Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Do Your Children Support 09:42 - Jul 22 with 521 viewsSaintNick

I saw this story on facebook and laughed my head off

One of the supposed joys of being a parent is taking your child to their first match.
The first game I took my eldest son to was a European Cup Winners Cup tie between Liverpool v FC Sion at Anfield in 1996. There are some who regard big European nights at Anfield to be special. I’m an Evertonian and I don’t.

My brother in law got his indoctrination in far too early and I failed in my mission to convert him.

Tom’s uncle couldn’t make it to the game and I was faced with the dilemma of either letting down an excited five year old or going to Anfield.

I was the only person on the Kop who remained seated throughout the singing of You’ll Never Walk Alone and loudly cheered the announcement of the Sion side. I was subjected to good natured and mild abuse from those sat nearby. They thought it was hilarious for an Evertonian to be taking his Liverpool supporting son to Anfield.

After 20 minutes, I was the one laughing when Sion took a 2-0 lead and the “mighty Reds” were in danger of being knocked out by a lesser known Swiss side. At this point the previously good natured banter changed to something a little more hostile.

Anyway, Liverpool went on to win 6-3 and I got out of Anfield alive.

Has anyone else raised a child who made a disappointing choice when deciding which team to support?

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Who Do Your Children Support on 09:44 - Jul 22 with 519 viewsSaintNick

I also laughed at this post on the thread

We ( me and the missus ) currently have a foster child staying with us and unfortunately he is a mad Man Utd fan and I am a Man City supporter.

He has never been to Old Trafford or indeed any professional game , so I took him over to Manchester to do the stadium tour , he was so excited that I promised him I would take him to a game .Unfortunately I struggled to get tickets unless I wanted to pay tourist tax through the touts,

.The only way I could do it was to make myself a member at Man Utd .I have taken him 4 times now , I don't know if his excitement and delight balances with the fact I have a Man Utd membership card in my wallet .

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024