Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell 10:20 - Apr 19 with 782 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52296/gao-rumoured-to-be

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 12:27 - Apr 19 with 716 viewsDorsetIan

If he's lowered the price so that he can sell more quickly, that's great news.

The sooner he is gone the better. A new owner might not be any better (we can only hope) but he's been a massive disappointment to most Saints fans.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 12:39 - Apr 19 with 701 viewsdirk_doone

Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 12:27 - Apr 19 by DorsetIan

If he's lowered the price so that he can sell more quickly, that's great news.

The sooner he is gone the better. A new owner might not be any better (we can only hope) but he's been a massive disappointment to most Saints fans.

The bank he borrowed the money from is partly-owned by the Chinese government. They are probably demanding quick repayment.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 12:43 - Apr 19 with 697 viewsDorsetIan

Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 12:39 - Apr 19 by dirk_doone

The bank he borrowed the money from is partly-owned by the Chinese government. They are probably demanding quick repayment.

I thought he'd already repaid them. Thought he'd sold them a massive stake in his main Chinese company to do so, a year or so ago?

Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 12:54 - Apr 19 with 688 viewsdirk_doone

Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 12:43 - Apr 19 by DorsetIan

I thought he'd already repaid them. Thought he'd sold them a massive stake in his main Chinese company to do so, a year or so ago?

No, he sold Lander Sports to a private buyer.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 12:55]

Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 13:16 - Apr 19 with 664 viewsDorsetIan

Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 12:54 - Apr 19 by dirk_doone

No, he sold Lander Sports to a private buyer.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 12:55]

It was reported that it was the Chinese state...

https://www.ft.com/content/062b6338-5a1b-11e9-9dde-7aedca0a081a

...but regardless of who he sold too, didn't that put him in funds so that he could repay his loan?

Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 13:39 - Apr 19 with 644 viewsdirk_doone

Of course, everybody is affected by the coronavirus crisis, including Red Bull. Austria has been badly affected by the crisis and their football HQ is in New York.

American owners are probably not thinking about buying a foreign football club right now as their country has been more devastated by the coronavirus than any other.

If I were trying to sell the club in China, I'd target Xu Jiayin. He is the third wealthiest man in China and he has invested massively in his Chinese football club. But, like everybody he will have been affected by the current crisis.

With Saudi Arabia taken by Newcastle and the UAE by Man City, the wealthiest owners in the Middle East have already been snapped up. Qatar have already spent a lot on PSG and Spurs are rumoured to be top of their Premier League shopping list. So, that really only leaves Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain. Kuwait is wealthier so they would be my main target in the Middle East.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 13:42]

Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 18:29 - Apr 19 with 551 viewsdjsaint

Sir Jim Ratcliffe would seem to be the perfect sort of owner at present. Very slim chance though!
Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 22:45 - Apr 19 with 465 viewskingolaf

Gao Rumoured To Be Slashing The Price To Sell on 13:39 - Apr 19 by dirk_doone

Of course, everybody is affected by the coronavirus crisis, including Red Bull. Austria has been badly affected by the crisis and their football HQ is in New York.

American owners are probably not thinking about buying a foreign football club right now as their country has been more devastated by the coronavirus than any other.

If I were trying to sell the club in China, I'd target Xu Jiayin. He is the third wealthiest man in China and he has invested massively in his Chinese football club. But, like everybody he will have been affected by the current crisis.

With Saudi Arabia taken by Newcastle and the UAE by Man City, the wealthiest owners in the Middle East have already been snapped up. Qatar have already spent a lot on PSG and Spurs are rumoured to be top of their Premier League shopping list. So, that really only leaves Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain. Kuwait is wealthier so they would be my main target in the Middle East.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 13:42]

Qatar own Man City.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024