Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Craig Dawson 19:57 - Feb 15 with 408 viewssaint22

Kinda defender we would have turned our noses up at but just what we could have done with in the summer
Craig Dawson on 14:53 - Feb 16 with 287 viewsTimSaint

Was he one of your defensive recommendations 22 ?

Fair play to Dawson and to West Ham. I know it is only a season loan, but He certainly seems to have done a job for them this season, which is a little surprising. Most would have just considered him as a slightly aging defender who had just got relegated from the Prem.

Even Saints managed to score 3 away to Watford after the re-start and we really should have had a few more as well, so that would have put an end to any interest in him, if we actually had any. Anyway, Salisu was our summer defensive signing. (Younger, more potential and a greater sell on value ?)

TimSaint

Craig Dawson on 15:23 - Feb 16 with 277 viewssaint22

Craig Dawson on 14:53 - Feb 16 by TimSaint

Was he one of your defensive recommendations 22 ?

Fair play to Dawson and to West Ham. I know it is only a season loan, but He certainly seems to have done a job for them this season, which is a little surprising. Most would have just considered him as a slightly aging defender who had just got relegated from the Prem.

Even Saints managed to score 3 away to Watford after the re-start and we really should have had a few more as well, so that would have put an end to any interest in him, if we actually had any. Anyway, Salisu was our summer defensive signing. (Younger, more potential and a greater sell on value ?)

He actually was not and I can see why but as many said previously we needed an experienced PL defender (Cahill Evans etc) and although Dawson was relegated he clearly can do a job
To be fair the Barra Boys are doing very well annoyingly and surprisingly
Craig Dawson on 15:38 - Feb 16 with 268 viewsTimSaint

Craig Dawson on 15:23 - Feb 16 by saint22

He actually was not and I can see why but as many said previously we needed an experienced PL defender (Cahill Evans etc) and although Dawson was relegated he clearly can do a job
To be fair the Barra Boys are doing very well annoyingly and surprisingly

I'm sure his performances have surprised even West Ham, let alone Watford, so perhaps the Hornets are questioning why they let him go out on loan. They are sitting comfortably in the play offs without him though.

Obviously they had (another) new manager following relegation and he no doubt wanted his own players, but perhaps like some of the players we have loaned out, he was a high earner and the club wanted at least some of his weekly wage off the books !!

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024