Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun 13:50 - Dec 5 with 1315 viewssaint68

Government looking into removing passports of those convicted for drink or drug driving to control the county lines and city drug issues.

I'd imagine that 99% of the county lines idiots caught wouldn't have either of those documents anyway.

However the recreational punter should be aware that they'll get trawled in,in the same net..

Or maybe its the government's latest green strategy to save the planet.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 13:52]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 16:24 - Dec 5 with 1209 viewsdirk_doone

That should include the wronguns and coke heads in the government then, but they will probably remain above the law:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59539589

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 16:58 - Dec 5 with 1175 viewssaint68

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 16:24 - Dec 5 by dirk_doone

That should include the wronguns and coke heads in the government then, but they will probably remain above the law:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59539589

Obviously they will be exempt Dirk, the UK government is slowly starting to resemble a banana Republic outfit

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 13:39 - Dec 6 with 1007 viewsExBaselSaint

Interesting the most shared article in the Guardian today is 'Middle-class drug users could lose UK passports'.
Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 14:22 - Dec 6 with 977 viewssaint901

The drugs issue in the UK (mild compared with some places) cannot be tackled by going after either supply or demand. You have to tackle both at the same time.

If you reduce demand by imposing penalties on those with passports and driving licences perhaps the recreational user will think twice. Will that make a dent in demand? I have no idea but it sounds like a step in the right direction.

The BBC carried this item in the lunchtime news. It claims over half of robberies are drug related. If true, then using prison as true rehab for users is sensible assuming that a) those who commit the offences are caught and jailed and b) the program is adequately funded and based on strategies that work. I see no evidence for either.

Sadly I think this is just an excuse to show the Buffoon Boris kitted out in police SWAT kit delivering his usual empty rhetoric.
Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 15:56 - Dec 6 with 938 viewsdwayne_dibley

why no middle class chain gangs repairing potholes and painting bridges

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 18:26 - Dec 6 with 896 viewsHeisenberg

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 14:22 - Dec 6 by saint901

The drugs issue in the UK (mild compared with some places) cannot be tackled by going after either supply or demand. You have to tackle both at the same time.

If you reduce demand by imposing penalties on those with passports and driving licences perhaps the recreational user will think twice. Will that make a dent in demand? I have no idea but it sounds like a step in the right direction.

The BBC carried this item in the lunchtime news. It claims over half of robberies are drug related. If true, then using prison as true rehab for users is sensible assuming that a) those who commit the offences are caught and jailed and b) the program is adequately funded and based on strategies that work. I see no evidence for either.

Sadly I think this is just an excuse to show the Buffoon Boris kitted out in police SWAT kit delivering his usual empty rhetoric.

We have had policy after policy ‘initiatives’ to tackle drug use. From appointing drug czars and tough on drugs campaigns not one has made one bit of difference. Now we see the clown announcing yet another. The simple fact is prohibition brings violence and crime. Time to rethink and look at decriminalising and legalising drug use. It will be safer and will tackle the gangs and associated violence. Add to that the revenues it will bring in. Nothing else has worked. It won’t happen as it will take politicians to think differently which they are incapable of.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 18:42 - Dec 6 with 879 viewsBicester_North

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 18:26 - Dec 6 by Heisenberg

We have had policy after policy ‘initiatives’ to tackle drug use. From appointing drug czars and tough on drugs campaigns not one has made one bit of difference. Now we see the clown announcing yet another. The simple fact is prohibition brings violence and crime. Time to rethink and look at decriminalising and legalising drug use. It will be safer and will tackle the gangs and associated violence. Add to that the revenues it will bring in. Nothing else has worked. It won’t happen as it will take politicians to think differently which they are incapable of.

Including crack and heroin?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 18:48 - Dec 6 with 872 viewsJaySaint

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 18:26 - Dec 6 by Heisenberg

All of the news edits I have heard today mention Class A drugs. Decriminalise those?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Login to get fewer ads

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 19:44 - Dec 6 with 828 viewsHeisenberg

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 18:48 - Dec 6 by JaySaint

All of the news edits I have heard today mention Class A drugs. Decriminalise those?

Lots of drugs should be legalised. Regarding class A's the current approach isn't working. Herion and crack problem use is no different from any other addiction and should be treated as such. The problem is not with the drugs but the organised crime and gangs and the violence it brings. 1920s prohibition in the states showed us how that works.

All we need is a sensible debate without all the politicians and media getting all worked up with their moralising and preaching about drug use. Portugal has led the way and by a sensible health driven approach combined with decriminalising certain drugs has seen a huge fall in herion use and the problems it brings.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Say good bye to your passport if you're a wrongun on 08:11 - Dec 7 with 711 viewssaint901

In the USA many states have decriminalised "soft" drugs but continue to struggle with the hard drug issues mainly opiod based stuff.

It's also true however that there the drug issue more closely splits along social fault lines with many inner city deprived neighbourhoods having a disproportionate problem.

Recreational use in the USA, especially with soft drugs, does seem to be more prevalent in the affluent population.

As has been said above, the problem needs to be tackled from all sides but also needs to be practical. No Gov't is going to eradicate the issue completely and it's a false promise to make. The question is really what level of drug taking is acceptable?

What we certainly don't need is some pompous 4rse dressed in SWAT black storing sound bites for a leadership contest that (please) happens soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024