Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back from todays game 19:13 - Feb 25 with 1155 viewsA1079

Really there is not alot to say thought I probably will end up waffling on, so bear with me.

To put it mildly, we were woeful again today. Yet again last weekend seems like a blip rather than a catalyst to something better.

In effect we offered absolutely nothing as an attacking force and no outlet for our defence. We played so deep throughout the game. Ok, I get the need to start compact and build on from last week and may be the tactic was to go for a draw or a smash and grab but the latter assumes we have someone who can do the grab and today we didn't even have someone who remotely threatened. JWP was played out of the game but he worked hard to try and get things going. Elyounoussi offered little in midfield and I keep wondering why every manager seems to pick him. We were pedestrian and lacking any creativity though Sulemani tried to get some things going but largely to no avail.

Our defence was good and looked assured but when all you do is defend deep and offer no outlet in midfield or attach sooner or later you will concede.

I was so disappointed with today as there was no aggression, no fight and last week should have lifted the team and everyone. The support was also poor - we didn't even fill the lower level and the support that was there was so quiet and easily drowned out by an inspired Leeds crowd. That said, when you see nothing on the pitch to offer you hope and excitement or entertainment then it is difficult for a crowd to be motivated.

Our substitutions were awful. The timing of them was ok but the choice left alot to be desired. In fact, when you knew Walcott was coming on you knew we were not going for a win - though he was no worse than many others. Stuart Armstrong was poor and it looks like he doesn't want to be here - though, perhaps that is not surprising.

I don't understand what was trying to be achieved today other than seeking a draw. I am glad that I did not join in the Selles hyperbole last week on the basis of one game - today suggested that in reality not that much has changed and not that much has changed because of the lowering of quality over several seasons and making the wrong decisions in the summer.

What I also find odd with our team is - they get the double over Chelsea, they beat Man City under Jones and managed to draw against Arsenal at home but fail miserably against the bread and butter teams where we need to dig in and fight - why is that? Dare I suggest that perhaps we have a team of players that are happy to put in a shift against the better sides in the hope they get noticed but can't be ar*ed against those around us and not bothered about being relegated! Not sure, but if we battled like we did against Chelsea we may have got something today.

After Wolves I was resigned to our fate. Then there was a slither of hope but in all honesty I cannot see it. We just don't have the players and I have no problem with Selles staying in the job until Summer as it is the only realistic option but I don't expect him to achieve anything different to his predecessors.

I cannot wait for this season to end.

A largely pointless addition, but I do really hate Leeds Utd, the city and their god awful fans but I don't know if today was the norm but their vocal support was excellent - as much as it pains me to say it. Going to be a difficult day at work on Monday - I am surrounding by them.
Back from todays game on 19:25 - Feb 25 with 1086 views1885_SFC

Saints, Everton & Bournemouth all won last week. This week they all lost.

I've given up trying to work out what's what. Its's a bit of a weird season where no one has been cut adrift... yet.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024