Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With ITV showing some old games 17:32 - May 23 with 687 viewsTripleNiemi

Why did it take the current situation to get them to show some old classics? OK, we all know football was invented with the formation of the PL, but some of us oldies remember the days when players were allowed to tackle, there were only a couple of cameras / angles being filmed, and most players didnt dive and roll round ala Tadic.

With ITV always showing games weekly back in the day there must be masses of games they could show again (regardless of COVID and other shows being canned whilst filming is paused) even if only aired on itv 3 or 4.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

With ITV showing some old games on 17:34 - May 23 with 680 viewsBicester_North

Always enjoy seeing this Liverpool Arsenal 89 game

Like you say, should show a lot more of them.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

With ITV showing some old games on 17:48 - May 23 with 667 viewsBison

On SKY 504 BBC Parliament channel currently showing the 1979 Election , the morning after.

Gripping stuff

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

With ITV showing some old games on 17:51 - May 23 with 664 viewsVagina_Dentata

ITV showing live top flight football was before my time. Did they ever show any Saints matches?

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

With ITV showing some old games on 17:53 - May 23 with 660 viewsBicester_North

With ITV showing some old games on 17:51 - May 23 by Vagina_Dentata

ITV showing live top flight football was before my time. Did they ever show any Saints matches?

The same season (I think) when we beat Liverpool 4-1 was on ITV’s “The Match” or “The Big Match”

With ITV showing some old games on 17:55 - May 23 with 656 viewsTripleNiemi

With ITV showing some old games on 17:51 - May 23 by Vagina_Dentata

Google something like 'best goal ever' and then maybe Channon or Saints, cannot recall if whole game shown but you will see one of the best pieces of play ever filmed. Keegan, Armstrong plus the rest of the team touching the ball before a Channon goal and windmill. All against the best team in the land (spits) at that time. Pretty sure that was itv

With ITV showing some old games on 17:58 - May 23 with 654 viewsTripleNiemi

With ITV showing some old games on 17:53 - May 23 by Bicester_North

The same season (I think) when we beat Liverpool 4-1 was on ITV’s “The Match” or “The Big Match”

Every Sunday.....all free for view for all to watch.

With ITV showing some old games on 18:04 - May 23 with 640 viewsVagina_Dentata

With ITV showing some old games on 17:55 - May 23 by TripleNiemi

Google something like 'best goal ever' and then maybe Channon or Saints, cannot recall if whole game shown but you will see one of the best pieces of play ever filmed. Keegan, Armstrong plus the rest of the team touching the ball before a Channon goal and windmill. All against the best team in the land (spits) at that time. Pretty sure that was itv

I’ve seen this; hadn’t realised it was a TV game though.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

With ITV showing some old games on 18:30 - May 23 with 625 viewsWints76

With ITV showing some old games on 18:04 - May 23 by Vagina_Dentata

I’ve seen this; hadn’t realised it was a TV game though.

It wasn't live. Live tv football arrived a couple of seasons after that. However, between the start of live football (83/4) and the start of the Premier League (92/3), Saints were on live once in 83/4, once in 90/91 and once in 91/2. Plus a few FA Cup games. Bear in mind that 83/4 we were arguably the best side around post Xmas, and 89/90 we were possibly the most exciting with a free scoring forward line but always likely to concede, the pre Sky days weren't all that for non top 5 fans. I think just about all ITV live games featured one of Lpool, Everton, United, Spurs or Arsenal.
Login to get fewer ads

With ITV showing some old games on 18:47 - May 23 with 607 viewsHappy_Jack

With ITV showing some old games on 18:30 - May 23 by Wints76

It wasn't live. Live tv football arrived a couple of seasons after that. However, between the start of live football (83/4) and the start of the Premier League (92/3), Saints were on live once in 83/4, once in 90/91 and once in 91/2. Plus a few FA Cup games. Bear in mind that 83/4 we were arguably the best side around post Xmas, and 89/90 we were possibly the most exciting with a free scoring forward line but always likely to concede, the pre Sky days weren't all that for non top 5 fans. I think just about all ITV live games featured one of Lpool, Everton, United, Spurs or Arsenal.

You'll remember these games you refer to Wints please correct me if my memory is wrong.

83/84 Liverpool at home on a Friday night
90/91 Liverpool at home again (an early kick off I think)
91/92 Man City away Dowie scored
FA Cup 83/84 Blackburn away on a Friday night Sheffield Wednesday away on a Sunday afternoon

Any more?

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

With ITV showing some old games on 18:52 - May 23 with 601 viewsWints76

With ITV showing some old games on 18:47 - May 23 by Happy_Jack

You'll remember these games you refer to Wints please correct me if my memory is wrong.

83/84 Liverpool at home on a Friday night
90/91 Liverpool at home again (an early kick off I think)
91/92 Man City away Dowie scored
FA Cup 83/84 Blackburn away on a Friday night Sheffield Wednesday away on a Sunday afternoon

Any more?

Nope, that's what I reckon as well. And then there were some ZDS games on the fledgling Sky Sports in 91/2, the Utd cup games the same season and possibly a home cup match against Forest in 90/91
With ITV showing some old games on 22:09 - May 23 with 537 viewsBicester_North

Always thought Brian Moore from ITV was a good commentator. Him, Motson and Peter Brackley still unrivalled I reckon.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024