Following on from the football violence thread, what are the top 3 best straight red cards you’ve seen for a Saints player?
1. Oscar Gobern vs Bournemouth - slipped and volleyed the bloke in the chest. Textbook 2. Prutton vs Arsenal - the tackle on Pires was filthy enough but feeling hard done by he doubled down by trying to get at the lino. 3. Benali vs Norwich - elbowed Ruel Fox’s nose half way across the pitch but still remonstrated with the ref. Absolute lunatic
Not old enough to have seen Benali’s assault on John Fashanu sadly otherwise that would obviously be number 1
Today will go down in ITK history. Little TCP has carried out an ITK Blitzkrieg on this forum and his enemies will struggle to respond. the phoney war is over and the first day of battle has begun, but is the real war over before it has even started?
1teem and A6 are shell shocked and cannot keep up with the flurry of attacks coming from left field. Their lines of communication and intelligence have been shown up to be second rate. They’re wounded animals right now but will they have one last bite or lay down and die?
TCP’s scorched earth policy is controversial and doesn’t win many friends but is damned effective And with news of each victory comes an ever growing legion of followers. No longer the young upstart, bookies are no longer taking bets on TCP winning the #summertransferwindow2019 ITK title.
Since we’re in the right frame of mind to pile in on our own inept team, let’s have your top 3 past and/or present players that you’ve always disliked for some reason. Players who push for a move or slag off the club after they’ve left don’t count.
1. Olivier Bernard - hard to pick out one from that 04/05 team but Bernard openly looked like he didn’t care. The archetypal Redknapp signing.
2. Ricardo Fuller - the only signing we paid a transfer fee for in the first season after we were relegated (£90,000 ffs) and he was shît. An ex-skate who couldn’t wait to leave from the moment he got here
3. David Speedie - bought to replace Shearer (!) along with Dixon. Utter dog shît old man ugly balding cünt. Would’ve loved to have seen Hurlock iron him out
Quite a few upsets this weekend already, so what are the ones involving Saints that you’re still receiving therapy for?
1. 99/2000? That fûcking 4-3 against Tranmere in the replay after being 3-0 up at half-time. Only Saints could lose in that situation
2. 93/94. Losing against Port Vale after a replay. Height of the anti-Branfopt protests (back when it was ok to wish death on a manager and not be worried about hurting their feelings...), complete lack of discipline in both games. I remember players chasing each other around the pitch trying have a scrap in the first game and Tommy Widdrington getting sent off in the replay. Mental times
3. 98/99. The time we managed to get knocked out by Fulham (then Div 3) in both cup competitions in the same season! Dirk Lehman (the German pornstar) and Barry fùcking Hayles absolutely rinsed us. I remember Ostenstad scoring a goal while on his arse to earn a replay in the last minute of the first FA cup game but otherwise it was another miserable attempt at getting past the 3rd round.
The only downside today was that the media can’t stop themselves making constant reference to Klopp whenever they are talking about Hasenhüttl. He’s not even the same nationality ffs! When we scored our first and Ralph celebrated but decided to tone it down a bit, the MOTD commentator said something like ‘he nearly went full Jürgen Klopp there!’ Just. Fück. Off
I hope you’re not still too scared to post after being ‘bullied’ which is why you’re just liking and disliking people’s posts? You must be pleased with yesterday’s news? Who do you think we should get in to replace bumbling bloated Les? Maybe with ‘El Duce’ gone the fans will come flooding back and we can finally get that Kop End built?