Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yes, it time for JWP to move on. 17:53 - Jun 16 with 654 viewsGRIM

The question keeps coming up, will JWP move on. I think it's better for both him & Saints if they parted company.
We all know JWP's strengths but his most recent appearance for England exposed his weaknesses. He's a superbly fit lad & one could never question his effort but his approach to the game is so negative. He very rarely gets his head up or looks to play a forward pass. His first thought is safety playing it backwards or sideways, he's afraid of making mistakes or taking risks.
It not surprising our forwards don't score enough goals but they just don't get the balls early enough from midfield. Forwards stop making the runs if they know they are not going to get the ball.
It's not just JWPs fault, apart from Stuart Armstrong we have absolutely no creativity from midfield.
Alright we would miss JWPs goals from set pieces but I like to think with a different style of player providing early balls into the channels to our front men we would more than compensate for JWPs goal contribution.
We cannot continue to rely on JWP bailing us out with the occasional spectacular free kick, we need more variety going forward.
Toward the end of last season JWP set piece delivery was very average, I can only assume it was because of fatigue after a long very hard season.
Also I'm not convinced he's a strong enough leader to be captain, captains don't have to be your best player but must be strong personalities with positive attitudes.
But if an offer in excess of 50m came in then I should be accepted & the club should move on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024