Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northants not doing us any favours 17:33 - Sep 14 with 1503 viewsPoirot

It looked interesting yesterday, but Surrey kept on chipping away with runs and have now got Northants against the wall in the second innings. The points must be around level at the moment, but if Surrey win i think that might see us just be second.

Last won the league in 1973 !

[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 11:32]
Northhants not doing us any favours on 18:02 - Sep 14 with 1463 viewspjt50

After the way they folded at the Ageas last week I wasn't really expecting anything else.

At least Surrey's two remaining games look tougher than Hampshire's.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Northhants not doing us any favours on 18:58 - Sep 14 with 1435 viewscocklebreath

Bit of a late rally, 5 wickets left 120 ahead, you never know get another 150 and it might be interesting

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Northhants not doing us any favours on 20:25 - Sep 14 with 1389 views1teeminants

I remember 1973 well I used to go to cricket regularly. Come on Hants, it’s going to the wire.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Northhants not doing us any favours on 20:31 - Sep 14 with 1386 viewsButty101

Northhants not doing us any favours on 20:25 - Sep 14 by 1teeminants

I remember 1973 well I used to go to cricket regularly. Come on Hants, it’s going to the wire.

Let’s hope for a bit of rain tomorrow.

It’s a stupid league this year, Hampshire don’t get to play Surrey at home which is ridiculous. Plus they put the points for a draw up to 8. If it was last year’s point system Hampshire would nearly have this wrapped up

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Northhants not doing us any favours on 21:21 - Sep 14 with 1355 views1teeminants

Northhants not doing us any favours on 20:31 - Sep 14 by Butty101

Let’s hope for a bit of rain tomorrow.

It’s a stupid league this year, Hampshire don’t get to play Surrey at home which is ridiculous. Plus they put the points for a draw up to 8. If it was last year’s point system Hampshire would nearly have this wrapped up

Yes agree. We have Warwickshire who are struggling this season so we need max points from that one .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Northhants not doing us any favours on 11:29 - Sep 15 with 1212 viewsPoirot

ooh northants are rallying on the bat

[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 11:31]
Northhants not doing us any favours on 11:38 - Sep 15 with 1176 viewsButty101

Northhants not doing us any favours on 11:29 - Sep 15 by Poirot

ooh northants are rallying on the bat

[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 11:31]

77 overs left in the day with a 206 run lead. They need to bat a minimum 20 more overs and add 70 runs. That would be a good chase that surrey could cock up

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Northants doing us a favour on 12:49 - Sep 15 with 1121 viewsdirk_doone

Riveting stuff. In the unlikely event of a Northants victory, Hampshire and Surrey will go into their final two fixtures level on points; a draw will leave Surrey 8 points ahead.

When Hampshire last won the Championship in 1973, I saw them beat Northants in a crucial match at the County Ground with Richards and Greenidge starring with the bat for Hampshire and the spinner Bishen Bedi taking wickets for Northants. That season finished with Hampshire first, Surrey second and Northants third.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 14:56]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Northants not doing us any favours on 16:47 - Sep 15 with 1013 viewsPoirot

Going to need Surrey to at least lose one game with us needing two wins and some of the extra points on offer.
Northants not doing us any favours on 17:24 - Sep 15 with 981 viewsBicester_North

Weather looks fair next week, be worth getting down the rose bowl and giving them some support v Kent

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Northants not doing us any favours on 21:40 - Sep 15 with 846 viewspjt50

Northants not doing us any favours on 16:47 - Sep 15 by Poirot

Going to need Surrey to at least lose one game with us needing two wins and some of the extra points on offer.

Could well be enough if Surrey can only draw one of them — providing Hampshire pick up near-maximum points.

Fitting if Lancashire win us the County Championship this season having cost us the title last year.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024