Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smalling marshalling Roma victory 22:06 - May 25 with 1035 viewsinthebox

Ifs buts and maybes but should we have grabbed him when he was drifting out of United. Fu*k the wages you have to some class in your side.
Smalling marshalling Roma victory on 22:20 - May 25 with 1010 viewsPatfromPoole

Phil Jones may be a more likely bet.

But not a typical Saints signing….

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Smalling marshalling Roma victory on 10:53 - May 26 with 844 viewsSadoldgit

I seem to remember Smalling not being rated very highly when he played here?
Smalling marshalling Roma victory on 11:19 - May 26 with 835 viewsWints76

The day after Leicester edged us out 9-0 at SMS, I bundled my offspring to the airport and left the country. We went and watched Roma beat Milan 2-1 and Smalling was without doubt the best player on the pitch. I got the impression that the slightly slower Italian game benefitted him. I don't know if it has improved him or he has found his level (don't mean that in a disparaging way, some players suit different leagues better)
Smalling marshalling Roma victory on 13:36 - May 26 with 785 viewssaint901

I think part of the problem was that the TV pundits pointed out that Smalling was prone to using his hands to push players, especially at corners and because refs watch the TV, they began to look out for it.

His days starting at Man U became less frequent, perhaps because the manager knew that he was a walking penalty risk.

As you say perhaps the slower Italian game suits him and certainly if Italian refs gave penalties for pushing at corners, we'd see 20 in every match.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024