Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Footballs Darkest Secret 12:24 - Mar 23 with 1305 viewsericofarabia

Absolutely harrowing but essential viewing. Tonight's programme will feature Bob Higgins and several ex Saints Youth Players who were subjected to horrendous exploitation by him.

After watching Part 1 last night, I watched Parts 2 and 3 on iplayer and am still numb with shock at what has happened to so many ex players featured, and this is probably just the tip of the iceberg. The sheer look of pain and terror on the faces of these players as they recount what happened is virtually unbearable to watch, let alone try and imagine how they have felt carrying such a burden over the years.

Footballs Darkest Secret on 12:30 - Mar 23 with 1279 viewsdarthvader

I will have to catch up on this .
Its disgusting that someone with such a huge part in these kids lives took their trust and childhood for his own gratification .
Shameful

keep the faith coyr

Footballs Darkest Secret on 12:58 - Mar 23 with 1258 viewsSadoldgit

It was a hard watch. I have only seen the first one and that was bad enough. It has clearly scarred these people for life. Paul Stewart’s interview was especially upsetting. It is hard to understand how so many turned a blind eye to sexual abuse back then.
Footballs Darkest Secret on 15:21 - Mar 23 with 1197 viewskingslandstand1

As you say, harrowing but essential viewing. At first I didn't want to watch but did see the last half hour and have now made a point of either watching or recording tonight's and not only because of the local "interest"

As SOG has said below, Paul Stewart's interview was really emotional and you could see when they showed the 91 Cup Final excerpts how he seemed to be "separate" from other celebrations despite actually scoring in an FA Cup Final and how that must usually feel for any player. I could also feel for his mother and the apparent guilt she felt as she could not see it, but the anger in her eyes was still there after all these years

The real worry was the extent of the abuse, and it would appear Crewe Alexandra must have a lot to answer for as there must be more in there somewhere that did not come out and people know about

They should just cut their bolox off in the town square in front of everyone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024