Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Was The Best Opening Day Game At St Mary's 20:59 - Jul 28 with 730 viewsSaintNick

I have a feeling that we have only won once on the opening day at St Mary's, that was against Leeds in 2011 in the Championship, it obviously wont happen again this season as we are away

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

What Was The Best Opening Day Game At St Mary's on 21:20 - Jul 28 with 683 viewsSaintsforeverj

The Leeds win was the only opening day St Mary's win I can remember. You then need to go back to the Dell years, before we won opening games. Coventry away 1999 is the other one I remember. You have to go back to the 80s for home wins on the opening day. In 88, we beat west Ham 4 nil and QPR 5 1 the year before.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

What Was The Best Opening Day Game At St Mary's on 21:23 - Jul 28 with 678 viewsericofarabia

For me personally, the1st ever PL game v Chelsea. Even though we lost, it was a magical moment.
Living overseas at the time I didn't witness it slowly rising out of the ground, and Matchday was my 1st actual viewing of it, although I'd obviously seen photos.
I loved The Dell and in over 30 years I had watched so many games from all parts of the ground, initially at the front of The Milton stood on a wooden stool to be able to see over the wall, then progressing to under The Toomers Choc Box, then Archers then both ends of under West Stand and then halfway line under the East Stand. Never made it under The Archers Bike Shed though. But being a part of a sell out 32000, in Block 1 right next to the chelsea mob, was an amazing experience and hopefully meant we could compete with the big boys with the improved revenue. It was a move that needed to be made, but I still truly miss those Dell Days!!
What Was The Best Opening Day Game At St Mary's on 21:34 - Jul 28 with 659 viewsSaintNick

What Was The Best Opening Day Game At St Mary's on 21:20 - Jul 28 by Saintsforeverj

The Leeds win was the only opening day St Mary's win I can remember. You then need to go back to the Dell years, before we won opening games. Coventry away 1999 is the other one I remember. You have to go back to the 80s for home wins on the opening day. In 88, we beat west Ham 4 nil and QPR 5 1 the year before.

We beat West Brom away in 2013 last minute Rickie Lambert penalty

What Was The Best Opening Day Game At St Mary's on 21:43 - Jul 28 with 646 viewsSaintsforeverj

What Was The Best Opening Day Game At St Mary's on 21:34 - Jul 28 by SaintNick

We beat West Brom away in 2013 last minute Rickie Lambert penalty

We did, I was there!

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

What Was The Best Opening Day Game At St Mary's on 21:47 - Jul 28 with 644 viewsSaintNick

What Was The Best Opening Day Game At St Mary's on 21:43 - Jul 28 by Saintsforeverj

We did, I was there!

So was i West Brom have always been a team that we seem to have done well against, we beat them on the opening day at the Dell in 1975 and then 6 months later in a replay in the FA Cup 5th round, the rest as they say is history

What Was The Best Opening Day Game At St Mary's on 22:45 - Jul 28 with 609 viewssaintwizzler

We’ll have to go some to get a win on the opening day this season.
I predict Spurs to push Liverpool for second place in the Premier League.
Man City will win it with Haaland and the left back soon to join from Brighton.

7/1 for a Man City/Spurs straight forecast.

WE BOLDLY MARCH ON BRAVELY

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024