbs up smiley if we had one)

London fans forum last night on 08:41 - Nov 23 with 1647 viewscockneyswan

Any mention of the DVLA "freebie tickets"?
London fans forum last night on 08:51 - Nov 23 with 1623 viewsDarran

Any sightings of Swanzay seeing as he never misses a Forum?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

London fans forum last night on 09:05 - Nov 23 with 1586 viewshitchinjack

Speakers at the forum were, John Conforth, Lee trundle, Adrian Forbes and Sir Huw.

John was very entertaining and quite a few of his anecdotes of the past involved pub names as a reference points which probably said a lot about the team spirit and ethos at the time.

Forbsey is an extremely intelligent man and came across very well. He spoke about the Bury game and willy's arrest! (Hilarious) He then spoke about some of the goals that he was asked as important goals he scored for the Swans. He then spoke about the connection and affection he, as other players have with Swansea fans. He made it quite clear, that although he had moved on and now employed by Norwich there was no hesitation for him to travel to be at the trust meeting.

Trundle, is a jack through and through. You could just feel his enthusiasm for the club when he spoke. Was very funny - especially the Kenny jacket hotel room story. He said his favourite Swans goal was at the millennium v Carlisle, although the Yeovil goal did get mentioned but I think the streaker got mentioned more!

Huw, what a man. Didn't shy away from any question and answered in my opinion as honestly as he could. Ince definite target. Uncomfortable spending sums of money like they did on Bony but it made business sense for the club, as a goal scorer and would be able to recoup money should he be sold. No tension/rift between him and Laudrup- Laudrup may be there for another year or two then he will be managing someone else. Huw has the future of the club to think about for years and therefore there will be a few disagreements along the way. I was very impressed with how professional Huw was and dealt well with quite a lot of negativity about food, ticket, facilities etc at the Liberty.

A very good evening, and a big thank you to the speakers.
London fans forum last night on 09:08 - Nov 23 with 1575 viewshitchinjack

Ps. None of the panel seem to know what did happen with Leon Knight!!! Ha ha
London fans forum last night on 09:08 - Nov 23 with 1575 views2face

London fans forum last night on 08:29 - Nov 23 by marchamjack

Cheers (would use thumbs up smiley if we had one)

I'll do it for you then
London fans forum last night on 09:11 - Nov 23 with 1565 viewsmarchamjack

London fans forum last night on 09:08 - Nov 23 by 2face

I'll do it for you then

Login to get fewer ads

London fans forum last night on 10:31 - Nov 23 with 1403 viewsAndyNak

Trunds was on great form. When asked if there were any problems with players carrying a bit too much weight in the squad when he was playing, Trunds replied "nah... I never had any problems carrying the other ten players"

Top night , good to catch up with old friends. Thanks to all the organisers!

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

London fans forum last night on 10:53 - Nov 23 with 1352 viewsUxbridge

Top night! Bit more cut and thrust than the relatively sanitised forum at the Lib. Guess drink will do that! Great stories from all.

Poor range of booze though if not an ale drinker, and no buffet. Poor show Stu!!

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

London fans forum last night on 11:14 - Nov 23 with 1299 viewsepaul

London fans forum last night on 10:53 - Nov 23 by Uxbridge

Top night! Bit more cut and thrust than the relatively sanitised forum at the Lib. Guess drink will do that! Great stories from all.

Poor range of booze though if not an ale drinker, and no buffet. Poor show Stu!!

I remember, I remember! could never forget you now mush!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

London fans forum last night on 11:28 - Nov 23 with 1268 viewsUxbridge

London fans forum last night on 11:14 - Nov 23 by epaul

I remember, I remember! could never forget you now mush!

I should hope so too! Catch you later.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

London fans forum last night on 11:33 - Nov 23 with 1254 viewsDarran

London fans forum last night on 11:28 - Nov 23 by Uxbridge

I should hope so too! Catch you later.

Who the f*ck is he?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

London fans forum last night on 13:08 - Nov 23 with 1137 viewsGlyn1

Huw did say that he wished that Jazz was still in our squad. Planning permission for expansion will definitely go through this December or January but he didn't say what would happen then.

There were a lot of questions / criticism of the ticketing system and club website. The point was made about the website that it was from the same company that supplies a lot of other Premier League clubs (e.g. Southampton) and the contract is until 2017.

About the ticketing system, H J was highly critical of the away game in Valencia, saying that even if we didn't have experience of European matches, other PL teams did and "we should have learned from the procedures that they have developed". He said that there would be changes made over the summer but could not go into details.

All in all, it was a good night.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024