Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martinez 00:26 - Dec 21 with 7141 viewsrockin

I read on here at how bad a manager he was and that he'd be a disaster at Everton and what an awful job he did at Wigan.

Ummm, no.

A truly brilliant manager, just like Rodgers.

We should be proud of what these guys have done.

Huw Jenkins has an unbeliable track record.

Where as once Swans Everton would have been a dour game, now it should be an awesome fixture.

Well done Roberto, outstanding job
[Post edited 21 Dec 2013 0:40]
Martinez on 13:44 - Dec 21 with 1195 viewsrockin

Martinez on 13:41 - Dec 21 by Oldjack

I'll welcome him with a closed fist

No you wouldn't, you'd have a hissy fit.

After a few scintillating performances and a run of victories you'd be like a choir boy.

As would Jobbie and all the rest.

Does make me laugh how bitter some people still are, genuinely laughable.

If it wasn't for the two names mentioned we'd still be scratching around the championship playing hoof ball watched by less than 14k, if not league 1.

Our niche is our style and he was the pioneer.
Martinez on 13:48 - Dec 21 with 1185 viewsOldjack

Martinez on 13:44 - Dec 21 by rockin

No you wouldn't, you'd have a hissy fit.

After a few scintillating performances and a run of victories you'd be like a choir boy.

As would Jobbie and all the rest.

Does make me laugh how bitter some people still are, genuinely laughable.

If it wasn't for the two names mentioned we'd still be scratching around the championship playing hoof ball watched by less than 14k, if not league 1.

Our niche is our style and he was the pioneer.

put the slimeball in front of me and see what happens ,i fuking hate liars

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Martinez on 13:51 - Dec 21 with 1183 viewsrockin

You'll probably break wind, that's my bet
Martinez on 14:31 - Dec 21 with 1161 viewswaynekerr55

very good manager - but a ruthless person who'd sh*t on his own flesh and blood to further himself

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Martinez on 14:33 - Dec 21 with 1159 viewsDewi1jack

Martinez on 13:37 - Dec 21 by rockin

I think that's a possibility and I'll welcome him with open arms.

Yorath left us for a "bigger" club and returned to a very good reception as well.
How long did he last?
Can't see any of our board or many of our supporters welcoming Martinez back as our manager.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Martinez on 14:36 - Dec 21 with 1157 viewsrockin

Martinez on 14:31 - Dec 21 by waynekerr55

very good manager - but a ruthless person who'd sh*t on his own flesh and blood to further himself

People who are massively successful in life tend to have that type of mentality.

The old cliche, nice guys finish last.

He's a driven individual who I believe in the not too distant future will manage a massive club and be a success.

I recognized these qualities when he was playing for us - I said on ja.net that'd he'd come back to bite Jackett on the ass as our next manager. He's ambition, very ambitious - but also very intelligent inevitably this will hurt the more weak minded amongst us.
Martinez on 14:37 - Dec 21 with 1156 viewsJackanapes

"People who are massively successful in life tend to have that type of mentality"

Do they? How you did you research that statement? Or didnt you?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Martinez on 14:39 - Dec 21 with 1146 viewsrockin

Martinez on 14:37 - Dec 21 by Jackanapes

"People who are massively successful in life tend to have that type of mentality"

Do they? How you did you research that statement? Or didnt you?

Hang on I'll just get my doctorate thesis out, bare with me.....

I don't think I've said anything particularly groundbreaking, disagree all you like but from what I've witnessed those 'traits' tend to show commonalities.
Login to get fewer ads

Martinez on 14:42 - Dec 21 with 1140 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Martinez on 14:36 - Dec 21 by rockin

People who are massively successful in life tend to have that type of mentality.

The old cliche, nice guys finish last.

He's a driven individual who I believe in the not too distant future will manage a massive club and be a success.

I recognized these qualities when he was playing for us - I said on ja.net that'd he'd come back to bite Jackett on the ass as our next manager. He's ambition, very ambitious - but also very intelligent inevitably this will hurt the more weak minded amongst us.

Fits in perfectly with your political philosophy then. Thatcherite til the end, eh?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Martinez on 14:43 - Dec 21 with 1134 viewswaynekerr55

Martinez on 14:39 - Dec 21 by rockin

Hang on I'll just get my doctorate thesis out, bare with me.....

I don't think I've said anything particularly groundbreaking, disagree all you like but from what I've witnessed those 'traits' tend to show commonalities.

on a serious note it would be interesting (well for me anyway as I'm a boring c*nt) to see if the research backs that notion up.

I think the thing that sticks in the throat is the level that he would sink to. promises to former team mates, staff members etc. Nothing is off limits for him

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Martinez on 14:46 - Dec 21 with 1124 viewsrockin

Martinez on 14:42 - Dec 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Fits in perfectly with your political philosophy then. Thatcherite til the end, eh?

Well hardly I'm not applauding him for his behaviour, I'm commenting on his abilities.

I think many on here would rather have a manager who would genuinely never leave, 'love the club' and all that jazz and be satisfactory.

Look how some would rather clap Jackett than Martinez/Rodgers.

If you want to be political about it then I'll give you an example, I'd rather have someone who is competent in the job, than someone I'd happily have a pint with down the local.

Call me weird if you like, but I prefer a winning mentality a la Roy Keane.
Martinez on 14:52 - Dec 21 with 1111 viewsOldjack

Martinez on 14:46 - Dec 21 by rockin

Well hardly I'm not applauding him for his behaviour, I'm commenting on his abilities.

I think many on here would rather have a manager who would genuinely never leave, 'love the club' and all that jazz and be satisfactory.

If you want to be political about it then I'll give you an example, I'd rather have someone who is competent in the job, than someone I'd happily have a pint with down the local.

Look weirdo ,getting too the top at any cost no matter who gets hurt gets a big no from me .some people still have principles in life

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Martinez on 14:57 - Dec 21 with 1104 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Okay then what if, after scouting our targets playing wise for Wigan whilst he was on our payroll and leaving us in the lurch we got unlucky with our next choice of manager and got relegated. Would you still be so keen to laud him?

Martinez on 15:00 - Dec 21 with 1099 viewsrockin

Martinez on 14:57 - Dec 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Okay then what if, after scouting our targets playing wise for Wigan whilst he was on our payroll and leaving us in the lurch we got unlucky with our next choice of manager and got relegated. Would you still be so keen to laud him?

This hyperbole is beyond belief at times, he did nothing groundbreaking in taking his backroom staff - if anything it would have been odd if hadn't.

He left a football legacy and we STILL have players from his era staring now.
Martinez on 15:05 - Dec 21 with 1090 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Martinez on 15:00 - Dec 21 by rockin

This hyperbole is beyond belief at times, he did nothing groundbreaking in taking his backroom staff - if anything it would have been odd if hadn't.

He left a football legacy and we STILL have players from his era staring now.

Obviously you're missing the point about him scouting for Wigan whilst he was still manager here. Hyperbole? Hardly.

Martinez on 15:07 - Dec 21 with 1062 viewsdgt73

You got to be the most boring person on this mb. You have no facts to back up what you say its just you're opinion. Oh I know plenty of successful people and most aren't ruthless cu*ts as you like to make out they are.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Martinez on 15:19 - Dec 21 with 1054 viewsRancid

The Smiling Assassin.
Martinez on 16:05 - Dec 21 with 1023 viewsDrizzy

Rockin you're absolutely spot on.

I posted a similar thread on here a few weeks ago after Everton drew away at Arsenal after putting in a performance worthy of a win.

Roberto Martinez is an exciting and ambitious manager who has a bright future in football and he's proving that at Everton.

A lot is said about his time at Wigan and how he apparently turned them from a solid mid table outfit to relegation contenders which is quite obviously wrong.

In the three seasons before Roberto Wigan averaged 41 points. In his four seasons at the club they averaged 39.25 points. Hardly the kind of catastrophic demise that the likes of O'Boogs and his band of scorned lovers continue to perpetrate. That's ignoring myriad factors involving the club's financial situation and the small matter of winning the FA Cup.

There's a persistent inferiority complex that manifests in peculiar ways despite the meteoric rise of Swansea City to a successful and established Premier League club. Some fans still can't get over the circumstances in which Martinez left and the negative rumours surrounding his time here have become more and more bizarre.

This is a fanbase and a city that is fearful of true success which is we still have a significant proportion of people who are against a significant stadium expansion. It's why we have people complaining about the number of "foreign" fans and the globalisation of the club. It's why we still have number of people (admittedly small) who still think Ferrie Bodde would waltz into our current midfield ahead of the likes of de Guzman.

However the failure to recognise the significance of Martinez's time here is just plain ignorant. The "El Greaseball" comments are cringe inducing, the jokes about his hair loss are churlish and the "Judas" remarks are just plain laughable. It was amusing and somewhat justified in the immediate aftermath of his departure but four years on people continue to express the same vitriol and bitterness.

They're happy to lick their wounds and push the same old sorrowful narrative: "poor old Swansea shafted by the man with hunger and ambition".

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Martinez on 16:11 - Dec 21 with 1016 viewsDarran

Martinez on 16:05 - Dec 21 by Drizzy

I posted a similar thread on here a few weeks ago after Everton drew away at Arsenal after putting in a performance worthy of a win.

Roberto Martinez is an exciting and ambitious manager who has a bright future in football and he's proving that at Everton.

A lot is said about his time at Wigan and how he apparently turned them from a solid mid table outfit to relegation contenders which is quite obviously wrong.

In the three seasons before Roberto Wigan averaged 41 points. In his four seasons at the club they averaged 39.25 points. Hardly the kind of catastrophic demise that the likes of O'Boogs and his band of scorned lovers continue to perpetrate. That's ignoring myriad factors involving the club's financial situation and the small matter of winning the FA Cup.

There's a persistent inferiority complex that manifests in peculiar ways despite the meteoric rise of Swansea City to a successful and established Premier League club. Some fans still can't get over the circumstances in which Martinez left and the negative rumours surrounding his time here have become more and more bizarre.

This is a fanbase and a city that is fearful of true success which is we still have a significant proportion of people who are against a significant stadium expansion. It's why we have people complaining about the number of "foreign" fans and the globalisation of the club. It's why we still have number of people (admittedly small) who still think Ferrie Bodde would waltz into our current midfield ahead of the likes of de Guzman.

However the failure to recognise the significance of Martinez's time here is just plain ignorant. The "El Greaseball" comments are cringe inducing, the jokes about his hair loss are churlish and the "Judas" remarks are just plain laughable. It was amusing and somewhat justified in the immediate aftermath of his departure but four years on people continue to express the same vitriol and bitterness.

They're happy to lick their wounds and push the same old sorrowful narrative: "poor old Swansea shafted by the man with hunger and ambition".

Aye but as I said earlier he could have hung around a bit longer at Wigan the cloob he loves so much to help them get back in the Prem if he wasn't all about himself.
The thing is he loved Wigan so much but he obviously loved Everton even more.

Theres no inferiority complex from me I wouldn't want the c*nt near Swansea City because you couldn't guarantee he'd hang around.

The bloke might play good football but hes a f*cking snake.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Martinez on 16:16 - Dec 21 with 1007 viewsJackanapes

Martinez on 16:05 - Dec 21 by Drizzy

"A lot is said about his time at Wigan and how he apparently turned them from a solid mid table outfit to relegation contenders which is quite obviously wrong."

No it isnt, they got relegated.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2013 16:16]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Martinez on 16:18 - Dec 21 with 995 viewsDrizzy

Martinez on 16:16 - Dec 21 by Jackanapes

"A lot is said about his time at Wigan and how he apparently turned them from a solid mid table outfit to relegation contenders which is quite obviously wrong."

No it isnt, they got relegated.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2013 16:16]

Ooh you're a clever one aren't you.

He didn't turn (I repeat TURN) them into relegation contenders when they were already in that state when he arrived.

Try again.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Martinez on 16:19 - Dec 21 with 991 viewsRancid

Martinez on 16:18 - Dec 21 by Drizzy

He didn't turn (I repeat TURN) them into relegation contenders when they were already in that state when he arrived.

Try again.

Bollox.Bruce had led them to mid table the season before.
Martinez on 16:20 - Dec 21 with 990 viewsJackanapes

Wigan were only involved in 1 relegation battle before Martinez got there. Every season that Martinez was in charge they were involved.

Martinez on 16:20 - Dec 21 with 989 viewsDarran

Try again.

F*ck me Kammy you missing your meds or summin?

Didn't he bring in any players then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Martinez on 16:23 - Dec 21 with 981 viewsJackanapes

Try again.

Wrong with a capital W.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024