Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Rigby killers - Guilty 13:37 - Dec 19 with 5670 viewsRancid

No surprises there but the news is rather difficult to watch now the verdict has been made.Horrendous scenes.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Lee Rigby killers - Guilty on 15:33 - Feb 27 with 1003 viewsLord_Bony

Lee Rigby killers - Guilty on 12:24 - Feb 27 by jackportis

And some people including some members on here think bush and blair where out of order to go after extremist individuals and nations like this pair sentanced today. lee rigbys colleagues should be chosen to conduct a firing squad.

What I can make out is some people are saying the policies of Bush and Blair have stirred up a hornets nest in some of these countries and has given rise to much more radicalized,extremists more than before we invaded them?lol

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Lee Rigby killers - Guilty on 09:57 - Mar 21 with 913 viewsdameedna

We can afford to let them rot inside

if you have seen the inside of an Egyptian prison you will know that a British prison is too good for them
Lee Rigby killers - Guilty on 12:21 - Mar 21 with 877 viewsLohengrin

Lee Rigby killers - Guilty on 19:07 - Feb 26 by Gowerjack

The voice of reason.

Thier crime is reprehensible and cannot be understood on condoned by any sane person, however those calling for the death penalty must realise this moral absolute.

Killing people is morally wrong.
It makes no difference if done by the state or an individual.

In addition our cultures more rational and civilized response to this crime illustrates the difference between our values and those of the culture and religion in which name these deeds were done.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2014 19:10]

"realise this moral absolute.
Killing people is morally wrong.
It makes no difference if done by the state or an individual."

I cannot agree with that, Gower. Absolute Morality posits the existence of a single, objective moral truth, irreducible. Surely circumstance can transmute the act of killing into the realm of Relative Morality? That moral judgement of the act itself is entirely subjective and beholden to context?

Let me give you the example that springs immediately to mind. My friend's father, sadly no longer with us, played an active part in the Hungarian Uprising of 1956 during the course of which he killed six members of the Red Army. The final two as he made his escape into Austria, with the net rapidly closing, could have leapt straight from the pages of a Boys' Own adventure.

This is where the Absolutist argument falls down. He was by any reckoning a good man, and in the thirty years I knew him what I would unhesitatingly regard as a moral man. He was enirely satisfied that his actions were justified. Necessary. A view readily endorsed by all us boys who used to listen to his story with rapt enthusiasm.

You spoke in defence of our values and culture, Gower. Wouldn't you say he came forward and stood defiant for exactly that cause? The Kremlin held the country in its slavering maw. The red beast wasn't at the door he'd kicked it through and was on the rampage. To have acted differently would have been to take the path of betrayal. The greatest sin of all.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Lee Rigby killers - Guilty on 12:31 - Mar 21 with 871 viewspansypants

The government bumps off people who may sabotage political ambitions or business developments but when it comes to extremists who kill our own we keep them comfy in our prisons.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Lee Rigby killers - Guilty on 12:54 - Mar 21 with 862 viewsLord_Bony

I really did nt want to bring this up but as this thread keeps re appearing has anyone thought of the opinions of the families and outrage on the other side of the fence?

We kill lots of innocent men women and children everyday of the week but nothing is ever said about it. the problem is it gives rise to a lot of hatred and people who want revenge on us. Take a look at this video to give an idea of whats happening...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Lee Rigby killers - Guilty on 13:07 - Mar 21 with 852 viewspansypants

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Lee Rigby killers - Guilty on 10:37 - Mar 22 with 780 viewsLord_Bony

Exactly.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024