Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watt View - Why Saints Can — And Should — Be Aiming For Silverware Next Season 11:40 - Aug 19 with 669 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52756/watt-view--why-sai

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Watt View - Why Saints Can — And Should — Be Aiming For Silverware Next Seas on 14:13 - Aug 19 with 613 viewsSaintsforeverj

Nobody expects us to win the league. The money is in the league and not the cups. But I and I'm sure all our fans, would love to see Saints win one of the cups. Just to see us celebrate a trophy would be incredible to me, and long overdue. I wish they would give everything to win one of the cups. Watching all the Euro games this week, reminded me of how terrible it was when Puel played a weakened team in Milan, when 8000 fans travelled there to get a once in a lifetime result. I wonder if the club realise just how much (to the fans, not financially!) winning a cup would mean?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 14:15]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Watt View - Why Saints Can — And Should — Be Aiming For Silverware Next Seas on 10:07 - Aug 20 with 460 viewsSaintNick

Watt View - Why Saints Can — And Should — Be Aiming For Silverware Next Seas on 14:13 - Aug 19 by Saintsforeverj

Nobody expects us to win the league. The money is in the league and not the cups. But I and I'm sure all our fans, would love to see Saints win one of the cups. Just to see us celebrate a trophy would be incredible to me, and long overdue. I wish they would give everything to win one of the cups. Watching all the Euro games this week, reminded me of how terrible it was when Puel played a weakened team in Milan, when 8000 fans travelled there to get a once in a lifetime result. I wonder if the club realise just how much (to the fans, not financially!) winning a cup would mean?

Good points and certainly the team he played in Milan soured his reputation with Saints supporters, although I would say that the team was not as weak as some would think. Forster, Van Dijk, Hojbjerg, Tadic, Ward Prowse & Romeu were all first choice players, Yoshida Rodriguez, Long all had experience, only McQueen and Martina were players that should not really have played.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Watt View - Why Saints Can — And Should — Be Aiming For Silverware Next Seas on 10:27 - Aug 20 with 447 viewsdirk_doone

Watt View - Why Saints Can — And Should — Be Aiming For Silverware Next Seas on 14:13 - Aug 19 by Saintsforeverj

By substituting Gabbiadini when he did, Puel arguably cost us the League Cup. That was one of the worst and most costly substitutions ever. Also, not letting Fonte play in any of the European games was another disastrous decision.

Anyway, we have a much better manager now and hopefully we'll win something with Ralph in charge. The squad looks like it is really being strengthened in preparation for this season.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 10:31]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Watt View - Why Saints Can — And Should — Be Aiming For Silverware Next Seas on 10:46 - Aug 20 with 430 viewsSaintNick

Watt View - Why Saints Can — And Should — Be Aiming For Silverware Next Seas on 10:27 - Aug 20 by dirk_doone

By substituting Gabbiadini when he did, Puel arguably cost us the League Cup. That was one of the worst and most costly substitutions ever. Also, not letting Fonte play in any of the European games was another disastrous decision.

Anyway, we have a much better manager now and hopefully we'll win something with Ralph in charge. The squad looks like it is really being strengthened in preparation for this season.

I know you wont like this view much Dirk, but if Hasenhuttl had been in charge, Fonte would not have played in the League let alone the cups, we put up with players and their agents trying to walk over us back then, now we don't.

I think a stronger manager would have dealt with the situation better, it pains me to say it, but from a squad morale point of view, playing Yoshida was about making a point, Fonte wanted to leave there are parallels to be drawn between then and now

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Watt View - Why Saints Can — And Should — Be Aiming For Silverware Next Seas on 15:01 - Aug 20 with 384 viewsSaintsforeverj

Watt View - Why Saints Can — And Should — Be Aiming For Silverware Next Seas on 10:27 - Aug 20 by dirk_doone

Yep, but to be fair, at least Puel got us to our first cup final in years and we were robbed by an unfair and wrong offside decision. My post wasn't necessarily just a dig at Puel, just an example of how Saints always seem to mess up in the cups and play weakened teams.

I was at Sunderland away in a replay, with the quarter finals waiting, Poch played a weakens side and Saints were poor. Same at Sheff Utd away when Koeman was manager. They were league 1! Just wish the club and players, whoever is manager would really go for one of the cups as it would mean so much to the fans and the city. Hopefully Ralph will deliver some silverware or at least give it a really good go.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 15:02]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024