Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin: some good things, some bad things 12:21 - Jun 22 with 1233 viewsIfonly

The way I see it, the major positives are:

- he's a natural leader
- knows exactly what he wants and has implemented it at previous clubs with a bit of success and no major failures
- is aligned in approach with Director of Football
- knows the Championship
- young and enthusiastic

The negatives are:

- mediocre record
- his possession based, slow style failed at Saints last year
- Saints may not have the players to make this style work
- to get it to work may take a long time
- fans may get restless during this adjustment period
- even when fully developed, this style can be dull and frustrating for the fans

For me, there were better manager options and better choices of style to adopt. But, the choice is made so I say good luck to him. If nothing else, it will be interesting to see if this works and full credit to him if it does. COYR.
Russell Martin: some good things, some bad things on 18:11 - Jun 22 with 1013 viewsMonksway

On a positive note. Swansea did score goals so hopefully the endless passing will have and end result on occasions. I agree with your summary, be interesting which players will stay as a result of this appointment. Bazunu, Livramento, Caletta -Carr, Stephens, Perraud perhaps. Smallbone, Grimes holding. Tella, Alcaraz and Adam Armstrong behind Che would be good if they stay plus Sulimana, Edozie, Ballard and Mara. Might also play to Orsic's strengths in theory. Who knows? At least next season should be more entertaining than the last few.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024