Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disassociation - and it's worrying 11:55 - Oct 9 with 801 viewssaint901

At the start of the season I was pretty convinced that mid table was our fate. That's understandable with many players leaving, new players arriving and having to learn a "new way of playing". A new manager as well and changes in the management are pointed towards a transitional season before hopefully being a contended next season.

The opening three games were on track to prove me wrong. The next four I hoped would be the death knell to the "new way of playing". Couple of decent (if fortunate) results and then the Rotherham game.

We battered them in the first half and should have had three or four but we didn't. Too much emphasis on passing it into the net instead of actually having an attempt on goal. I know the "shots on goal" stats look good but in reality most of them were harmless.

Nonetheless we go in leading at HT. Second half is a reversion to the style of play that lost us four games in a row. I suspect that RM saw this half as a chance to show that his style works.

Then two errors - a weak header out and a poor position adopted from the keeper and it's all square.Time to go back to the style that we scored from in the first half? No. Carry on playing the ball about in front of a packed defence.

We got a point (and it could have been worse).

My real complaint here is that RM comes out after the match and seemed to be talking about a different game. He had a first half team which would have become more effective as the opposition tired but he choose to change it - and then blamed the players!

RM needs to be a little more real. If we are outplaying the opposition with a tactical game that is not what he wants, don't change it - do it better. But for heaven's sake look at what's in front of you and don't re-imagine the game to suit your prejudices.
Disassociation - and it's worrying on 13:06 - Oct 9 with 704 viewsRon11

It's his own ego trip that's his (I hope) downfall. Especially when he blames the players.
And he wonders why there's booing. So up himself he just can't see it.
Oh for a proper manager...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024