Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yellow crds 12:43 - Aug 13 with 586 viewskingslandstand1

Quite a few (!) in our game but just watching a highights prog and a Rotherham player got fooled, yes a foul, but he started waving the imaginary yellow card and cos of that got himself booked! It was Bobby Madely mind, but it was his 2nd so then got a red!

Think there may be a few suspensions this season .........

SFC Ref - any thoughts?
Yellow crds on 12:57 - Aug 13 with 557 viewsSFC_Referee

I like it, as the main two areas refs have been told to tidy up on for disciplinary action is time wasting and dissent. As dissent and referee abuse is a major issue at all levels of the game, and whenever any of us previously tried to deal with it, you’d just get players and coaches going on about how they always got away with it in the prem etc… but now that they’re not getting away with it, players can’t use that excuse as well as many starting to notice it so are doing it less.

As I’ve already had a few games this season, and the difference in stick and complains is massive, as they know from watching the top level games, as well as seeing it with other refs (rather than just the odd one here and there like what it used to be) and if they do, do any of it, they’re just taking it and causing less of a fuss as they used to.

As I’m all for it and think this is well overdue, although I’d like to see the sin-bins introduced into the top level so that it kinda makes it separate from the usual disciplinary action. But still there isn’t really much of an excuse for dissent, as it doesn’t influence a game like a DOGSO offence does and has no proper reason for it occurring in the first place, as other sports have shown by how they are to their officials.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024