Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football's Gambling Problem 13:08 - Jun 8 with 734 viewsPaleRider

Anyone see this program on C4 last night? Presented by Ruth Davidson - who I thought was really knowledgeable and presented well. Helped me to understand why sports gambling is so addictive and also featured one of our ex-players - Steven Chaulker.
Football's Gambling Problem on 14:15 - Jun 8 with 706 viewsChesham_Saint

Not seen it, but have seen plenty of reviews by people who have, and all agree it was good. It was also refreshing that many put their political allegiances to one side to take an objective view of a serious issue.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Football's Gambling Problem on 15:13 - Jun 8 with 683 viewsSadoldgit

I’m not a gambler and don’t know many but did work with a guy for over 20 years who did gamble regularly. If he backed a winner you would hear about it but he never mentioned it when he lost. It was very strange but it was almost like he totally blanked losing out of his mind and only thought about the winning. I don’t know how much it cost him every year but like the vast majority of gamblers he lost a lot more than he won. He had three kids too. I had three kids too plus a step daughter all around the same age, so how he could afford it I don’t know. He used to go into the office early and log on to a betting site every day. I appreciate that for many people it is just a bit of fun and if they keep their spending under control it does no lasting damage, but for some it is an obsession and they can end up losing everything. As my old man used to say, you never see a poor bookie!
Football's Gambling Problem on 05:39 - Jun 9 with 592 viewsBuenosSaint

Football's Gambling Problem on 15:13 - Jun 8 by Sadoldgit

I’m not a gambler and don’t know many but did work with a guy for over 20 years who did gamble regularly. If he backed a winner you would hear about it but he never mentioned it when he lost. It was very strange but it was almost like he totally blanked losing out of his mind and only thought about the winning. I don’t know how much it cost him every year but like the vast majority of gamblers he lost a lot more than he won. He had three kids too. I had three kids too plus a step daughter all around the same age, so how he could afford it I don’t know. He used to go into the office early and log on to a betting site every day. I appreciate that for many people it is just a bit of fun and if they keep their spending under control it does no lasting damage, but for some it is an obsession and they can end up losing everything. As my old man used to say, you never see a poor bookie!

I like a bit of a flutter now and then, usually involving saints. But I always assume it is money written off so keep stakes small.

However, I do hope this program emphasises the topic and conversations regarding our shirt sponsor. And this is the beginning of the end of gambling advertising.

Poll: The Long Future

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024