Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On This Day In History - 30th April 2011 Brentford Away 10:15 - Apr 29 with 498 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52337/on-this-day-in-his

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
On This Day In History - 30th April 2011 Brentford Away on 14:09 - Apr 29 with 448 viewsgreen

Wasn't there some sort of revenge from Brentford because we'd played them in the cup a few years before and we wouldn't give them extra tickets despite not selling them to home fans meaning this was some sort of payback?

*I may have got this completely mixed up of course.
On This Day In History - 30th April 2011 Brentford Away on 17:23 - Apr 29 with 399 viewsTimSaint

On This Day In History - 30th April 2011 Brentford Away on 14:09 - Apr 29 by green

Wasn't there some sort of revenge from Brentford because we'd played them in the cup a few years before and we wouldn't give them extra tickets despite not selling them to home fans meaning this was some sort of payback?

*I may have got this completely mixed up of course.

We played them in the FA Cup in 2005.
Drew 2-2 at St Marys after being 2-0 up.
Don't remember what the attendance was or how many tickets they got.
Went to the replay which we won 3-1 from being 1 down early on.
Crouchie (2?) and Super Kev scored for us I believe.

TimSaint

On This Day In History - 30th April 2011 Brentford Away on 17:41 - Apr 29 with 394 viewsTimSaint

Just checked and the attendance was 24,741 for the FA Cup 5th Round tie at St Marys. The replay at GP had 11,720.

Re the grudge you mentioned, it looks like Brentford belatedly requested more tickets, once they had won their 4th round replay, but by then it was all too late. See below article.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/5555191.its-brenfords-fault-say-saints/

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024