Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marine A 23:09 - Dec 5 with 7998 viewsQPRDave

What the hell are these 3 Judges in the High Court thinking of?
To release the name of this Soldier is a complete disgrace and betrayal to him and
the other service men dead and alive who have served and are serving right now.
To say that other convicted murderers are named so this fella should also be named is
ludicrous. This is not a normal murder if that's what they want to call it.
The bloke is paid to kill. He was tried by Court Martial, not a civilian court, so how can these judges rule on this?
Complete joke and these 3 morons have put this brave man and his family in danger, probably for the rest of their lives.........Maybe these 3 Judges should have their anonymity
removed, so we all know who the idiots are.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2013 23:55]
Marine A on 19:25 - Dec 6 with 1436 viewsSnipper

Marine A on 19:21 - Dec 6 by W7Ranger

So snipers pick off random civilians do they?????

Er.... no!

And Marine A didn't kill a civilian either. He killed a Taliban soldier.

This thread makes for depressing reading.
Marine A on 20:13 - Dec 6 with 1394 viewsDoughnut

That's what he was out ther for... To destroy the enemy!! Fighting a war on 2 fronts; Talliban to the front, handwringing PC pen-pushers to the rear. Don't know how our lads do it. You just know that the Lee Rigby murderers will get off with a lesser sentence.
Marine A on 22:32 - Dec 6 with 1347 viewsTW_R

In the end Marine A deliberately dragged an injured man to a location that was out of view of the Camp Bastion cameras. He then shot the bloke in cold blood. After which he was recorded as saying that he had just broken the Geneva convention. Whatever your thoughts are about being a British soldier etc he basically admitted to murdering someone. There was no other conclusion that could have been ascertained by the evidence. He knew what he'd done and had unwittingly admitted to it.
Marine A on 23:03 - Dec 6 with 1324 viewsHoopstar

Justice distinguishes the victims from the perpetrators. You don't achieve justice by killing your enemy in cold blood. The man may have attacked our troops but he had been rendered helpless by our retaliation and was no threat whatsoever in the state he was found and summarily executed by a man who knew what he was doing was wrong as evidenced by the comments regarding the Geneva convention that he made.

We will not win a war through acting in the same way as this enemy. A distinction must be made and we cannot afford to defend men who commit such atrocities. This isn't an army that has been conscripted, these are men who have become soldiers as a professional choice and as such must be treated as such and, as is evidenced, they are made aware of what international law expects of them and when they renege upon this they go against the law and must face its punishment when caused.

I understand they face an awful lot out there but he got off lightly in respect of what he did - if you want to be just then you cannot treat a war as a moral black hole where anything goes.
Marine A on 23:34 - Dec 6 with 1308 viewskensalriser

Marine A on 23:03 - Dec 6 by Hoopstar

Justice distinguishes the victims from the perpetrators. You don't achieve justice by killing your enemy in cold blood. The man may have attacked our troops but he had been rendered helpless by our retaliation and was no threat whatsoever in the state he was found and summarily executed by a man who knew what he was doing was wrong as evidenced by the comments regarding the Geneva convention that he made.

We will not win a war through acting in the same way as this enemy. A distinction must be made and we cannot afford to defend men who commit such atrocities. This isn't an army that has been conscripted, these are men who have become soldiers as a professional choice and as such must be treated as such and, as is evidenced, they are made aware of what international law expects of them and when they renege upon this they go against the law and must face its punishment when caused.

I understand they face an awful lot out there but he got off lightly in respect of what he did - if you want to be just then you cannot treat a war as a moral black hole where anything goes.

Quite.

I'd add that professional soldiers need to follow orders. Once they stop, you no longer have a professional army.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Marine A on 23:50 - Dec 6 with 1299 viewsQPRDave

Marine A on 19:21 - Dec 6 by W7Ranger

So snipers pick off random civilians do they?????

Er.... no!

So matey was a random civilian was he?..I never knew that
Marine A on 23:51 - Dec 6 with 1298 viewsCliff

Marine A on 17:52 - Dec 6 by HollowayRanger

min of 10 years

for doing the world a favour some justice

i bet the morale of the troops is rock bottom right now, and i wonder how the one that filmed it feels

Hopefully he feels proud that he has made the world a better place by ensuring a murderer is brought to justice. That is why are troops are over there after all - to bring justice and democracy.
Marine A on 23:54 - Dec 6 with 1297 viewsQPRDave

Marine A on 22:32 - Dec 6 by TW_R

In the end Marine A deliberately dragged an injured man to a location that was out of view of the Camp Bastion cameras. He then shot the bloke in cold blood. After which he was recorded as saying that he had just broken the Geneva convention. Whatever your thoughts are about being a British soldier etc he basically admitted to murdering someone. There was no other conclusion that could have been ascertained by the evidence. He knew what he'd done and had unwittingly admitted to it.

Marine A should have just left him there
Login to get fewer ads

Marine A on 03:20 - Dec 7 with 1278 viewsthemodfather

to name and put pics up all over the media has put a giant target on him
to my understanding, the incident was in a war zone , they'd been fired on for hours, in heat and probably a worrying situation and in such an environment offering a cup of tea won't do it.
if this modern craze for cameras and whatever wasn't so in demand, the world may not of known of this.
Marine A on 10:25 - Dec 7 with 1249 viewsQPRDave

Marine A on 03:20 - Dec 7 by themodfather

to name and put pics up all over the media has put a giant target on him
to my understanding, the incident was in a war zone , they'd been fired on for hours, in heat and probably a worrying situation and in such an environment offering a cup of tea won't do it.
if this modern craze for cameras and whatever wasn't so in demand, the world may not of known of this.

Agree mod ......Not a normal situation by any stretch of the imagination
Marine A on 11:22 - Dec 7 with 1233 viewsmiddlesexhoop

Marine A on 23:03 - Dec 6 by Hoopstar

Can I come and live in your ideal world mate? What utter nonsense, the man was out there to fight terrorism and sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. ... 42 commando lost 7 men during that tour. Sgt Blackman has been hung out to dry.
Marine A on 11:36 - Dec 7 with 1227 viewsHoopstar

Yes, well the law is in place to force us all into living in accordance with its values and be punished if we trangress its boundaries. Killing a defenceless man is an incredibly clear transgression of these boundaries and is why Blackman is being treated as a murderer, which he is. Do I have sympathy for what he's experienced? Yes. Do I think he should be shown leniency? No. Our soldiers made the decision to do what they do, it is a professional choice. I work with disadvantaged children and I think I do it for good reasons but if that became distorted and I f***ed up then I'd have to accept the responsibility, much as Mr Blackman must for having murdered a man.
Marine A on 11:39 - Dec 7 with 1221 viewsHoopstar

Also, please peruse the history of the world. Fighting fire with fire goes against every principle that may save us...
Marine A on 12:04 - Dec 7 with 1210 viewsmiddlesexhoop

Marine A on 11:39 - Dec 7 by Hoopstar

Also, please peruse the history of the world. Fighting fire with fire goes against every principle that may save us...

I refer you to my earlier comment - can I come and live in your ideal world? They are out there fighting against terrorists that don't acknowledge the existence of the Geneva convention let alone follow its rules, he watched his comrades butchered by these animals who then hung their body parts in trees as a warning. It is very easy to judge from the comfort of your living room with the benefit of hindsight, but you live in a democracy where you can make those judgements and publish them on forums like this because of people like Sgt Blackman RM. Not sure why your job title is relevant to this discussion but well done for working with kids - you are not unique in saying if you messed up at work you'd have to face the consequences that is the same for all of us. However if you work in a war zone where people are trying to kill you day in day out and in some cases succeeding your perspective and decision making responses are a bit different than deciding whether to have a rich tea or digestive with your mug of tea at morning break.
Marine A on 12:23 - Dec 7 with 1190 viewsHoopstar

Marine A on 12:04 - Dec 7 by middlesexhoop

I refer you to my earlier comment - can I come and live in your ideal world? They are out there fighting against terrorists that don't acknowledge the existence of the Geneva convention let alone follow its rules, he watched his comrades butchered by these animals who then hung their body parts in trees as a warning. It is very easy to judge from the comfort of your living room with the benefit of hindsight, but you live in a democracy where you can make those judgements and publish them on forums like this because of people like Sgt Blackman RM. Not sure why your job title is relevant to this discussion but well done for working with kids - you are not unique in saying if you messed up at work you'd have to face the consequences that is the same for all of us. However if you work in a war zone where people are trying to kill you day in day out and in some cases succeeding your perspective and decision making responses are a bit different than deciding whether to have a rich tea or digestive with your mug of tea at morning break.

Yeah sure as long as you understand my world is the "perfect world" where men don't kill each other in cold blood.
Marine A on 12:24 - Dec 7 with 1101 viewsBromleyHoop

Hoopstar you are absolutely right; It is clearly wrong to shoot a defenceless man. Sgt Blackman is a murderer. However if you think that this kind of thing is an isolated incident, it almost certainly isn't. War is a dirty business.

In my opinion the biggest mistake Blackman made is getting sloppy with regard to the technology that is present on the battlefield these days and making sure that if you're going to do something like that against someone who was shooting at you two minutes earlier you make sure you don't get caught doing it.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Marine A on 12:37 - Dec 7 with 1094 viewsmiddlesexhoop

Marine A on 12:23 - Dec 7 by Hoopstar

Yeah sure as long as you understand my world is the "perfect world" where men don't kill each other in cold blood.

Great thanks for the invite - are there also pixies and elves and people bursting into song on their way to the bakers?
Marine A on 12:50 - Dec 7 with 1077 viewsSnipper

Well said mate.
Marine A on 15:35 - Dec 7 with 1052 viewsQPRDave

Marine A on 11:39 - Dec 7 by Hoopstar

Can i ask you where you stand on the question of army snipers.
They can and do kill enemy combatants from a distance. Which means the target can be unarmed and not necessarily in combat action.
That in my view is the same thing as you are saying about killing an unarmed man. So do you want all army trained snipers tried for murder too?
Drones are another weapon that kills enemy combatants not in a direct fire fight, do the operators of these get prosecuted in your world?
Marine A on 18:46 - Dec 7 with 1026 viewsBromleyHoop

Marine A on 15:35 - Dec 7 by QPRDave

Can i ask you where you stand on the question of army snipers.
They can and do kill enemy combatants from a distance. Which means the target can be unarmed and not necessarily in combat action.
That in my view is the same thing as you are saying about killing an unarmed man. So do you want all army trained snipers tried for murder too?
Drones are another weapon that kills enemy combatants not in a direct fire fight, do the operators of these get prosecuted in your world?

http://www.icrc.org/eng/war-and-law/

I suggest you read the link I've attached before you spout any more illinformed rubbish.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2013 18:46]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Marine A on 18:56 - Dec 7 with 1017 viewsNW5Hoop

It's not just liberal do-gooders in their armchairs who said this was murder. It was also the army and the country's most senior military judge. Hence the court martial and the conviction.
Marine A on 18:57 - Dec 7 with 1017 viewsjamois

I've noticed that nowhere on this thread are enemy forces referred to as soldiers. We just use this word 'Taliban,' force-fed us as part of the us vs them dualist narrative that keeps this whole frickin sham going, and makes QPR fans want to off each other in an online verbal pasting. It's pathetic. Do you think these guys emerge from the womb as terrorists, wanting to maim any pretty little white faced anglo saxon they come into contact with? Just like 'our valiant boys' they too are are sold a story that they believe to be true, they believe they are fighting the good fight, with good cause. This is why the Geneva convention exists, because we are a mirror of one another, and there must be rules/laws in place to codify the whole mess or we lose any semblance of dignity we have remaining as a species. The guy murdered someone in cold blood. Simple. Jail. Not on. Not "our poor lad hung out to dry'.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Marine A on 19:37 - Dec 7 with 997 viewsQPRDave

Marine A on 18:46 - Dec 7 by BromleyHoop

http://www.icrc.org/eng/war-and-law/

I suggest you read the link I've attached before you spout any more illinformed rubbish.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2013 18:46]

...perhaps you'd like to explain to me how people like you can sit in a comfy armchair and criticise brave men for doing their job.
I ain't reading any ol b*llocks you are putting up ...you and the other lefty touchy feelies
are complaining about an unarmed man being taken out of the theatre of war...then i am asking why snipers are not being accused of the same ?
[Post edited 7 Dec 2013 19:56]
Marine A on 20:02 - Dec 7 with 977 viewsHollowayRanger

i guess some on here would still like the surrivers of bomber command to be put on trial and put in prison

war is war kill or be killed

what would you have him do give first aid save the scums life so he can get beter then try and kill our soldiers again!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Marine A on 20:28 - Dec 7 with 960 viewsQPRDave

Marine A on 20:02 - Dec 7 by HollowayRanger

i guess some on here would still like the surrivers of bomber command to be put on trial and put in prison

war is war kill or be killed

what would you have him do give first aid save the scums life so he can get beter then try and kill our soldiers again!

Exactly , some think it's a game, rules of combat....not actually killed on the field of battle...blah blah...he must've been on the field of battle to be injured
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024